[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WWE 2k18

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 17

File: 1499274257141.jpg (295KB, 1024x1305px) Image search: [Google]
1499274257141.jpg
295KB, 1024x1305px
cautious optomism. 2k held a developer summit for WWE 2k18 this week and here are some takeaways

>for the first time since 2006, they won't be making a PS3/360 version, so the team isn't being split up and essentially making 2 different games which gives them more manpower and devtime for this year's game

>MyCareer will be less grindy and a lot shorter, will have branching paths and "character builds" (i.e. giant, high flyer, technition, etc) which will limit some of the things you can do with a specific character and open up new avenues for others

>New career upgrade system specifically designed to make progression fun and give it replay value

>Revamped promo engine from 2k17

>FREE ROAM back stage in career mode (fuck yes)

>Backstage area 3x larger than 2k17 with more objects and areas to interact with

>Universe mode will have an expanded, rewritten story system, so that storylines can persist through pay-per-views, can overlap, and more

>FINALLY support for 8 person matches

>Create-a-match mode so you can set up the match the way you want it and save it to the "select a match" screen

>They estimated a roster of 170+ wrestlers this year, keeping with the trend of making every year's roster "the biggest roster yet".
>>
>Graphic overhaul, all new models, brand new skin textures and shaders, brand new lighting, real time reflections and shadows, ring gear and boots are said to look almost photo-realistic now

>As far as the look of the game, Little said that the WWE 2K team was tired of trying to catch up to the NBA 2K team in terms of graphics, so they decided to just outdo them, by rewriting their entire graphics system from the ground up.

I'm cautiously optomistic, if they deliver on every thing they're promising here it should be a huge step up from last year, though that being said last year they flat out announced a "Suplex City" mode to replace the showcase (since they couldn't get rights to use some of Brock Lesnar's most famous opponents) but when the game came out it was nowhere to be found, was never spoken of again, and they deleted any reference to it from their website. So they've been shitty about this kind of "announcing new features" in the past, but if they don't flat out lie this time it might be cool.

Also really fucking hope they add body sliders back into the creation suite. Making you choose from pre-set torsos/arms/legs that were either "kinda muscular" or "kinda skinny" was a fucking disaster.

source for preview info : http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/wwe-2k18-developer-summit-new-changes-game/2/
>>
File: 1mVAuNO.gif (2MB, 350x294px) Image search: [Google]
1mVAuNO.gif
2MB, 350x294px
>>382918826
>>382918840
What about "ass physics?'
>>
>>382918826
I assume you have a source for all this?
>>
>>382919292
Uncomfirmed as of yet
>>382919548
Check the giant black line in the 2nd post champ
>>
I probably also should note some of the other stuff, like them saying that Jerry Lawler is gone from the commentary, they've scrapped the commentary system from before and have recorded, directed and programmed it just like the NBA 2k games, and that different arena sizes will now have different sounds (i.e. giant Wrestlemania arenas will have wide open acoustics with thousands of people cheering, but NXT full sail arena will be quiet with more distinct crowd chatter/individual voices/calls) and they put in the new 2017 elimination chamber design, as well as a new online mode that seems like some kind of tournament thing
>>
it seems like every year they announce a list of changes that seem big but they usually amount to nothing.

Universe mode was one of the worst in 2k17 and the whole reversal system needs to be re-balanced or gotten rid of all together. Seemed like whichever character had more reversal slots had a huge advantage even if their rating was way lower.
>>
>>382920365
It seems that way at first, but it really is about choosing your spots and timing when to reverse properly. I hated it before I understood it in 2k16. Unlimited reversals were a huge problem in the old gams, but I really don't think the solution is just putting a limit on them, still it's servicable even if a better alternative exists. Its just about storing them up and timing it so that you don't do a reversal when your bar is refilling to the point that it's almost full, because you lose your progress. Once I got that I pretty much never lose anymore because I just know when to reverse and when to wait.

