[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

File: C9rJd7MUwAA4M1g.jpg (99KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C9rJd7MUwAA4M1g.jpg
99KB, 1200x675px
Was he right?
>>
nice link fgt
>>
No, everyone recognizes it as the weak point in the series
>>
>>382864949
I'm not going to watch an hour long video just to hear someone say that he likes Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>382865035
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRTfcMeqhig&t=1s

Just for you, anon.
>>
>>382864949
no, sotfs is the second best in the series and he plays it up to being one of the weaker titles even though he enjoys it
>>
File: Awaken.png (419KB, 1404x1099px) Image search: [Google]
Awaken.png
419KB, 1404x1099px
Bloodborne>DaS=DaSII=DaSIII>DeS

Its just how it is really
>>
>>382865319
>Dark Souls is on the same level as Dark Souls 2 and 3
I like your tastes.
>>
>>382864949

No. The fact that he defends some of the objectively shittiest things about that game makes him wrong.
>>
>>382865372
Its overrated as fuck

I started with Bloodborne then went to the others with DaS and DeS being my last. Both of them are so fucking clunky i wanted to kill myself every second playing them. But they were the first so you kinda have to acknowledge them
>>
>>382864949
Essentially no. One credit I will give him is that he's right when he says the best way to play souls is without a shield. To count his arguments, the healing gems give you way too much leeway in boss fights to fuck up. The whole point of a souls game is to calculated, otherwise you can just bruteforce your way through every boss and not care. The armor enemies are a disappointment because it lacks visual variety, not that the beast were inherently better. Having humanoids, but having them be different shapes or have completely different animations, would be the best of both worlds. Lastly, the problem with the enemies is that their is so many, it's that their placement doesn't indicate they were their for the type of challenge he wants DS 2 to provide. His whole shtick is that multiple enemies is supposed to challenge you in a differnt way then single stronger enemies and 1, which would be a fair point, but all they do with this is either have casters in the back and melee upfront or have small enemies nip at your healers with one big one around, or just a mob. There are far betters ways to reach that tactical gameplay style then doing this, so it comes off as the team adding it just for difficulty sake and not one he says they did it for
>>
>>382864949
DaS2 isn't as bad as people say it is, but it was disappointing. Really pisses me off when people say it's a bad game.
>>
>>382864949
Why is the Souls fanbase so autistic when it comes to ranking the games in the series? Only fanbase that's worse is Elder Scrolls.
>>
Demons Souls is objectively the better game because of the easy soul dupe glitch that adds a ton of replayability for testing out new builds
>>
>>382864949
No. He's plainly a contrarian, the fallout 3 video should tell you that. Dark Souls 2 does some things right, and the DLC is some of the better content in the series, but as a whole it's fairly weak and the base game taken on its own is most assuredly the worst in the series. Also videogame youtubers are not video games so fuck off.
>>
>>382865630
Each game is just the same, but slightly different enough for people to argue which is better. FROM did a terrible job at overall improving each iteration and instead just changed things around each game. This leads to autist arguing which style is better
>>
>>382865630
>not Final Fantasy
>>
>>382864949
>watching hours long videos of autistic droning on

nope not for me
>>
>>382864949
No. He was left.
>>
>>382865506
You didn't note anything a bit above average about DaS level design and mob placement compared to 2? Or the quality of bosses? DaS2's clunkier controls/shit turn radius?

I can't imagine playing DaS1 and thinking its clunkier than 2 and then claiming they're of equal quality. Its nearly objectively false really.
>>
>>382865780
>plainly a contrarian
>his fallout 3 video was correct with every single point
>>
I watched both this and his Yooka Laylee video.
The two reviews have one thing in common: he praises the bad level design, grasping at straws to defend it.

https://youtu.be/P2mGHeCAJOs?t=487 (8:07)

