[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mordhau thread get hype

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: 77bae3147fb593b4dc07c4a2cfdf5d16.jpg (601KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
77bae3147fb593b4dc07c4a2cfdf5d16.jpg
601KB, 1920x1200px
Mordhau thread

get hype
>>
>>382930329
>Can attack while moving.
>No hitstop.
>No hitstun.
>Slow.
i don't know why you guys buy this shit..
>>
>>382930565
because it's the best melee game
>>
>>382930329
>get hype
"no"
Now fuck off, shill
>>
>>382930565
its just one sad shill on /v/
he used to spam for honor threads
>>
Daily reminder that Mordhau has blown For Honor out of the water :^)
>>
>>382931906

Pretty sure For Honor blew itself out of the water by being a dull game with no balance and nothing to do in it, much like this game will be. Dead a week after release.
>>
>>382932913
>Mordhau
>release
>>
>>382930565
yeah i love video games where you cant attack while moving that's the most fun
>>
>>382930565
>>No hitstop.
>>No hitstun.
I legitimately want to know why is this a bad thing
I don't even know what the fuck is OP shilling but there are many MANY action games where I wish hitstops didnt exist
>>
>>382933224
Because hitstop is the most effective way to show feedback for a swing. In reality you don't just cleanly cleave through people your weapon would be stopped but because that would be a nightmare to code/animate because of bullshit physics involved hitstop is the most straightforward alternative. If there is no hitstun then you have no reason to be defensive since it just becomes a dps race to carve each other up with no penalty as a strategy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNYXAKqOtjo

10/10 desu
>>
>>382933575
What about 0.5~1 second hitstops in PVE games, with no PVP?
>>
>devs went out of the way to state they would never lower the skill ceiling of the game in order to sell copies

they have my sword. also they have directly confirmed they stole the scream button from chivalry.
>>
>>382933757
Hitstops are feedback for the player regardless if he's fighting a computer or another person? Unless you meant hitstun, in which case it's still valuable to promote actual fighting strategy aside from mashing abilities?
>>
>>382930329
>Literal shiny chivalry
Yea it would be fun, but its just gonna die like the rest as soon as the community goes full toxic memers
>>
>>382933719
>that chambering
>those matrixes
>flourish

DAMN
>>
>>382933910
mashing isn't an issue with games like this. you're applying pve logic that doesn't matter in this environment. you know in these games when you have hit someone
>>
>>382934242
hitstun adds value to timing attacks to make windows of opportunity to dodge/swing more often. It also makes you mindful of your defensive options since being caught in a string of enemy attacks is obviously worse then just being hit once or not at all. Hitstun adds depth to combat regardless if it's PvP or PvE. I'm not super clear why this is confusing for you.
>>
>>382933719

Oh good grief that looks retarded. Who actually funds these shit games?
>>
>>382934432
how can you honestly say that looks bad

never played real chivalry? was really one of the most fun games i've ever played, before they ruined it
>>
>>382933719
so the combat is literally Mount and Blade?
>>
>>382934654
Of course he hasn't.

From what we've seen so far, Mordhau is literally a perfect Chivalry.

>clashing
>chambering
>matrixes
>mordhau grip
>halfswording
>no more reverses
>reasonable dragging
>feints nerfed via clashing
>being able to select what kind of armor you wear
>horses

>>382934890
It takes the good stuff from M&B ( clashing, chambering, horses ) but it's mainly Chivalry's spiritual son.
>>
>>382934890
no, like chivalry, but enhanced far beyond both games. directional swings and momentum matter, mordhau is the first game where you can block a swing with a swing by clashing blades
>>
Only baddies and scrubs didnt like 360 beyblades and reverse OHs... they are easily counterable if your not retarded and added more depth to the game. Get rekt noobs
>>
File: 1486957798045.jpg (69KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
1486957798045.jpg
69KB, 1000x700px
>/v/ will pretend to hate this if it ever releases because of that autist from the for honor threads
>>
>>382935210
>game has some mechanical issues
>better ruin the entire game with heavy handed "fixes" instead of sitting down and figuring out the right thing to do!

It's funyn how I never encountered the reverse overhead thing until after they nerfed skill out of the game.
>>
>>382935210
Too bad all of those baddies left and now the chiv community is a measly 1000 at best, 600 at most.
Reverses and the unreactionable feints are trash, and even the best players can agree on that.
>>
>chivalry brought me maybe more pure joy than any game ever
>was one of the best longsword users in the game
>played with top level players, many discussions abound regarding tournaments, high level play
>suddenly skill gets nerfed out of the game for no reason
>where i could regularly 1v3 people with skill before, you now automatically lose any 1v3 because of stamina

they then went on to make a game like that new gearbox game (I cant even think of the name the badass game) except with even worse character designs. The game is forgotten about/DOA already. So bizarre.
>>
>>382935967
>>where i could regularly 1v3 people with skill before, you now automatically lose any 1v3 because of stamina

that's just false
>>
>>382935069
You can do this in mount & blade warband
>>
>>382936118
M&B gameplay doesn't even approach chivalry in its reduced state. this isn't an argument.

M&B is beloved for different reasons. it does not compare in terms of direct combat.
>>
>>382936087

I could believe to be honest. There was a time aswell for me where I could single-handedly take down a significant part of a team on my own with nothing but a zweihänder and some well timed ducks. Now the games plagued with Knights who break the hitbox by doing that retarded spinning while looking up attack glitch.

The games a broken mess now.
>>
>>382938479
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnBJk0mujac

you still can if you're better than them
>>
>>382933201
When you play a good game, it limits movement while attacking in melee. The reason for this is because it creates a call and response system when controlling space and gives greater emphasis on selecting the move for a job; such as choosing a fast short-range poke, a long thrust, or even a gap-closing self projectile (like Dante's stinger or a tatsu in streetfighter).

Games that allow movement while fighting have a very slippery feel, and the fundamentals of spacing, move selection, and punishing go out the window for a very different type of neutral -- one that emphasizes shimmying in out of distance a lot with a shit ton of backpedaling. It's why people will (and they will) describe the game as "floaty."

>>382933224
Hitstop is a quality of life thing. It gives the feeling of connecting to a hit or block a very distinct feedback compared to games without it, and applies a rhythm to chained attacks and blockstrings. A lot of games without hitstop are fine, because they don't emphasize this rhythm... But it makes it feel more paced without effecting the speed.

Hit-stun gives you additional feedback and reduces senseless trades. This is why typically moves that ignore hitstun in fighting games are very powerful and very punishable.
>>
>>382933757
That's fairly long but I suppose if you want to give feedback that it's a REALLY heavy hit it could work. Sounds like it could be bullshit though.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.