But yeah I'm not sure what the fuck happened with 2k17. 2k16 was really good, but 17 was a buggy mess and it just felt like shit to control. I'm hoping this year really is a good step forward since they aren't doing a last gen version, but we'll see.
>>
>Nothing about PC releasing simultaneously
>Nothing about them abandoning the PC version of 2k17 leaving it a buggy mess
>Nothing about them making the CAW system not shit

Still ain't paying for this garbage
>>
>>382918826
Why would i buy this turd? WWE doesn't even have a great roster to showcase. Who am i going to play with? no personality vanilla midgets from nxt?
And is Kurt Angle really on the cover for the next entry?
>>
>>382921183
>Nothing about them abandoning the PC version of 2k17 leaving it a buggy mess
don't worry they did the same thing with the console version. to this day there are bugs that can wipe your entire career, caw and save data without warning.
>>
>>382921254
No, the cover is fan made but he is the pre-order bonus (which traditionally has been available as DLC a month or so after launchlater). He has 2 versions when you pre order, his 2002-3 smackdown "team angle/olympic hero" attire/move set and his ECW "wrestling machine" attire/move set.
>who am I going to play with
The game has a lot of flaws, but roster isn't one of them. They have retardedly huge rosters now after 2k15 had a patheticly small one and everyone lost their shit. I think 2k16 had like 112 or something along those lines, before DLC. 2k17 had even more than that and they said 2k18 will have around 170 characters. They include a fuck load of wrestlers from all eras.
>>
>>382918826
I can't wait for the nude mods
>>
>>382922003

has this happened with 16 or 17 yet
>>
File: vader31.gif (4MB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
vader31.gif
4MB, 325x244px
Vader better be on the roster again.
>>
File: tamtam.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tamtam.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>170 wrestlers
Jesus Christ, why?

I want body morphing back so I can make the Slatons.
>>
File: SYM Booker T hidden entrance.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
SYM Booker T hidden entrance.webm
2MB, 960x540px
i want funny entrances back damn it
>>
>>382922670
>>
>>382921183
I actually refuse to buy 2k17 because they not only released it late like all the other entires, they went full jew and stopped offering the full package and made it full price + dlc and season pass.

Fuck em.
>>
>Still using the 1999 Yukes gameplay engine
>No talk of fixing online lag

Can't think of any other problems though.
>>
>>382922785
Do people actually play online?
>>
File: SYM Goldust hidden entrance.webm (1MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
SYM Goldust hidden entrance.webm
1MB, 960x540px
>>382922731
>>
>>382922785
Really? What about the slow as fuck gameplay, reversal system, uncanny valley models, shit commentary, glitchy as fuck physics, and downright game breaking bugs?
Granted, they've addressed at least some of them in this "preview" but I'll believe it when I see it. 2k have told boldfaced lies about the WWE games before.
>>
>>382923042
I used to in WWE 12/13 and if the connection was good, it could be really fun. I haven't played the current gen games though.

>>382923460
I agree on the slow gameplay, and shit commentary, but I thought they fixed the reversal system?
>>
>>382923580
They changed it from "unlimited reversal spam" to "you now have a limited amount of regenerating reversals" but they didn't balance the system at all, so it's like whoever has more base reversals will win 8/10 times.

it's a meter now broken up into 5 segments, and when you reverse it takes up one segment and starts filling back up slowly. wrestlers with higher "technical" skill get more base reversals (5/5) and ones with lower ones have few (2-3/5). Sounds alright on paper but in practice it just reverts to the guy with 5 reversals matching the guy with 2/3/4 reversals and then having a spare one to boot so he's always got at least 1 more than the other guy. Doesn't work out at all.
>>
>>382918826
I'd only play this on Switch as a handheld title
>>
>>382924156
So you don't have to time the reversals anymore?
>>
>>382924293
Not coming to switch bambino, they said they're not developing PS3/360 versions anymore which allows them to focus on optomizing the PS4/Xbone/PC versions. A switch version would have to be a ps3/360 port or its own thing. Won't happen.
>>
>>382924385
No you have to do that too
>>
>>382924385
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=wwe+2k18+switch&oq=wwe+2k18+switch&aqs=chrome..69i57.7970j0j4&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8&gfe_rd=mr#gfe_rd=mr&xxri=2
>>
>>382924317
Yeah you still have to time them, but they didnt adjust the timing from the PS360 games so it's still fuck easy to do. Rather than adjusting the skill needed to pull them off they just limited them. In 15 or 16 they added super reversals which not only block the move, but turn some of them around into offensive moves (i.e. turning a chokeslam into an arm bar or catching a diving move in mid air and slamming him or something) and those have pretty tight windows (I think it's like 3 frames or something?) but overall it's the same as the 360 reversal spam games, just with a meter that makes it even less balanced.
>>
>>382924524
Meant for >>382924317
>>
File: fire-pro-wrestling-world.jpg (119KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
fire-pro-wrestling-world.jpg
119KB, 650x366px
>giving a shit about WWE games when Fire-Pro Wrestling World is coming next month
>>
>>382924385
Wasn't there a listing for a Switch version somewhere.
>>
>>382922785
Another thing I just thought of was the idea of having multiple moments to reverse a move. For example, let's say you're about to get suplexed, there should be multiple spots within the move where you can counter: 1) Before the guy lifts you, by locking your leg and 2) when you're in the air, you could land on your feet behind your opponent and go into a back grapple.
>>
>>382924585
So yeah, they should tighten the timing. I remember changing the sliders all the way down to 0 for all reversal moves, and it was still incredibly easy to reverse.
>>
File: no switch.png (2MB, 1866x2122px) Image search: [Google]
no switch.png
2MB, 1866x2122px
>>382924545
Sorry my man. Check out the article, they specifically said that the reason they're improving so much this year is that the team isn't divided making 2 games. Switch version would be great and that'd be the system I'd buy it on too but there's no way they can port what they're promising to it when the switch is more comparable to a PS3/360 than a PS4/xbone
>>
>>382924653
wasn't it supposed to come out in june
also
>early access
>>
>>382924691
It's not on their official site. Granted neither is the PC version that comes out around wrestlemania every year, but that's just a straight port of the PS4 version.
>>
I just want create a story mode back.
>>
File: 1481487286016.jpg (714KB, 2774x1993px) Image search: [Google]
1481487286016.jpg
714KB, 2774x1993px
>get reminded of VGCW by this thread
>look it up to see if they're going to finally switch to a new game from 2k14
>it's dead
>>
Why do people dislike the reversal system now? For one, you can turn it off. But when you do, and your facing a high difficulty AI, it's just a reminder how cheap the difficulty can be. Like, the CPU will just almost always reverse most of your moves.

