[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How'd you guys find your group of friends to play vidya with?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: 1496353497561.jpg (218KB, 1103x841px) Image search: [Google]
1496353497561.jpg
218KB, 1103x841px
How'd you guys find your group of friends to play vidya with?
>>
i second this question with a humble bump
>>
I didn't. I only have online friends I never met. Most of them I got through online matchmaking (Xbox) or gifting them (Steam). I never send friend requests because I fear rejection
>>
>>382848446
fighting game community on /v/
>>
>>382848446
i haven't played a video game with another human in over 3 years.
>>
We all fell for the Korean mmo meme as teens
>>
High school and college
>>
Discord. I helped convert most of the users there to the good word of the fighting game. Its easier to find people online, and you don't have to deal with them when you don't want to unlike real life groups.
>>
>>382848446
I don't have a group of friends I play vidya with.

I have a problem with losing in front of others, so I don't play multiplayer games. I do enjoy getting together in groups and playing single player games and occasionally talking to others about how fun the games we're playing are, but that never happens.
>>
*get told to get X game.
*i get the game
*play with the person that told me to get the game
*the person invites me to a discord group dedicated to people who play that game so we can all get in a team call
* now everyone in there also play with me over calls and eventually become game bros

i dont even try.
>>
>>382848446
Highschool cuz im not autistic
>>
File: 1489220304197s.jpg (5KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1489220304197s.jpg
5KB, 250x187px
I can't seem to find a group for the life of me. The one friend I have hates replaying games, as well. Not sure what to do.
>>
We all met through Miiverse on the Wii u and all realized shit, we all like similar games became friends on steam and set up sessions on Left 4 Dead 2 through Discord all of this just because I was shit posting
>>
>>382848446
I only talk to 1 person and I met her on a mmo forever ago.
>>
File: cs.jpg (71KB, 960x690px) Image search: [Google]
cs.jpg
71KB, 960x690px
>>382848446
Real life, trough school I played tons of CS LAN with my school and hood friends, it just came naturally.
Sad part is that everyone moved on with their life except me and other dude who I started doing drugs and alcohol.
>>
>>382849732
same desu
only person i know irl that's into games is always busy
>>
The real struggle is finding a group to make vidya with
>>
>he isn't roommates with his old highschool friends who all have ps4s and EDF 4.1 with a kick-ass sound system for the edf deploys song

It's like you people don't know how to have fun.
>>
>>382848446
I don't have any friends my man
>>
>>382850216
>having roommates
I don't mind having my friends over but that just stupid.
>>
>>382848446

I don't really have any friends to game with anymore. Most have either married, moved away, fallen off, or what have you. I'm pretty lonely tbqhwy... ;_;
>>
File: moominpappa_is_my_spirit_animal.jpg (80KB, 522x534px) Image search: [Google]
moominpappa_is_my_spirit_animal.jpg
80KB, 522x534px
Ok anons, here's a question.
You've just moved into a new town. You don't know anybody. You work alone, in a tiny accounting office.

How are you supposed to insert yourself into a circle of local nerdy young men for boardgames and vidya nights?

Because I can't. And it's been five years and I'm losing my fucking mind.
>>
>>382848446
My sister used to play on my XBL account. I've been friends with some of the creeps that added her for almost 14 years now.
>>
>>382848446
/vg/
>>
File: wtf.gif (3MB, 380x272px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.gif
3MB, 380x272px
>>382850608
>just moved into a new town
>it's been five years
>>
>>382852067
Hey man, people seem to enjoy the thread. Not bothering anybody right now. Go back to your console-war threads.
>>
>>382852191
The fuck are you on about?
>>
>>382851180
hahaha thats gold man
>>
>>382848613
> I fear rejection
I never really thought about this. I haven't sent a friend request in about 7 years.
>>
Middle school friends introduced me to friends from their high school and the first game we all played was LoL. Thankfully we played more games together over time.
>>
File: 5322345234523523.jpg (11KB, 203x176px) Image search: [Google]
5322345234523523.jpg
11KB, 203x176px
>>382848446
>friends
y-yeah, haha

got plenty of those...
>>
Some friends from high school still play games from time to time.

We play in person or over discord cos we all live in different cities (they're only about 30mins to an hour away).

Also met some other people through heroes and league, then by extension their online friends through discord channels and such.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.