[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nemesis system

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

Why has no other game than Shadow of Mordor used its Nemesis system yet? It's by far the most brilliant thing from that game.
Imagine an Arkham-style superhero game where random thugs gradually become supervillains and gaining powers/tech after successful robberies. How cool would that be?
It's been almost 3 years and still nothing, not even from a random indie dev.
>>
>Why has no other game than Shadow of Mordor used its Nemesis system yet?
Laziness i'm guessing. It'll probably pop up eventually in some other game.
>>
>>382907948
using the nemesis system in such a copy paste way would be dull as fuck and creatively bankrupt

What you're really hurting for is an RPG that levels and tracks every actor in the game as they fight and interact with eachother inside an open world.
>>
>>382907948
after a few hours of messing with the orc hierarchy you realize how it's completely pointless since it only gives you slightly better "gear" while you are already fucking invincible at that time.
it's cool, but repetitive and pointless rather quickly
>>
>>382907948
Because when used as the gimmick / selling point its worth it. Outside of that it takes far to much time and effort to implement so they just don't implement it.
>>
>>382907948
>Why developers keep making the same shit over and over again!
>Why dont developers copy stuff from other games into their games!
baka...
>>
>>382907948
>>382908286
well my friend for that purpose
i present to you..

MOUNT & BLADE: WARBAND! A turkish masterpiece of a game. made in 2010.
>>
>>382908685
Well, I'm mostly surprised they haven't copied that system over and over again yet. After 2-3 other games that used it I'm sure I would get sick of it, but right now there's nothing.
>>
>>382908698
see, its already been copied. OP is dumb
>>
>>382909019
Bad OP Bad. Go to the corner and think about what you just said.
>>
File: 0100111001110.png (37KB, 135x172px) Image search: [Google]
0100111001110.png
37KB, 135x172px
>>382910304
Bad tripfag, go fuck yourself and never post again with a tripcode faggot unless it's relevant to the thread.
>>
why can't we just make them our boyfriends
>>
>>382912284
Because that's gay.
>>
>>382912356
i just want my orc harem
waifufags get harem anime why can't i have this :(
>>
this game was so fucking boring and devoid of content, it blows my fucking mind people shill this "nemesis system" like it even fucking matters to the abysmally shit shallow gameplay or anything period

every single fucking game made on such a huge brand name, like lord of the rings or star wars, is total fucking garbage because they know they can do the bare fucking minimum and fucking faggot fanboys will fetch the cum out of their assholes for it
>>
>>382907948
I bet it's copyrighted and no one else CAN use it.
>>
>>382907948
>Imagine an Arkham-style superhero game where random thugs gradually become supervillains and gaining powers/tech after successful robberies. How cool would that be?

Are you fucking stupid? That soundsfucking retarded.

Kill yourself, seriously.
>>
>>382908685
Borrowing creatively isn't copying and it's how games progress. Take an idea, modify it, implement it. Rinse and repeat.

Literally why OoT is revered to this day.
>>
>>382912552
Brand them and make them your bitch. Closest you're going to get.
>>
>>382912572
>Doesn't even say anything wrong with the game while complaining about it

>>382910304
Bad Tripfag Bad. Go back to anon-status and think about what you just did
>>
>>382908286
>tracks every actor in the game as they fight and interact with eachother inside an open world.
Its just random bullshit, from a programmers standpoint you don't need to do that shit, just randomly assign who win or loses from a pair of enemies and assign proper phrases before you fight certain enemies based on how many encounters you had with it.
Its an illusion, like the fear ai.
>>
>>382912732
>that sounds fucking retarded

As compared to what? How could you not like something like that? What do you want just to fight the same stupid fuckers over again?

It baffles me how people can read good ideas and then get so triggered. Are you just so insecure that if you didn't come up with it it'll be bad?
>>
File: IMG_8006.jpg (62KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8006.jpg
62KB, 540x405px
>tfw no kill la kill mod where you play as Ryuko and take down the club leaders
I'm sad
>>
>>382908286
Hardly a new thing. Space Rangers did it by playing itself as every single NPC in the universe.
>>
>>382907948
The Nemesis system was completely pointless and barely noticeable, because it was nigh impossible to die in that game.
But when you, or more likely the other players online, managed to die, that's where a far better system this game had came into play - the Vendetta system.
Basically, when someone died in their game, you had a chance to try and avenge them by killing the enemy that killed them. Now that was a good idea. I really like that kind of indirect online interaction. Imagine if in BB the enemies that picked up blood echoes got buffed, and you could encounter enemies that had someone else's echoes and help another player get their echoes back.
>>
>>382907948
It was poorly done. Not only did shit not advance in the game until you died or moved zones, but all people gained were immunities. They recycled voice lines, they recycled ways people died.
>>
File: 1496347044311.jpg (88KB, 431x446px) Image search: [Google]
1496347044311.jpg
88KB, 431x446px
>>382907948
>Imagine an Arkham-style superhero game
You mean Shadow of Mordor? We don't need another hero game, and I won't buy a hero game that has yucky brown and black people in it.
>>
>>382914352
>the Vendetta system
I wish more games tried to do unique shit with online features that didn't go full retard like always online in a single player game. Of recent years the only two I can think of that weren't just general multiplayer are this, and Dragon's Dogma Pawns.
>>
>>382908286

>dull as fuck and creatively bankrupt

I'm sorry but are we still talking about the series that was conceived when an executive said "DUDE WHAT IF ASSASSIN'S CREED HAD BATMAN COMBAT EVERYONE WOULD BUY IT"?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.