[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rising Storm 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

File: CRAWLING.png (710KB, 1619x925px) Image search: [Google]
CRAWLING.png
710KB, 1619x925px
What happened?
>>
One game has map variety and complexity, the other one doesn't

still suprised how RS2 is losing players, but fuck tripwire anyway, deserved

It's amazingly ironic how the squad falseflagging backfired now tho
>>
Few maps, people only play the same three because the maps are terribly unbalanced, performance issues out of the wazoo, bugs and way more.

I really wanted to like the game and keep playing it, but it felt like swimming against the current. Had my fun with it but until tripwire throw cash at the devs so we they can fix the game and develop new stuff. The game came out 6 months too early at least.

Fuck Tripwire.
>>
few maps
that's ok when more come out ppl will play again. the games are more enjoyable now that non-red orchestra regulars are gone.

Why do you autists shit on games that have lower pop levels as if theyre bad games??? It's not like battleborn where u cant get a game. In rising storm theres always like 8 or 9 full 64 player servers
>>
>>382888134

>squad
>complex

Game is literally babby's first mil sim and is worse than arma. Also I can just play project reality for free.

Terrible performance and no multi-core support.

>no helicopters
>no tanks
>no planes
>awkward player movement
>>
File: header.jpg (109KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
109KB, 460x215px
>>382886039
"Please just buy squad"
I miss those fucking replies, they shitted on the squadfags that would instantly spam in the shitty rising storm threads. always made me kek
>>
>>382888862
This. Games like these always dedicated communities for years to come.
>>
>another blatant flame bait thread
Will it 404?
>>
>>382886039
flavor of the month.
deserved to fail.

meanwhile, PUBG is a huge success where the player had only increased despite how much /v/ meme it as flavor of the month

don't trust me?
read the thread.
then look back at PUBG,
>early access
>limited weapon
>ONE map
but the players are still increasing
>>
>>382889130
>twitchbait games are popular
holy shit..................
>>
Please buy Rising Storm 2
>>
Good thing about dedicated servers is that even with Battleborn numbers you would always find a game.
>>
File: 1499031013905.jpg (82KB, 259x350px) Image search: [Google]
1499031013905.jpg
82KB, 259x350px
>>382889130
>Having to shill a popular meme game
>>
File: siege.jpg (105KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
siege.jpg
105KB, 800x800px
>>382886039
an actual good game is dominating the market
>>
>>382886039
both games numbers are pathetic lol
>>
>>382889837
>tfw enjoying both
>>
>>382886039
Obviously Rising Storm 2 got quite a lot of players on release, because it's the ONLY Vietnam game out at the moment. Tripwire having the monopoly of the genre, and having advertised their game at various events or online for quite some time now, naturally lead to a lot of players. But there was a problem...

When people actually played the game for a few hours, they realized that it was EXTREMELY repetitive and DESPERATELY lacked content. So they played it for a bit, and got bored. Fair enough, since Tripwire rushed released before the E3 (so it doesn't get lost in hundreds of other news) and most importantly, since Tripwire hired Antimatter Studios (known for Evolve and Rising Storm 1) to make their game, which was a CATASTROPHIC choice.

Anyways, they got what they deserved. The game should have been released as a free mod, and nothing else. You guys got scammed really hard, especially when official "early-access" games have way, way, WAY more content than Rising Storm 2.

I bought Squad recently, since it was on sale. And, to be honest, it's quite an amazing game. I won't describe it here, since most kids will hate me for liking a game that is too hard for them, but you can watch videos and see the weekly updates on their website (unlike Tripwire).

Hopefully, people won't fall for the Rising Storm 2 scam anymore.

P.S: I played Red Orchestra Ostfront 41-45, which is a game you probably never heard of before... but it was Tripwire's first game, and it was AMAZING. Too bad that they started fucking up things with Red Orchestra 2 and Rising Storm. And now Rising Storm 2.

Greed destroys game quality.
>>
>>382890382
>Evolve
When will this meme end? They only did some assets, no relation to gameplay mechanics. Also RO:Ost was beaten by a fucking western front submod, pathetic. Tripwire drone, fuck off.
>>
File: FallujahConcept_01.png (877KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FallujahConcept_01.png
877KB, 1920x1080px
>>382889002

>Game is literally babby's first mil sim and is worse than arma
It's milsim without all the tedious bullshit of finding a clan, keeping your mods up to date and then spending 4 hours in a mission screen before the two hour event starts which your group plays on one day each week.