That's what made some of the older games so frustrating.
>>
>>382925482
probably only because there has been no create a story mode.
>>
>>382925614
There should be fewer reversals from the player and the CPU.
>>
>>382925812
You mean less reversal slots, or just generally less in a standard match?
>>
>>382925936
Less reversals in the match. The meter should fill up less quickly and the timing to actually hit the reversal should be much stricter.
>>
File: blissbutt5.gif (3MB, 360x640px) Image search: [Google]
blissbutt5.gif
3MB, 360x640px
no button mashing minigames
new models better models etc.
turn it more into a dating sim, with kayfabe politics with other wrestlers to build alliances, get managers etc.
make Alexa Bliss and Aj Styles as hot as they are on TV
>>
File: blissagain.webm (615KB, 466x462px) Image search: [Google]
blissagain.webm
615KB, 466x462px
>>382926357
Bliss needs jiggle physics
>>
>>382918826
I'm hoping for 2 main things here.

1. customization improvements. Meaning more options as well as fix the fucking body/face editing. 2k17 had some good ideas with the ability to grab individual points and move them about instead of sliders but there was no ability to mirror changes so you had to move each individually point on each side and try to manually match them. Also, give us back custom music support. I don't know what things have been like after 2k13 but the built in option wasn't there in 2k17 and it fucking sucked a lot of the fun out of custom wrestlers.

2. proper fucking PC support. 2k17's interface was fucking atrocious and not having mouse support on PC was inexcusable. Also, we should not have to jump through hoops of modifying and replacing sound/video files to get custom shit into the game. That is just asinine.

It feels like every time I look at a new 2k game, the changes look like 2-3 steps forward in one department and then every other department flat out turns around and runs the other way and that just seems confirmed with 2k17. So far, I have yet to see them outdo 2k13. Sure, actual gameplay may have been worse, but the options and overall usability of the interfaces and systems were 1000 times better.
>>
File: 1493434369020.png (116KB, 402x398px) Image search: [Google]
1493434369020.png
116KB, 402x398px
>>382918826
>tfw no Deangelo Williams in WWE 2k18

