[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LawBreakers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7

File: DD2BDSwXcAAxRWp.png (1MB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DD2BDSwXcAAxRWp.png
1MB, 1200x675px
Why is noone talking about this gayem?
>>
No marketing and most players are trash so they don't like it from the beta and Cliff is a faggot. The game is actually pretty damn good though with the weakest aspect by far being mediocre audio design and the lack of a forced tutorial.
>>
>>382869754
This.
The lack of marketing is not doing this game any favors. But good stuff from what I've played so far.
>>
>>382869502
that normie streamer talking in e3 successfully killed it for me
>>
Waiting for Quake.
>>
>>382869754
>Players are trash
To be fair it's summer so there are a lot of shitty kidders running amok since it's a free open beta. Really enjoyed it so far though, leagues better than OW and I imagine Paladins. Will probably sate my appetite for a good MP shootan.
>>
>>382871203
>nu-id, ZeniMax
Nope.
>>
>>382869502
Played it for half anday then lost interest.
>>
>>382869502
No one cares about edgy overwatch.
>>
>ability based shooter

nah not this shit again
>>
It's alright. Overcharge needs to be reworked, because as it is, it's too similar to Uplink. Also, maps feel incredibly small for some objectives.

Also, Wraith is fucking broken.
>>
File: 1498574179125.jpg (51KB, 500x558px) Image search: [Google]
1498574179125.jpg
51KB, 500x558px
Because it's an ugly combination of Dirty Bomb, Overwatch, and Deus Ex's piss filter.
It looks like shit and feels like a tacked on PVP mode from a scifi MMORPG like Global Agenda or Firefall.
>>
>>382869502
No one wants to play as ugly characters designed for the sake of actually being ugly.
Imagine the ancient Greek artists tell themselves, "You know what I want to sculpt next using my time, talent, and top-grade block of expensive marble? Someone butt-fucking ugly, yeaaaa!". It's fucking insane and stupid.
>>
>>382873390
>I have to play as a good looking character or else the game is bad
Yeah can you fuck off?
>>
There's just better games to play that are doing similar things
>>
>>382873481
>Misunderstanding my post
Please fuck off and kill yourself.
>>
>>382873696
Please tell me what you meant then, retard. There isn't much else you can interpret that as, fucking autist.
>>
>>382873815
>Needing to be spoonfed to have a proper conversation
OMFG are you also like this in real life? I've must be talking to someone who doesn't talk to people regularly.
>>
>>382874019
yeah that's what I thought faggot.
>>
>>382873815
he means they created ugly models for appeal, dumbass
>>
Because it is genuine garbage. Just a terrible Overwatch clone. And Overwatch isn't even good to begin with.
>>
I'm playing Quake Champions and, occasionally, when I can find a pug, UT4 already.
>>
Got bored after an hour, worse than paladins
>>
Cannot wait to watch this trash flop as hard as Battleborn.
>>
What game modes does it have? Is it all a/d garbage?
>>
>>382874146
>he
let's not play any games here you fucking retard, that's you.
>they created ugly models for appeal
What the fuck does this even mean? Ok, let's say the characters are ugly. So fucking what? They're not marketing the characters, they're marketing the gameplay. Fuck off already you Brazilian faggot.
>>
OP Here, just got done playing it for a bit. It's a competent game, I'd just don't know if it's worth $30 if no one is gonna play it 3 months after.
>>
>>382874054
I don't enjoy talking to children who can't even understand what they're being told, sorry
>>
>>382874393
>I got so eternally BTFO I'm going to pretend I have another point
LMAO
>>
>>382874350
No that isn't me. It's always I sign you got btfo when you accuse someone of samefagging KYS.
You should be thankful someone came along who's kind enough to humor you
>>
>>382874178
Overwatch is a hero shooter with Arena shooter mechanics. LawBreakers is Unreal Tournament with classes and a gimmick. Two completely different genres.
>>
>>382874350
>>382874491
LawBreakers isn't trying to be a waifu game. Who gives a shit what the characters look like.
>>
>>382874460
>I didn't get his actual point so I'll just pretend the point I invented because I didn't understand his post at all is the correct one.
You are such a failure.
>>
File: 1480462406001.jpg (30KB, 461x488px) Image search: [Google]
1480462406001.jpg
30KB, 461x488px
>>382874578
Exactly my point, but that autist seriously thinks every game should be a waifu simulator.
>>
File: 1498644842937.jpg (29KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1498644842937.jpg
29KB, 350x350px
>>382869502
because its absolute trash
>>
>>382874652
I honestly think that "team-role-based shooters" rather than "team-equal-start shooters" are gonna kill the FPS genre. You're artificially elongating the content of your game by splitting the mechanics across different classes or characters.
>>
>>382874350
>They're not marketing the characters, they're marketing the gameplay.
>OP pic is literally showcasing two characters and almost nothing about the gameplay
>One of the collector's items is a pack of character cards
That guy was right, you ARE retarded.
>>
>>382874892
You call that marketing? The guys who made this game have no faith in it. Otherwise they would have remortgaged their homes and put the rest in marketing.
>>
>>382874779
You say that but one of the most popular ways to play Quake 3 these days is a class-based team mod.
>>
>>382874892
you are such a fucking faggot I swear. first stop pretending to be other people, it's fucking cringy.
second, you know what I meant, you're just being picky. they focus on marketing the fast paced gameplay, not the waifu simulator you want so desperately. it's true that they have characters from the game on the cover, but so fucking what lmao. how does that detract from my original point? kill yourself already holy shit.
>>
Wraith is literally the only fun class to play. Assassin is like the worse Wraith, and other classes are so unremarkable and unfitting
They're probably trying to appeal to different audiences with each class but even then most of them are just boring
>>
>>382876507
Have you tried Juggernaut?
>>
File: 1464753537639.jpg (18KB, 367x295px) Image search: [Google]
1464753537639.jpg
18KB, 367x295px
>>382876507
>Wraith is literally the only fun class to play
Easy to get 40+ kills in a game with
>>
Is there a singleplayer campaign? Or at least some kind of progression based story mode.
>>
>>382876750
It's only $30 instead of $60. The tutorials are just 3:00 YT videos. This game doesn't hold your hand.
>>
Because it's boring as shit and lacking originality. Expect it going f2p early next year.
>>
>>382876736
He is fun because of his movement mechanics
>>
>>382876880
Yeah that answers his question. You're a bad shill
>>
>>382869502
I donĀ“t play sjw "diverse" games
>>
>>382869502
ugly designs, forced diversity, and godawful photorealism.
>>
Is this shit turtlebeach? This is giving me some massive Evolve vibes
>>
>>382876736
Are you fucking kidding, Gunslinger is way better. He's all my favorite things in one. Wraith will definitely be taking a hard nerf though, so expect your disappointment.
>>
>>382875756
nice leddit easy to spot the with the language in the post subhuman. So did cliffy or nexon pay you the game sucks dick and the characters look like unreal assets and it cant be defended
>>
>>382872297
They actually implemented it really well, you can play the whole game without ever using anything other than the movement skills, which are the bread and butter of the game. You should play it instead of being a faggot.
>>
>>382877494
>>382877589
Okay, what is this about diversity?
Are you saying that if there's a black dude in your game it's pandering?
>>
>>382875756
U mad breh?
>>
>>382877891
no one will be playing by the time wriath gets nerfed
>>
>>382874327
There's CTF, King of the Hill, Blitzball, and CTF which will I hope be modified to not be CTF since CTF is already implemented.
>>
>>382878280
>no one will be playing
could have just stopped there
>>
Who's the one with the annoying machine pistols?
>>
>>382875164
>these days
you just proved his point by displaying the modern FPS players desires
>>
>>382874779
It's a more effective method of delineating roles. Like if you look at Counter Strike there are a handful of roles dedicated in essence to performing certain tasks. It's done by buying certain equipment and playing certain areas of the map. By implementing classes you actually effectively expedite this method, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