Also, he sounds as if he was whispering but not really which gives me the contrary of what ASMR makes me feel.
>>
>>382866079
>shitting on an 8 year old game that was objectively revolutionary when it was released
Yeah youre right his commentary really offered a unique, enriching perspective...
>>
There were a few points he was right about but after a certain point it stopped being a "defense" and became him praising every design decision the game ever made with any reason he could come up with.
>>
>>382864949
He wasn't, because there's no need to defend the best game in the franchise. As a DS2 fan, I would rather have him not make that video and let the butt-blasted Miyacucki cultists wallow in their own excrement, mad at the fact that DS3 will never outsell DS2.
>>
>>382866767
die
>>
Best opinion coming through
DeS > Bloodborne > DaS > DaS II > DaS III
>>
File: Chosen_undead.png (293KB, 405x540px) Image search: [Google]
Chosen_undead.png
293KB, 405x540px
Going to be playing DaSII: SotFS soon. Recommend me some builds.
>>
Was veselekov right about Dark Souls 3?
>>
>hbomber goes from entertaining vidya analysis to SJW pandering

What a shame.
>>
Way too much negativity from his videos, desu. This isn't productive thinking
>>
>>382864949
Well, he was biased at some point since he tried to justify some of the flaws of the game but he also had some good points overall.I cant say he was right or wrong since he also has brought up some good points.
>>
>>382865319
Is it painful to have taste that shit?
>>
>>382865789
This^.Every DKS game has their ups and down which makes them equally good in the end.I seriously dont know how autistic people have to be to rank them.
>>
>>382866079
That's what is so odd about him. I watched the Fallout 3 video first and really enjoyed it, and thought he made a lot of well reasoned points. But Fuck,every other video is so shit.
>>
>>382864949
DS2 is good because it is good
>>
>>382866019
>You didn't note anything a bit above average about DaS level design and mob placement compared to 2?

There isn't anything about 1's mob placement that's better than 2. Most people who complain about 2's are tards who fail to understand the environments they're in or how the enemies work within them and want the game to hand them a win option as long as they figure out some trick.

DaS1 has the best progression and world exploration overall, but it also has the most ass backwards mechanics in the series. It's stat system sucks and gives you little incentive to be creative, you're so slow you may as well run around in cloth just because better rolls and shields are worth way more than all the armor save Havel's and unhollowing just acts essentially as a multiplayer on/off switch that bonfires just force you to use. Its bosses are also mostly overated, with only a handful being any good, and a few of those (like Quelaag) are wasted as because of the game's non-linearity they're designed so that under-leveled players can have a chance with them..

It's the best overall experience, but perhaps actually the weakest of the whole series mechanics wise.
>>
>soul memory
>Defensible
hello cancer
>>
>>382870573
Adaptability is a dumb stat that you should raise to 30 as soon as possible so your dodges aren't garbage.

At least 10 if you want a challenge.

putting points in HP might actually be a waste as far as I understand.
>>
>>382871202
he's actually an anit-anti-sjew
>>
>>382864949
>Was he right?
No. Giant rambling and borderline incoherent mess of a video that contradicts both itself and previous arguments he's used.

He's a tardlet, but less of a tardlet than someone that continues to watch his massively bloated shit videos.
>>
File: character_header_dante_alt.jpg (40KB, 700x235px) Image search: [Google]
character_header_dante_alt.jpg
40KB, 700x235px
h-bomb is going to be in a video game soon.
>>
>>382874941
he's figured out that he can literally say any stupid shit and his supporters will blindly believe it. he's found his audience and now he's making over 4 grand per video on patreon.
>>
What do you guys think of his Sherlock Holmes video essay? Is Sherlock really that bad?
>>
>>382875230
I couldn't care less because it's not video games.
>>
>>382868717
>DeS first
>DaS3 last

here is your (You)
>>
>>382868717
The truth
>>
>>382864949
He made reasonable points, but he also doesn't seem to understand the point of a lot of things.

>the estus system is stress inducing so it's bad!
It's supposed to induce stress. The souls games are full of things that exist to induce stress. They're borderline horror games.

>The interconnected world design is bad because linear design let's you make better encounters.
True, but the souls games aren't supposed to be just action games, they're dungeon crawlers. A lot of the appeal comes from working out the geography, like the early Zelda games or metroidvanias.

>Warping is good because backtracking is bad.
Wrong. Used well, backtracking means you get to know the world better and can grow more attached to it. It also means that when you do unlock the ability to warp, it feels like an achievement.

