[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will this game be any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: miriam.jpg (94KB, 483x775px) Image search: [Google]
miriam.jpg
94KB, 483x775px
Will this game be any good?
>>
mmmmmm......no
>>
Demo was great, so i'm going to say yes, if you like Metroidvanias
>>
>>382878592
The demo's show that it is just another Iga-vania so if you were looking forward to that than I would guess that you won't be disappointed.
If not than why were you interested in the project in the first place?
>>
No.
>>
>>382881219
>Iga-vania

Please, please stop using this word.
>>
>>382878592
Really wish they would've made this game through arc systems instead of unreal. This game really looks like shit and is visually unappealing. Combat looks floaty as shit and not visceral like older vania games. It will be mediocre at best but people here will shill it because the og creator of the franchise is working on it.

Kickstart a game? Use unreal engine! When will this meme end.
>>
>>382881530
What else would I say for a Castlevania game styled like SotN, Dawn of Sorrow, OoE, PoR, HoD, AoS, and CotM? All games made in a specific style produced by Igarashi and his team.
>>
>>382881638
Only people who know how to use Arc systems is Arc System Works.
>>
>silly leg tats of random shit

Fucking why
>>
>>382881897
>What else would I say for a Castlevania game styled like SotN, Dawn of Sorrow, OoE, PoR, HoD, AoS, and CotM?

Metroidvania
Exploration Castlevania
Tansaku Castlevania

"iga-vania" is a stupd word. You can just tell that moron Ben Judd made it up.
>>
>>382882068
Nobody uses those last two and iga-vania is apt due to it actually being produced by the man in question.
I wouldn't be using it for something like Chasm or Ghost song.
>>
>>382881638
>arc systems

Guilty Gear Xrd and Dragonball FighterZ are both made in Unreal by them.
>>
>>382878592
What the fuck is wrong with her hair?
>>
>>382882187
Cool then why does this game look like ass?
>>
>>382882165
>Nobody uses those last two and iga-vania is apt due to it actually being produced by the man in question.

Igavania is a marketing buzzword that Ben Judd made up. It places one man at the center of an entire genre or game series. And Iga is only a fucking PRODUCER. It's just more of the Producer meme.

Iga had nothing to do with Circle of the Moon, which was made by the main Castelvania team, who also did the 64 games. Is Circle of the Moon an "Igavania"?
>>
>>382882321
The same reason Mighty number nine looked like ass.
Inti Creates
At least the team payed someone to monitor Inti Creates lack of enthusiasm this time around though.
>>382882386
I'm not using it to describe the entire Metroidvania sub genre.
I'm using it to describe a specific set of game produced by Igarashi and his team.

I honestly forgot He had nothing to do with CotM. He just retconned it from the continuity for whatever the fuck ever.
>>
>>382882321
Because Unreal is just an engine. The engine doesn't magically make games look good or bad.

The reason Arc System Works is able to get characters looking as good as they do in the style they do, is because of how much meticulous detail work is done in making the models interact with light sources based on the static orientation of the camera.

This effectively means that fighting games are the only viable type of game to use the technique they use: Not only is the camera at a static angle for general gameplay (and they know beforehand every single camera angle that can happen otherwise), but the cast of characters themselves account for basically the entirety of the graphics budget.

For something like Bloodstained to have the same graphical style, you'd have to put in a far greater amount of time (and therefore money) into every character, enemy, boss, etc., causing a rather substantial budget increase. This is on top of the fact that Arc System Works uses a proprietary technique they developed themselves to do this, meaning they have the people who invented it working there (and they use their expertise to make it actually happen). We can realistically believe that Bloodstained's developers don't have this level of expertise.

Choosing to go with the art style they did is much more feasible when you take into account both the budget and the team developing it.
>>
>>382882848
Then just straight up to sprites similar to SoTN. It looks like ass.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.