It also opens the gate to having different mechanics than you would with a single character shooter. Frankly it'd be awkward as hell to combine the movement mechanics of all the classes in Lawbreakers into one character, a sliding, blinking, flying character would be difficult to master without a doubt, and giving that character any number of weapons would be equally difficult.

Now if you're talking about something like an arena shooter then you're talking out your ass. Look at Toxikk: it's a free to play arena shooter with no outstanding issues and yet it has a small handful of users at any given time globally. I suspect the same can be said for any UT game.
>>
File: goookuuuusan.png (24KB, 121x171px) Image search: [Google]
goookuuuusan.png
24KB, 121x171px
>>382877076
>He is fun because of his movement mechanics
Agreed
>>
>>382879034
What I'm getting at is that while shooters are becoming more in-depth, they are losing accessibility and especially modular design. I didn't need a class system to be good at Halo 2.
>>
>>382879034
counter strike doesnt have hero abilities kiddo
>>
>>382879034
This is 100% absolutely not a shill
>>
>>382869502
It's against the law
>>
>>382869502
It's not made by Valve, Blizzard, or any other studio of a similar calibur, and Nexon is publishing it.

It'll die fast and everyone knows it, so why even bother.
>>
>>382879376
>calibur
>>
File: image.jpg (218KB, 1019x804px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218KB, 1019x804px
i like the game and all but seeing the Nexon logo on start up reminds me of how fast itll die
>>
>>382879265
It has roles which fundamentally press into themselves abilities. Like yeah, you could argue that an AK can easily bang out an AWPer with one shot, but how many times is the guy with the scoped weapon going to bang out the AK wielding cunt from across the map before the AK guy bangs out the AWPist? How many times is the AWPist going to win the close range battle against the guy with the SMG or the AK guy for that matter.

So yeah, there are no flashy abilities, but every time you buy a weapon you buy into an ability and a character skillset.

>>382879187
I guess I'm not very concerned with accessibility, which is kind of a weird way to discredit a game. I could be concerned with modularity, but at the same time I can't think of a game other than TS2 that really comes across as modular. And anyways with the market as full as it is there are plenty of standalone games that could tickle any fancy you have. I just don't see how you can conclude role-shooters as a massive detriment to gaming when many others are alive and well.
>>
>>382879376
Frankly I'm really disappointed with Valve and Blizzard. Valve shit all over TF2, and then Counter Strike. Blizzard shamelessly cloned a lot of TF2 and did it poorly while implementing the same cashcow milking methodology that TF2 and CS:GO have.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.