[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which ending did you choose?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 11

File: DeusExCover.png (623KB, 600x745px) Image search: [Google]
DeusExCover.png
623KB, 600x745px
Which ending did you choose?
>>
>>382922524
If you don't choose to become a machine God, you should pleasure your anus with a hair-triggered GEP Gun.
>>
File: 1472949857810.jpg (120KB, 1080x640px) Image search: [Google]
1472949857810.jpg
120KB, 1080x640px
>>382922524
the good ending, of course
helios
>>
clearly the devs only liked the helios ending. i don't think it's the best from a moral standpoint but whatever. it's the only good ending.
>>
File: 1.jpg (17KB, 651x241px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
17KB, 651x241px
>>
>>382923552
this
>>
GMDX 9.0 when?
>>
File: 1284624493080.jpg (55KB, 400x340px) Image search: [Google]
1284624493080.jpg
55KB, 400x340px
the based black man one
>>
>>382924352
just a few more days
for real this time :^)
>>
File: 1484666792935.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1484666792935.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Did you open it?
>>
Global blackout is the intellectual man's ending. Becoming a man-machine of a god is succumbing to your own hubris and paving the way to be toppled by another.
>>
>>382924916
>implying
There is only one pinnacle.
>>
>>382924916
global blackout is stupid and will lead to the same future. it only delays them by a few years.
>>
The Illuminati ending, of course
>>
File: DX Illuminati Ending.jpg (64KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
DX Illuminati Ending.jpg
64KB, 700x525px
Illuminati ending. It's the only reasonable option.

Dark Age ending is clearly Luddite nonsense. Who would think blowing up the internet would solve anything? Assuming (for some reason) that global communications aren't quickly restored, all you guarantee is that the world is thrown into chaos and you have no control over who's going to be at the reigns the next time such a system is built.

Meanwhile, if you trust Helios, you have a baby's conception of Artificial General Intelligence and its potential dangers. If such a system, which is capable of thinking at millions or billions times the speed of any human, were hooked up to all global communications networks, what sort of devastation could be unleashed if its goals even slightly deviated from our own? Merging with JC is a cool solution to that problem, but I don't trust Helios for a minute. Have you heard the damn thing speak?

While Everett is a dick, there's very little wrong with handing control over to the Illuminati. It's a balance between ultimate chaos and ultimate order, where you only influence from the shadows, giving people the feeling of freedom without the dangers of true freedom or the restrictions of totalitarian control. With a group of intelligent elite in power, we can be sure that things won't ever get out of hand (especially with JC Denton there to stop anyone like Bob Page).
>>
>Not picking the Illuminati
Enjoy ruling with no subtlety and being toppled.
>>
>>382925346
Why would anyone want to topple me? Helios already gained control of Hong Kong and the people are loving it. I can be the perfect dictator, guiding humanity into a brighter future.
>>
>>382925486
Gee, I wonder how many times I've heard that
>>
File: Flag_of_the_Soviet_Union.svg.png (2KB, 300x150px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_the_Soviet_Union.svg.png
2KB, 300x150px
>>382925486
You and every other deranged utopian idealist.

Anyone who offers paradise at the cost of submitting to the will of a dictator is only interested in power, pure and simple. What's disgusting is that people keep fucking falling for it.

Source: the entire 20th century.
>>
>>382925251
>we can be sure that things won't ever get out of hand
debeers probably said the same thing
>>
>>382925568
>>382925968
Global blackout with a new dark age would put us back to 50% infant mortality.

Illuminati doesn't change anything. They'll get the knowledge of Helios and Bob Page, and how they did everything. Do you want Morgan Everett as your god-king?

The only way to save the world from those things is to rule it yourself. Dictators have two problems: evil and stupidity. Helios prevents stupidity, and JC prevents evil.
>>
File: Lisa_and_Carole.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lisa_and_Carole.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
Was Deus Ex the first big game to have lesbians?
>>
>>382926368
The Illuminati explicitly acts indirectly. They only influence. Suggest. Insinuate. Morgan Everett doesn't get to be "god-king", he just makes sure structure is maintained without deeply sacrificing individual freedom.

A totalitarian system by its very nature is evil. You need a lesson in history (particularly of the last century) if you think it's possible for a collectivist political system, no matter who's in control, to end in anything but suffering and depravity.
>>
>>382926967
>A totalitarian system by its very nature is evil. You need a lesson in history (particularly of the last century) if you think it's possible for a collectivist political system, no matter who's in control, to end in anything but suffering and depravity.
It has been so far, because humans were in control. All the political theory and history becomes irrelevant when you have a physical god as your ruler.
>>
>>382926503
Reminder for those who haven't played in a while

>CAROLE I feel silly.
LISA You look good. Move your hips a little more. There you go.
>CAROLE Like this?
LISA That's better.
>CAROLE Want to get something to eat after this?
LISA Maybe some tea. But I want to go home, take a bath...
>CAROLE Where do you live?
LISA Not too far. I like your tattoo.
>CAROLE Really?
LISA The claws of a dragon... touching your breast.
>CAROLE I just thought it would be sexy.
>>
>>382927063
>Wanting to live as a pet
>The moment Helios wants to fuck you for the Great Good tm you basically can't fight back
At least you still stand a chance if the Illuminati try to fuck with you
>>
>>382927063
What nonsense. First, there's no guarantee that we can create Artificial General Intelligence that has a goal structure that doesn't end up destroying us all. If it DOES serve our interests, then it is inherently constrained by the political will of the human beings who created it. As such, it is merely a tool to create the worst form of totalitarian control ever imagined.

It's amazing to me how players of a cyberpunk game can be so blinkered by idealism.
>>
File: 1468692558726.jpg (585KB, 1200x920px) Image search: [Google]
1468692558726.jpg
585KB, 1200x920px
>>382925251
Every ending is ultimately self-defeating.

Helios is clearly insane and merging J.C. with it wouldn't do much to solve that problem. It's a bad ending for all the reasons you acknowledged.

The Illuminati ending just means that things might be kinda sorta okay for as long as J.C. is around to keep things in order, and that's the best case scenario. There is nothing stopping another MJ12 schism occurring later down the line.

Dark Age is an extreme response, but I ended up picking it in the hopes that *something* would change by having the entire global infrastructure and order heavily jostled with little to no warning.

So you either give the keys to a program beyond human comprehension, kick the can down the street a few decades, or shake things up and hope for the best. Either way, the moneyed elites of the world win.
>>
>>382927715
I like your reasoning, but the Dark Age ending strikes me as "kick the can into your asshole neighbor's window". You're still only delaying the inevitable, but in such a way that you're even less sure of the result and inviting danger.

But, you're not wrong about the mixed nature of all the endings. That's why debating them is so fun, they tell you about what a person values.
>>
File: 1498667064074.png (34KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1498667064074.png
34KB, 633x758px
>>382922524
I don't think I'll ever get to the ending. I had never played Deus ex until the Steam sale and I'm still stuck on the Statue of Liberty level
>>
>>382928879
GMDX v9 mod comes out on Saturday, it'll change your life. Touches up the game mechanics and environments, as well as basically everything else about the game.
>>
>>382928879
Think of it as a tutorial mission, stun everyone if that helps you in the beginning, and later on you'll learn to be swift and sneaky.
Oh and take the GEP gun
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.