[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It ain't bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

File: Star Fox Assault.png (138KB, 640x240px) Image search: [Google]
Star Fox Assault.png
138KB, 640x240px
It ain't bad
>>
its alright
>>
It had more content than Zero at least and also had a reliable control scheme for Arwing battles
>>
I kind of sucks
>>
>>382924107
It's okay. The multiplayer was actually pretty fun
>>
It's my favorite StarFox game, because you can run around on foot.
>>
File: command.png (59KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
command.png
59KB, 256x384px
the only bad aspect of Assault were the on foot sections.
>>
>>382924398
Kys those were the best parts, especially the multiplayer.
>>
Star Fox 64 > Assault > original > Zero = Command
>>
File: the better game.png (196KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
the better game.png
196KB, 400x250px
>>382924603
>aparoid base
>good
>>
>>382924209
>It had more content than Zero at least
I'm not sure about that
>>
It's fucking trash. Stop acting like it was good because it was put next to Star Fox Adventures. Literally just play it so you can stop this meme already.
>>
>>382925351
incorrect
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 774x1032px
It ain't me
>>
>>382924209
>It had more content than Zero at least
LOL

>>382924398
>the only bad aspect of Assault were the on foot sections
Hell no.
Even if you set aside that the single player was like 60% on-foot with poor controls, you still have:
>only 10 levels (compared with original's 20 and 64's 16)
>no branching or alternate paths
>much less replay value
>all the non-forward scrolling levels (7/10 of them) being lazily repurposed multiplayer maps will dull, generic objectives like 'destroy all the enemy spawners'
>most of the enemies when on-foot being too simple to be the least bit interesting
>many of the bosses sucking and/or basically rehashing 64 boss concepts
>much of the music being orchestral arrangements of 64 music instead of something new
>weaker Arwing mechanics than previous games (tilting the ship to reorient hitbox and affect how you turn was hugely downplayed, momentum to ship movement was largely removed, smart bomb looks and feels like shit and barely seems to work, ship has shittons of autoaim in all-range mode, etc.)
>pacing in forward scrolling levels being garbage, full of long stretches where little to nothing happens
>absolutely horrible rail shooting sections

But the multiplayer is pretty good, although the map size makes them feel like they're designed for matches with far more players than just 4, and the inability to create CPU opponents is pretty fucking dumb.
>>
Assault had a better first level boss sequence than 64
>>
Is it fair that we're comparing a portable game to its clearly superior console counterparts?

It was totally fine for a DS game.
>>
>>382927680
The first level is the only one where they put in any effort to make it not suck, and even so, the level itself is still worse than 64's Corneria, let alone a level like Area 6.
>>
>>382924107
It aint good.
>>
File: GibMeADolla.jpg (34KB, 229x248px) Image search: [Google]
GibMeADolla.jpg
34KB, 229x248px
>>382928090
>only 10 levels (compared with original's 20 and 64's 16)
>no branching or alternate paths
Zero brought these back yet it still ended up more of a failure than Assault
>>
>>382924107
It's pretty average at best
>>
File: 21491674.jpg (426KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
21491674.jpg
426KB, 1024x768px
>>382924767
original = 2 > 64 > Assault multiplayer >> Zero > Assault singleplayer >>> Command
>>
>>382924209
>>382928315
>b-but, at least it's better than Zero in one respect
Man, what a gold standard to shoot for.
>>
The music was really good.
>>
Assault was gpod
>>
>>382929030
It had some criminally underrated multiplayer music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zemil9qNPlE
>>
Assault is the true sequel to 64 but was incredibly undercooked in all aspects (except music I guess). Kid Icarus Uprising is basically Assault if it was done right.
>>
>>382924107
No. I'll break it down why.
>All on foot sections in single player are unbearable
>That leaves levels 1, 5, 8 and 10 as the only good ones. That's about as much Arwing levels as Star Fox Adventures.
>Even with the bad levels, there are only 10 missions in the game, with no branching paths, compared to the 16 missions in Star Fox 64.

Or how about Multiplayer? Sure, all air was pretty much just as good as Star Fox 64, but all the other modes? Ugh. We're not going to talk about Tanks + Planes, as Tanks counter Planes. In Tanks+Planes+Pilots, there were only a few viable strategies.
>Wolf is faster than everyone, so he can grab all the best stuff, and destroy tanks before anyone else gets close. Also, he's the best pilot, and has the most life. Dunno what they were thinking with him.
>Krystal is a pain in the ass because she has a ton of barriers. However, unless you can grab more barriers, or a Tank, she's significantly worse than Wolf.
>Slippy is only good if you can spawn close to a Tank, in which you get in and fuck almost everyone up. Otherwise, Wolf steals your Tank, or blows it up.
>Peppy's pistol is dumb good, and counters Tanks and barriers. If someone is playing Peppy, Slippy and Krystal are fucked. Wolf isn't fucked, as Peppy has just about zero way to hit that fucker. More reasons to pick Wolf I guess.
>Airplanes kind of suck, as they are countered by tanks, snipers, control missiles, and homing launchers.
>The holy trinity of on foot brokenness is jetpack/invisible/barrier. Pick Wolf, use your speed to grab as many of these as you can, find a homing launcher, and then time it out so that nobody else gets any of these. Even better, just put a circle of mines around them so you can jetpack in and get em, but everyone else either has to blow a barrier or waste time shooting them all.
>Demon launcher is so good in survival, that if all the other players have 2 lives remaining, you should kill yourself to get it.
>>
Looking back, the on rail arwing sections feel off somehow, like their isn't enough weight to the arwing.
The single player on foot missions tend to be kinda eh, what with the 'go shoot x number of things all over the map' and the control wasn't really as good as it could of been regardless of if you were using doom controls or twin stick.
The 'riding one someone else's wing' sections sucked dick.
The multiplayer was fucking amazing though, I wish they had the ability to link up gamecubes for LAN play because 16/32 players on some of those maps could've been crazy fun.
Also
>that one guy who always played as Falco and ran towards the arwing
>>
>>382924773
Why do people hate aparoid base?
>>
>>382929030
I'm still waiting on soundtrack to outdo the original's.

