[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A buddy of mine told me to check out the Resident Evil games.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 1483171310621.jpg (119KB, 1000x581px) Image search: [Google]
1483171310621.jpg
119KB, 1000x581px
A buddy of mine told me to check out the Resident Evil games. Where should I start?
>>
release order
>>
So what your saying it
You need the quick rundown?
>>
Release order and skip a game if you at any point find it boring then come back to it after the cycle
>>
check my 5 instead
>>
>>382881747
Sure sure, but before I tell you, I need the full rundown
>>
>>382882159
>>382881847
>Rothschilds bow to Bogdanoffs
>In contact with aliens
>Possess psychic-like abilities
>Control france with an iron but fair fist
>Own castles & banks globally
>Direct descendants of the ancient royal blood line
>Will bankroll the first cities on Mars (Bogdangrad will be be the first city)
>Own 99% of DNA editing research facilities on Earth
>First designer babies will in all likelihood be Bogdanoff babies
>both brothers said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in Tibetan monasteries & Area 51
>Ancient Indian scriptures tell of two angels who will descend upon Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
>They own Nanobot R&D labs around the world
>You likely have Bogdabots inside you right now
>The Bogdanoffs are in regular communication with the Archangels Michael and Gabriel, forwarding the word of God to the Orthodox Church. Who do you think set up the meeting between the pope & the Orthodox high command (First meeting between the two organisations in over 1000 years) and arranged the Orthodox leader’s first trip to Antarctica in history literally a few days later to the Bogdanoff bunker in Wilkes land?
>>
>>382882159
>>382881847
>>382882259
>They learned fluent French in under a week
>Bogdanoffs replace the fabric of the cosmos with high-energy Boggs Hison particles
>they break the maximum entropy state, giving birth to the Big Bog
>universe is separated into 7 layers of information
>we only have access to the first layer, and have only heard about 4
>first dinosaur bones were found by the Bogdanoffs
>managed to build the first quantum computer, which they sold to only a handful of trusted members of the Bogda Council
>they travel through the nonlinear arrow of time to clean the layers from time to time
>in control of butterfly effect and string theory
>able to open and close the tectonic plates at any time
>kickstarted Project Manhattan
>own almost all the satellites that circle Earth
>host intelligence olympics every century. Albert Einstein was the last competitor and was never seen again
>scientists from all corners of the world warn against the unpredictable nature of the Bogline
>they decide which stars evolve into super novas to keep the galaxy balanced
>maintain the Van Allen radiation bog to keep us safe from solar flares
>there is a light illusion on Mount Rushmore hiding the faces of the Bogdanoffs
>the ancient chinese were the first to find evidence pointing to the brothers
>the research bases in Antarctica lead to the secret Bogpill factory
>rumor says that the Bogdanoffs instantly learned the entire wikipedia after accidentally connecting a neuron ending to the internet
>they were the ones to activate Yellowstone Volcano
>prophet Baba Bogda wrote "The Great Bogulation", where the Bogdanoffs themselves descend Earth to pick the chosen ones
>the Illuminati conspiracy cards predicted all the events caused by the Bogdanoffs to this day
-Nation states entrust their gold reserves with the twins. There’s no gold in Ft. Knox, only Ft. Bogdanoff
>>
>>382881847
>>382882159
>>382882259
>>382882316
>The twins are about 7 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
>In reality, they are timeless beings existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don’t know their ultimate plans yet. We hope they’re benevolent beings
>own castles and banks all over the world
>own several nuclear plants
>scientists pointed a telescopic array at the source of the 'bog bang' that created our universe this is what they heard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46kAzBMJpEk
>kept the electric car down for decades so they could release their own car based on string theory to the market, currently at war with Elon Musk because of this.
>sabotaged his spacex rocket because they will fund the first (the first official one - they've already been to mars many times) manned flight to mars in their own initiative in a few years
>the big red phone in the Kremlin is a direct line to the Bogdanoff manor
>the last person who missed a call was Mikhail Gorbachov. He resigned and fled the country in fear and the Bogdanoffs destroyed the Soviet Union in a fit of rage
>said to be violent and intimidating in private
>>
>>382881747
REmake, then you can check out the classics and RE4.