Maybe next year when he jumps ship
>>
It'll be rubbish. I stopped buying them around SmackdownVsRaw, and any time I try to get into the new ones I just see how far they've fallen even from those entries.
>>
>>382925614
They didn't do it because the reversals were too hard, they did it because they were too fucking easy. If you play on legendary and turn the reversal windows down in the old games, within 5-10 matches you'll be fully acclimated to it and you can beat just about anyone. They added the limit because online matches were just reversal spam constantly. I personally think they should have come up with a new kind of system, or re-balance moves vs reversals rather than just adding a system so whoever happens to have most reversals gets an upper hand and dominates any time the momentum shifts.
>>
>>382926357
>turn it more into a dating sim, with kayfabe politics with other wrestlers to build alliances, get managers etc.
this is all i fucking want. they had this in SYM and HCTP, you had relation ships with people and if they were good enough you could tag with them or feud with them. It was dynamic and you had a "standing" with everyone on the roster. That's all I fucking want. Some replayability and story in career mode. I'd prefer a fucking Season mode though, where you can use current wrestlers without having to copy them into a caw slot and rise through NXT as a rookie.
>>
The only way I'll buy 2k18 is if they have better commentery.
>>
>>382926646
>Also, give us back custom music support. I don't know what things have been like after 2k13 but the built in option wasn't there in 2k17 and it fucking sucked a lot of the fun out of custom wrestlers.
That's gone because the xbone and PS4 couldn't support .mp3 playback like 360 and ps3 could, so there was no way to actually use custom files. I know PS4 got mp3 playback in a firmware update, not sure about xbone, but I wouldn't expect it back until both of them support it because they aren't going to make something as widely requested as custom themes a PS4 exclusive. Id imagine that'd damage microsoft sales of the game.
>>
>>382927250
They're switching to Cole, Corey Graves and Byron Saxton this year and had them all record in the same room, so it'll at least be different
>>
>>382926646
>So far, I have yet to see them outdo 2k13. Sure, actual gameplay may have been worse, but the options and overall usability of the interfaces and systems were 1000 times better.
2k14 is wwe 13 with a bigger roster and less bugs my man. if you want more wwe 13 get wwe 14. it's pretty widely regarded as the best of the later 360/ps3 games.
>>
File: ezgif-1-ffdbf4ca49.gif (3MB, 390x400px) Image search: [Google]
ezgif-1-ffdbf4ca49.gif
3MB, 390x400px
Is there a story mode in any of the 2k games? I haven't played a wwe game since smackdown vs raw on the ds. I liked the story on it.
>>
>>382927482
>Cole
>Saxton
>not facefuck phillips and Mauro "Mamma Mia" Ronaldo
they fucked up
>>
File: 1430241643224.webm (322KB, 400x420px) Image search: [Google]
1430241643224.webm
322KB, 400x420px
>>382922574
kek
>>
>>382918826
>Kurt Angle on the cover in the current year

their inability to make new stars is why wrestling is dead
>>
>>382927250
That's one of the things in the article that they're harping on the most. They got rid of Lawler and they recorded Corey Graves, Byron Saxton and Michael cole together in the booth rather than separately. They also recorded 1 on 1 pairings of the combinations of the 3. They said their NBA games are lauded and loved for their dynamic and responsive commentary, so they're using that system (of both programming, recording and direction to the VAs) for the WWE games now, as opposed to giving each of the commentators a script to recite separately and stitching them together in unnatural dialogue like the previous games.
>>
>>382927661
Probably weren't going to have Mauro after the debacle with Jibble this year and Big Cock Phillips likely isn't seen as important enough for the game
>>
>>382927783
Seth is on the cover
>>
>>382927783
That's not the real cover you fucking dunce
>>
>>382927783
it's fan made faggot. seth rollins is the actual cover. angle is the pre-order bonus.

angle would have sold more copies
>>
>>382927661
They'll almost certainly have Mauro in for one of the next games. WWE would never pass up having the dude who called the McGregor Mayweather fight in one of their games.
>>
Last time I played a WWE game Kurt Angle was in his early 30s wrestling Brock Lesnar and shit
>>
>>382918826
God fucking forbid they do Story Modes again

Literally the only thing keeping me from trying the series again.
>>
>>382927641
so no story mode?
>>
File: 1423033102857.jpg (153KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1423033102857.jpg
153KB, 500x333px
>>382925123
It's only early access for the online shit, which I don't give a shit about. Wrestling games are awful online. I just want to edit rosters and have 6 star matches.

Also,
>confirmed workshop support
>>
File: Ultimo_Dragon_bio.jpg (44KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Ultimo_Dragon_bio.jpg
44KB, 900x506px
Favorite jobbers that will never make it in
>>
>>382929306
and now he's 48 and will probably wrestle brock lesnar again at some point
>>
>>382930161
they have career and showcase modes, career you make a guy and rise through wwe as a rookie, showcase is recreations of famous matches/feuds/storylines
neither are really that good
>>
Yeah no. After the absolute train wreck that was 2K17 and how they actually made it worse than both 16 and 15 I'm not touching another game from them unless it runs as smooth as butter, is loaded with so much shit that a season pass would feel like bloat, and CaW is so versatile it makes previous versions look like indie pixelshit.

In other words, it's never going to happen.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.