>>382929493
>Assault is the true sequel to 64
I don't know about that. All signs point to Assault initially being a multi-player only game, and the single player being thrown together at the last minute.
>>
>>382926937
Wtf
>>
File: 1498765634975.jpg (73KB, 600x562px) Image search: [Google]
1498765634975.jpg
73KB, 600x562px
>a solid entry of the series will never happen because nintendo humps and dumps the IP at random to random dev teams
>dev teams will never get a chance to actually fix the problems because iterative sequels aren't allowed
>>
File: 1473264363496.jpg (12KB, 145x214px) Image search: [Google]
1473264363496.jpg
12KB, 145x214px
>>
>>382930076
It's huge, a bit maze-like, symmetrical so you constantly feel like you've been here before and might be going the wrong way, something like 30 fucking minutes long, the visuals are extremely bland and repetitive, it has one of most annoying music tracks to hear for very long, etc. etc.
>>
>>382930947
Why didn't they just move Star Fox 2 to the N64 instead of rehashing the original?
>>
>>382924107
I actually really liked this game. Multiplayer was fun as heck with 4 playe
>>
>>382924107
Best game in the series, but Star Fox is full of hipsters who won't accept anything that's not a 64 rehash.
>>
>all these scrub-ass kids hating on the on-foot gameplay
God you people have never made a friend in your life, Assault's multiplayer was a top-tier Arena shooter.
>>
File: gxElAiW.gif (1MB, 477x268px) Image search: [Google]
gxElAiW.gif
1MB, 477x268px
>>382930947
>Star Fox Zero announced
>Platinum Games involved
>dreams of perfect over-the-top CUHRAZEE SF game that perfects everything Assault did
>LOL NO WE'RE JUST MAKING STAR FOX 64 AGAIN BUT HEY PLATINUM HELPED WITH SOME GRAPHICS OR SOMETHING
>>
>>382933191
>Best game in the series
How?

>>382933308
>Assault's multiplayer was a top-tier Arena shooter.
If we're comparing to games of the time that preceded it like Halo, TimeSplitters, Metal Arms, etc., Assault's multiplayer is pretty average I would say.
Also, most people agree that the multiplayer is good and it's just the single player which is a huge disappointment.
>>
>>382935653
>If we're comparing to games of the time that preceded it like Halo,
see, this is why Assault had a low score on MC
Halobabbies can't stand over anything that isn't Halo and calls everything a poor ripoff to it due to having vehicles.

remember fags back in 2006 they were calling Asasult a shoddy Halo 2 clone for the same shit
>>
Assault wasn't that great. It was no Goldeneye or Kid Icarus Uprising.
>>
>>382924107
It was a step in the right direction, but its execution was sloppy. nintendo should give the Assault formula another shot, but they're more than likely never gonna since Zero flopped harder than Command
>>
>>382937862
>It was a step in the right direction
How?
>>
Assault was worthless shit but at least it wasn't adventures
>>
>>382936591
I mentioned multiple multiplayer console shooters. Halo is a prominent and impossible to ignore example.
I'm not sorry if this upsets. Get over it.
>>
>>382937928
>can use Arwing and Landmaster in the same levels
>On foot arwing sections
>a more serious story that fleshed out the characters' personalities
>creative multiplayer that allowed you to mix and match vehicle and ground combat together
Like all Assault needed was more variety in mission obective and more levels and modern shooter controls
>>
>>382938831
>Halo is a prominent and impossible to ignore example.
because you're too muh of a halofag to irresistibly bring up gaylo to any shooter he finds.
>>
File: BLACKEDbond.jpg (32KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
BLACKEDbond.jpg
32KB, 512x512px
>>382936949
when's the debate, Codyfam?
>>
>>382939138
>On foot arwing sections
What the hell are you talking about? Do you just mean that you can leave your Arwing?

>a more serious story that fleshed out the characters' personalities
The story isn't very good and the characters are as one-dimensional as ever.

>creative multiplayer that allowed you to mix and match vehicle and ground combat together
I don't see how that is creative, but regardless, basically no one disputes that Assault has the best multiplayer of the series.
Also, unless I'm mistaken, you've basically mentioned that you can exit and enter vehicles 3 different times, as if it is a separate point every time.
>>
>>382939525
I don't care about and have barely played any Halo whatsoever, but keep being upset, friend.
>>
>>382930947
I want to sniff Fay's butt!
>>
>>382939872
>I don't care about and have barely played any Halo whatsoever,
nice cop out, halobabby
>>
>>382941080
Cut the shit, my dude.
Just answer this question: Are you suggesting that Star Fox Assault's multiplayer is better than Halo's multiplayer?
Because all I've said is that Halo, among other examples of the time, had better multiplayer than Assault. This is what you are taking issue with.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.