I get the feeling he likes traditional action games and doesn't fully get that Dungeon Crawlers are a different genre with a different appeal.
>>
>>382875842
Has he responded to any criticisms of the video? I ain't clicking that shit.
>>
>>382870573
Before putting into anything it's mandatory you put into ADP. Don't use magic on a first playthrough since it takes ages for it to become decent enough to use and try to get the Grand Lance/Greatsword as fast as you can. It's a complete mess because enemies take tons of hits even when not in NG+ and with a maxed out weapon.
>>
>>382876087
Man I fucking love the Grand Lance in DS2, such a fun weapon. Nothing like it in DS3 sadly
>>
>>382876253
It's a shame even maxed out it feels weak as shit. It's 1-2 hit kills for abotu half the starting game characters two handed, but as soon as you start going towards any Lordvessel areas or, God forbid, the DLC areas suddenly everything is a tank out to beat the shit out of you. Four or more hits on a single enemy with it fully maxed out, two handed, and specced into its primary skill is not okay..
>>
>>382868717
t. Matthew
>>
>>382876490
If it was him, DaS and Bloodborne would be switched.
>>
>>382875230
That essay was spot on. Sherlock has been shit for a long time for exactly the same reasons Doctor Who tanked under Moffat's control, but blind fans only noticed the problems in the very final episode.
>>
>>382865319
wrong
Bloodborne>DaS>DeS>DaSIII>>>>>>>>>DaSII
you may put a = between DaS and DeS depending on preferences, some things about boss and world design is more inspired in DeS
>>
>>382876625
t. actual matthew
>>
File: 679f7a27147357dc1c923068fce6180e.jpg (589KB, 1889x957px) Image search: [Google]
679f7a27147357dc1c923068fce6180e.jpg
589KB, 1889x957px
Das 2 isnt good but its better than 3
>>
>>382867739
Eat shit. Oh, wait, you're already playing DS3, ahahaha.
>>
>>382877181
ayyyyy
>>
>>382865319
Bloodborne=DaS>DeS=DaS3>>>DaS2SOTFS
>>
>>382875230
didn't watch but sherlock is fucking awful so i assume he's right
>>
I've noticed hbomb is better at videos describing why something is bad as opposed to defending something unpopular.
>>
>>382877634
Good for you.
>>
I like that DS2 does something in NG+ with enemy placements, while the other games just give enemies more health and damage.
>>
>>382874860
So? Still e-celeb drama bullshit. This ain't the four horsemen vs creationist philosophers or Noam Chomsky vs Thomas Sowell; It's narcissistic pseudo-intellectuals vs immoral moralizers competing for YouTube money. If you've reached the point where you're watching a critique from a low profile youtuber of the criticisms from a low profile youtuber of social critics who have low profile media and political presence, you need to take a break from the internet.
>>
In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:

>No bonfire and no death challenge where you can beat the game without resting at a bonfire or dying to gain a reward and bragging rights

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks

>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again
>>
File: 1498662650493.jpg (246KB, 642x830px) Image search: [Google]
1498662650493.jpg
246KB, 642x830px
>>382864949
hbomb is a liberal communist. While I do like dark souls 2, it's not for the reasons that piece of shit stated and it isn't a good dark souls in comparison to literally every single other one.

If you like hbomb you should kill yourself.
>>
>>382864949
Maybe about everyone making far too big of a deal about there being too many enemies for this game alone and that Matthew kind of sucked at the game. A lot of his other points are pretty bad though and mostly just reaching incredibly hard to spin shit as being good when the game was such a step down from its predecessor.
DaS2 still isn't a bad game though and I'd personally put it above DaS3 because DaS3 is such a shallow experience that just continues shitty series trends, can't choose good mechanics to keep for shit and puts out no effort once it gets the basic obligations out of the way.
>>
>>382880576
>This ain't the four horsemen vs creationist philosophers or Noam Chomsky vs Thomas Sowell
>implying that was any different
>>
>>382881965
only this
>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again

and maybe how did handled NG+ in DaS2 but honestly DeS did this better.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.