[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Fantasy VII Remake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: rsz_ff_vii_remake.png (933KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_ff_vii_remake.png
933KB, 1024x576px
it's never going to come out is it?
>>
>inb4 thread is ruined by MMO faggots
>>
Episode 1 PS5 launch title. Renamed Final Fantasy 7 Chronicles.
>>
File: wheelchair.jpg (24KB, 400x279px) Image search: [Google]
wheelchair.jpg
24KB, 400x279px
>>382857198
probably not until ps5, and it will still be sold in parts.
id be surprised if we hear anything about this game a full year from this post.

does kingdom hearts 3 even have a release year?
>>
>>382857575
summer 2018 the latest i think
>>
How does SE stay afloat with their game development in limbo?
>>
>>382857198
100% moved to PS5, Square keep tech demoing shit on GTX 1080 Ti, it's clear they are not happy with current gen specs
>>
>>382858367
Enix is keeping them afloat with Dragon Quest Builders, Heroes and soon XI. Nier sold pretty well. They also have a shit ton of mobile games that prints them money in Japan since Japan has such awful taste for everything.

Although they lost a ton of money on Tomb Raider and Deus Ex since the last sequels for both flopped real hard. But Deus Ex flopped due to corporate meddling. They forced Eidos to split what was supposed to be 1 games into a trilogy and forced them to add a bunch of micro-transactions.
>>
>>382857198
only if its an MMO
>>
>>382858831
I have to ask myself if I'd play it so I can join Shinra.
>>
File: thatsthejoke.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
thatsthejoke.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>382857198

As someone who unironically wants this game, I have a strong gut feeling this game won't ever actually finish. It'd be a death knell for SquareEnix to fuck this up, episodic or whatever. There's too much hype to sustain it.
>>
I'm still waiting on FF11 on mobile, that was announced ages ago
>>
>>382857198
Question: How are they going to handle the battle against the Weapons?
>>
Let's hope not.
>>
>>382859507

Awfully
>>
>>382862060
I hope they find a way. Nomura knows how to make good boss fights.
>>
>>382859121
I heard it was cancelled.
>>
It's been two years you impatient shit
>>
>>382857272
>not xv fags
>>
>>382857198

If they are doing it correctly then it shouldn't come out until 2019 at the earliest, maybe 2020.

What happened is Sony paid them to be able to announce it at their conference for hype when the project hadn't actually begun proper development yet. SE should have waited to announce it this year and shown off actual work and given details instead of showing a set of clips from an unrelated demo project and not giving any solid info.

It's dangerous though..
>FF7R is potentially the biggest game release to date and will sell an insane amount on name alone.
>A smart company would understand this and put the time and effort required into the project, SE might use this as a chance to simply rush out a half assed project for free money
>SE hasn't made sound decisions for a decade
>SE lost a lot of it's talent
>Remaking a classic game comes with many hurdles in the music, combat, world design, story changes etc
>They showed with Advent Children they understand the source material and can get the music right, but then they showed with FF10HD they can also make massive mistakes and fuck up a soundtrack
>FF15 showed they have trouble developing 3D combat systems
>Various remakes so far have been outsourced from SE to chinese groups
>News of the potential episodic release is especially troubling

Just have to wait and see
>>
>>382863383
>FF15 showed they have trouble developing 3D combat systems
FFXV isn't the only Square game with 3D or real-time combat systems.

Blame that on Hajime "my old hands don't work so good" Tabata. All of his games feature simple controls like that.
>>
>>382857198
FF7 = FF15 version 2.0
Just look at it. Its gonna be same fucking game except instead of muh king, it will be muh jenova.
>>
>>382862214

I can't fathom a way where they won't become tedious QTEs. I hope otherwise, though...
>>
>>382863978
KH has done large-enemy fights a number of times, and they're doing it again with Rock Titan in KHIII.

If those are anything to go by, expect heightened movement abilities that let you scale the Weapon to hit weak points, reflecting attacks with well-timed guards and maybe a special action that renders them vulnerable for a short period.
>>
>>382863719

Just the most recent and probably most relevant considering what they showed us in the """""demo""""". FF13 is what it is and FF12 has a really shitty combat system that tried to copy 11 yet left out all the important bits.

I wouldn't mind a modernized Grandia or Chrono Trigger combat system, hopefully they don't overthink it. The other aspect is world design and how that coincides with the combat system, if you have an open world combat system that doesn't load into another map then every bit of the world has to be designed to fit a battle, might make some areas of the game a bit awkward.
>>
>>382864230

You bring up good arguments. I don't know, perhaps I'm just cynical.
>>
>>382865196
It's always better to look at the team behind the game than the company name on the box.

A lot of people are cynical over FFVIIR because of what happened with FFXV, but the creative team behind VIIR is not only largely different from XV (whether you want to count Nomura as part of XV at this point is your prerogative), but also comprised of veteran devs from the original game.

It's better to look at the histories of Nomura, Kitase and Nojima, among the others at the top of this project, to contextualize the project's likelihood of being X, Y or Z.

Personally, I don't see a reason to be worried about it so far.
Even it being in multiple parts, since it means they'll be adding in extra content, I can't really be upset about it.
>>
>>382865794
Nomura, Kitase and Nojima are all heavily involved in the shitty action gameplay that Square has been trying to make normal, even if they have done some good stuff in the past
>>
File: 1464310660735.jpg (40KB, 680x848px) Image search: [Google]
1464310660735.jpg
40KB, 680x848px
>>382867164
>the shitty action gameplay that Square has been trying to make normal
Such as?
>>
>>382857198
It will, but you'll end up wishing it didn't.
>>
>>382867164
I can see you saying that about Nomura but Kitase and Nojima? A producer and scenario writer are "heavily involved" with the development of gameplay systems? That's fucking retarded.
>>
>>382862302
>>382859121
Grandmasters came out a while ago.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.