[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is your least favorite Souls boss, /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Four_kings.jpg (40KB, 538x479px) Image search: [Google]
Four_kings.jpg
40KB, 538x479px
Who is your least favorite Souls boss, /v/?
>>
Any of the ones with bloated health or a ridiculous amount of delayed animations. Basically everything from 2 and 3.
>>
More than half of the main game bosses in 2 were absolute trash. I could write a whole post for each one but I'm sure that's already been done 1000 times here.
>>
>>382886052
bed of chaos.
>>
Most of 1 and 2 were trash

Capra Demon in particular was so offensively low effortand poorly designed that it made me angry
>>
>>382887446
That was more about the scene than the boss itself, you need to dispose of the dogs and the demon in a tiny enclosed area, I liked it. Its not a real boss enemy, but it is a boss fight.
>>
>>382886052
Only stuff that you can't really count as bosses, like Royal Rat Vanguard and Prowling Magus. Others like Dragon God, Bed of Chaos and Ancient Wyvern were disappointing when I first played them, but not offensively bad.
>>
>>382886052
your pic related
>implying it's not literally every Souls player's least favorite (read: most hated) "boss"
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (123KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
123KB, 1280x720px
I will never understand why people had issues with Four Kings or why they dislike it so much.
I can understand not loving it, but beyond that the fight is pretty alright.
Inb4
>dps race
And the bed of chaos is a mobility minigame, yes, they all had a shitty themathic when it came to end-of-the-line boss fights.

Anyways. My least favourite? Probably the Leechmonger.
Seriously how does this even count as a boss fight?
This shit is the laziest design in the history of designs.
>>
DS1 - Gwyndolin
DS2 - Smelter Demon
DS3 - Oceiros
>>
>>382886052
He looks stupid and edgy, give him a hat or a doctor mask.
>>
>>382888681

I love its aesthetic and VoD in general but it and Dirty Colossus are boring as shit. At least the archdemons were designed for gimmicks from the beginning, Leechmonger has nothing going for it except a unique status effect and some genuinely awful hitboxes and animations.
>>
>>382890184

DeS really had bad quality textures, but the rest of the areas managed to be stylized enough. For some reason when it comes to anything themed after the VoD, From Soft goes nuts and manages to make everything look like a clusterfuck.
I mean I enjoy that aesthetic as well, but the valley looks 200% more pixelated than anything else in the game, the colossus and the leechmonger are just an extremely low quality texture kinda there, and really, they somehow managed to apply the exact same treatment to the following installments of the same "archetype" area in the following games. All game some awful gimmick boss, FPS drops through your butt and terribly unfun layouts.
>>
>>382890402
>all game

All have.
>>
>>382888146
Its not mine. Its not my favorite by a long shot, (although I do like it thematically) but I don't hate it like everyone else seems to. Their attacks are fun to dodge because they cover such a wide area and yet are still stupidly easy to roll through or just strafe around. The only stupid part about them is their grab attack is quite literally impossible to dodge if you are in their face for melee, but it doesn't do that much damage anyway.

I beat them yesterday on ng+ at the earliest possible time (before gargoyles, even) on my incredibly shitty faith build. A combination of Wrath of the Gods, Great Lighting Spear, and Sunlight Spear only got halfway into the third king's health bar and from there I just finished it with my crescent axe. It took me a couple tries but its nothing to get all autistic over like most people do.
>>
>>382886052
Looks BADASS
>>
>>382888681

Guy who makes the 4 kings /v/ threads is a Russian sperg. He posts a lot of tumblr fanart and stuff that's positive/negative and he's easy to spot.
>>
>>382890640
its just a dps race you idiot. How could you have such awful taste?
>>
>>382891109
It still sets a great mood since the arena makes it really difficult to properly estimate distance, and the music along with the fact that it's a dps race makes it pretty fucking spooky. It's intense, and I find it pretty fun.
also I'm a professional edgelord so I really like the design
>>
>>382891502

So you hated... challenge?
>>
>>382886052
Wait, they have legs?
>>
>>382887435

This, never ran into a more frustrating boss.
Even if you get the trick, the camera can fuck you up.
Four Kings was just a poise+DPS check.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.