Meanwhile, you start Squad, join a server, join a squad, and you have an experience that you will NEVER find on a public Arma server.

I don't have time anymore for the Arma milsim group bullshit, Squad is the best mix of realism, accessability and respect for my time I can find in a tactical shooter.

>Also I can just play project reality for free
You literally can't, dead game
squad
>40$ game
>1400 players playing at 14:09 in central europe on a tuesday
Project Reality
>free
>170 players playing at 14:09 in central europe on a tuesday

Really makes you think huh?

>no helicopters
>no tanks
these are in development
>planes
planes don't fit on the maps Squad has.

>awkward player movement
feels like a normal shooter.
Ironic that you named Arma, which STILL uses the mousewheel for environment interaction
>>
>>382891047

I second this.

Nailed it.
>>
>>382889006
I remember people shilling squad all the time in insurgency servers
>>
>>382889002
>no helicopters
>no tanks
>no planes
thank god

>awkward player movement
next update will fix that
>>
>>382886039
Lack of content

>>382889002
This
>>
File: towRender7.jpg (1MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
towRender7.jpg
1MB, 2000x1500px
I can't wait to roleplay as Abu Hamza https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0nvprmbExQ&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>382888862
>games are more enjoyable now that non-red orchestra regulars are gone.

Played for the first time in a week or two yesterday. Lost An Lao as the VC because the four most populated squads had their spawn tunnels next to Charlie and nobody thought it necessary to stop the US push on Bravo. Maybe I'll try again in a few weeks.
>>
>>382886039
Two different games, both shit on a lot of aspects but good on some others, lost or gained players for various reasons.
>>
>>382886039
shit maps, lot of cheater and nothing done about it, it's also a shit game
>>
>>382891047

Only truths.
>>
>buying a TripWire game on release
LOL
>>
>>382886039
Newfags left, now it's mostly the same old people again.
>>
>>382886039
discount
>>
How is Stalingrad n RS 1?
>>
>>382886039
>UE3 in Allah's year 2017
>>
It's not csgo, overwatch or dota 2 so it's doomed to die.
>>
>>382891047
>You literally can't, dead game

It is 9 am EST and Hog is full. I agree with most of the rest you had to say though.
>>
>>382894470
Don't get my wrong, I like PR, but the playercount is what I'd consider lifesupport.
As long you are in europe or the us you can find full servers during prime time, but those are often full an as I said, outside those times you need to join a server outside your region.

Nothing beats the sheer faction and map variety of PR, but with the brits in development and an 11th map coming soon Squad is on a good track.
>>
File: Steam_2017-07-05_15-26-26.png (12KB, 420x113px) Image search: [Google]
Steam_2017-07-05_15-26-26.png
12KB, 420x113px
>>382889837
You're right about that.
>>
File: 1435286815087.gif (346KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
1435286815087.gif
346KB, 250x200px
>>382886039
>Unreal Engine 3 build 100 / March 2004; 13 years ago

They didn't bioshock infinite this shit its literally the 2004 build. The game is clunky as fuck and looks like shit.
>>
Please remind me to play Squad again when

1. Movement and weapon switching isn't clunky.
2. FOBs actually require supplies.
3. FOBs can be destroyed with heavy explosives.
4. Engineer or Breacher added.
5. Realistic vehicle damage model implemented.
6. Rally points are gimped.
>>
RS2 never set out to be a hit game it's a classic style PC multiplayer game that doesn't ride any new trends or force esport shit down your throat, for better or for worse.
>>
>>382895440
ouch
>>
>>382886039
Squad is fun but needs more work. The devs are expanding their studio and adding new shit though so thats good. I own the game but best time to play Squad is free weekends
>>
File: IMG_1054.png (663KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1054.png
663KB, 640x640px
>>382898085
>best time to play is free weekend

nigga the whole gameplay falls apart with so many newbies, literally no fobs/resupplies/rallypoints
>>
>>382897740
>that hit detection
>20 tick servers
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.