[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT Total War

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0669.png (76KB, 376x157px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0669.png
76KB, 376x157px
Discussion for Total War. Which ones have you played/are playing? Are you new to the series or a vet? What's your favorite one.
>>
>>382876271
>Which ones have you played/are playing?
Medieval 1
>Are you new to the series or a vet?
Medieval 1
>What's your favorite one.
Medieval 1
>>
Got a desire to play Shogun 2 with Darth Mod.
>>
Playing Medieval 2 and those fucking Timurs are a bitch to deal with.
>>
Rome 1
Medieval 2
Empire

>Rome
>new

Medieval 2 with a mod that brings features from the Kingdoms expansion into the main game plus some new nations, units and mechanics alongside with various tweaks like mods generally have. I played that for days unend.
>>
Been playing it since Medieval 2 released - played Rome, M2 + Kingdoms, Napoleon, Shogun 2 + Fots, Rome 2 and Warhammer.
Rome 2 was absolute shit though and Warhammer lost my interest after a dozen or so hours.
>>
>>382877012
Shogun 2 is great but I never found DM for it that nessicary
>>382877120
They are. Who are you playing?
>>
>>382876271
Shogun 1, Med 2, Rome 1, Shogun 2, Warhammer
been playing since 1 came out, but skipped a fair amount of games
Hard to say, Med 2, Shogun 2, and Warhammer I've all enjoyed greatly

I am cautious about Warham 2 I hope they dont fuck up the combined map. I can see them neutering it though
also I hope we get a post medieval game for the next historical title
>>
File: 1487785349504.png (96KB, 853x640px) Image search: [Google]
1487785349504.png
96KB, 853x640px
>>382876271
Played every single one after Medieval. Currently playing Warhams.

Warhams by far, because I love combat in TW more than any other gameplay aspect.
>>
>>382877547
Been playing on and off since med1
Been playing warhammer a bit but I've been holding off since there's so much shit for it still to come
>>
>>382876271
>played
Medieval 2, rome 1, rome 2, shogun 2, shogun 2 tfots, shogun 2 trots
>playing
none right now, maybe will play them later
>are you new to te series or a vet?
Idk maybe?
>Fav one
medieval 2 cause of third age mod, I fuckin love lotr
>>
>>382877643
I think I heard once that they were only going to remove a of settlements around the most southern portion of the badlands for the combined map, but I don't have a source. Also they have said that the next historical game will be a setting they haven't done yet so there's that
>>382877651
I am a little disappointed that they simplified the campaign map but otherwise I agree.
>>
Best total war game and only one I've played is spartan total warrior
>>
>>382878501
god damn it anon, nice one
>>
Warhammer Total War made me finally realise I didn't really like Total War games.
>>
Warhammer is so frustrating.
>>
>Which ones have you played?
Rome 1, Medieval 2, Shogun 2, Napoleon, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer
>playing
Warhammer, Attila (Charlemagne)
Medieval 2 vet
Medieval 2, Attila/Charlemagne and WH
>>
>>382876271

>There is an alternate reality where Electronic Arts kept Creative Assembly and ran the game series into the ground.

Guess we got lucky.
>>
>>382880191
>Warhammer is so frustrating.
Why? Due to the public unrest mechanic? Just play on normal or install a mod that removes public order deterioration scaling with difficulty level and you can play on the hardest difficulty without having to quell uprisings every third turn.
>>
>>382878501
It really is a damn good game.
>>
The only total war games I haven't played were Empire and Napoleon despite owning them. Every other Total War game series generally just has you starting out with maybe one or two provinces and so and you work to expand upon it. Napoleon and Empire has you starting across multiple provinces on 3 different maps at the same time and I wasn't ready for that.
>>
>>382876271
Rome
Med 2
Empire
Shogun 2
Attila
Warhammer

Currently playing WH, Attila and Shogun 2. Planning to play some Med 2 soon
> Are you new to the series or a vet?
I started with Rome

What's your favorite one.
Hard to say.
Med 2, Empire and Attila, probably.

Empire gets a lot of shit, but is still one of my favourites. No other game gives the feeling of really conquering the world and purging weaklings with your superior tactics and technology.
I used to really like Shogun 2/FotS, but holy shit, I can't barely stand them now. I think they have the worst diplomacy and the most stupid balance of all games.
>>
>>382877120
Their horse archers and heavy cav are unreal. I get their supposed to be a challenge but but fuck me, how can you deal with armies of heavy cav that have 50 men that never break, and horse archers that might as well have machine guns.
>>
>>382882053
Empire does take some getting used to, but I had the most fun with it once i got used to it. You might think 'I already own land in America' but it's so undeveloped, you have pirates and Indians and t
Other Europeans vying for it, and you've got to balance your needs back home. It was great fun fighting in America with ragtag mixed militia armies while spending all my money on navies to win trade wars with France and spain
>>
>>382884954
Empire had some neat ideas and I would hope that CA will return to the setting one day
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.