If you enjoy 4's Mercs mode, then definitely play RE5 (Gold Edition) and RE6. If you're a CoD guy, you might check out Umbrella Corps - it's actually not terrible.

Umbrella Corps and The Darkside Chronicles are light gun games, best played after RE1, 2, 3, CV, Zero, and 4.

If you like the first two RE movies or this trailer, I recommend Operation Raccoon City.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar-qKACbnkg
>>
>>382882794
*The Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles

There are also the Outbreak games, Dead Aim, Gaiden. All of these can be played after RE1 - CV.

The Mercenaries 3D (if you own a 3DS) is a great stand-alone Mercs experience. Best played after 4 and 5's Mercs modes.

The Revelations games take place between the later main titles; the first one between 4 and 5, and the second between 5 and 6.
>>
>>382882794
>ORC over 7

But ORC is terrible and so are 5 and 6. Fucking forced coop.
>>
>>382883902
I only recommended 5 and 6 for their Mercs, and I never mentioned VII.
>>
>>382881747
Quick rundown on how to get into RE, non-casual version
>Download a good emulator of PS1, like retroarch for example, set it up so that it both looks good and doesn't glitch out the ass
>Then you play RE1, RE2, RE3, all are on PS1 - all are fucking amazing after you get used to the tank controls which should both take you around an hour of fucking around
>Then you can play the PC version of RE4 with a good gamepad (like the X360 one for instance) and later on replay it on the Wii, have your mind blown at how fucking great the game is
>After that, you play REmake and have your mind blown for the second time

Congratulations, you're now done with the basic Resident Evil. You can now check out other games in the series at your leisure. Really good ones like Code Veronica and Zero, shit ones like Revelations and 6, and mediocre ones like pretty much anything else that you haven't played by that point. Being familiar with tank controls will also allow you to enjoy both Dino Crisis games which are arguably better than classic RE.
>>
>>382884476
Fuck off, you passive-aggressive autist.
>>
Go for the original, it still holds up really well. If you like the game play 2 and Nemesis. If you still want more classic RE try Code Veronica X or play REmake.
I'm playing RE4 right now for the first time and can see why people like it so much, but it's more of an action game with a horror setting than survival. There are plenty of QTEs though (including instant death bullshit).
>>
>>382882115
Nice
>>
>>382884565
>autist
I'm not the one getting triggered at an online post, anon. I just want to make sure OP enjoys himself and doesn't become a retard who spouts nonsense about tank controls on here.
>>
>>382884658
>triggered
Go back.
>>
>>382884746
You should definitely go back to sleep and stop fucking up the thread, I agree.
>>
>>382884808
Wow, so clever and cool.
>>
>>382884910
It doesn't take much to appear more clever than a guy who goes apeshit after someone mentions that spending an hour on tank controls makes you learn them.

Or whatever else in my post that made you sperg out.
>>
>>382885075
It was "non-casual version". As if what had already been posted was casual.
>>
>>382885275
I've said non-casual preemptively because I've had conversations with shitfucktons of people who never gave the classic games a chance (and probably never will) because they think they have the amazing, objective and all-encompassing argument that "tank controls are clunky", which is bullshit.

No idea why you'd see "non-casual" and automatically assume that I think that everyone else in the thread is retarded.
>>
>>382885543
>preemptively
Well shit. My mistake. The complaints about tank controls annoy me as well.
>>
>>382881747
Release order.
With RE1, you can choose between the numerous re-releases of the OG, or the superb REmake, which I would recommend for rookies.

For 2-3, just emulate the originals.
4 and up are on Steam, though I'd stop at RE4.
>>
Play 1,2,3,4

that's it nothing else.
>>
File: 1484672408407.jpg (215KB, 645x709px) Image search: [Google]
1484672408407.jpg
215KB, 645x709px
>>382882259
>>382882316
>>382882390
>>
>>382881747
Biohazard : Gun Survivor
Resident Evil : Gun Survivor
>>
>>382881747

Play both characters and both scenarios for each, then stop and don't play any other games in the franchise.

Congratulations, you've just experienced the best that Resident Evil has to offer.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.