[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Um, so smoke just came out of my PS4. I live in a third world

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Um, so smoke just came out of my PS4. I live in a third world country and there was a power cut, followed by what I presume was a voltage surge. Now the PS4 won't turn on.

Gonna take it to the repair shop tomorrow, hopefully they can fix it. Just wondering... any chance in hell the smoke was the result of a screwed power supply unit? Maybe if they replace it the thing will be okay?

Welp.
>>
>>382842838
>I live in a third world country
That's not excuse to forego a surge protector on piece of electronics that cost more than a $100...
>>
>>382842838
what country? i need to know because i'm an engineer who works on power distribution and have done contracting in some shit places around the world. i can give you a better answer if i knew what kind power grid you are on
>>
>>382843015
pakistan

pls no bully
>>
File: 1470144174995.png (245KB, 400x398px)
1470144174995.png
245KB, 400x398px
>>382843131
Shit dude I'm sorry man
>>
>>382843131
Have you been hit with stones for playing ?
>>
>>382842838
If not joking it probably is just a popped fuse. You replace the fuse and the system should work again.

I'd hope it has a fuse anyway, most electronics do. You would need to open it up to change though. Bumping this thread a bit to try and search to see if PS4's do.
>>
>>382842838
I guess the smoke smells of plastics. Your PS4 is pretty much broken
>>
>>382847620
a quick google search confirms that there is a fuse, op just needs to get it replaced
>>
>>382847727
Don't worry I'm actually rich.

>>382847965
Idk senpai there was a lot of smoke :(
>>
>>382843131
wtf i didn't know fucking pakis could buy ps4s. thought they were too busy blowing themselves up.
>>
>>382849062
If your grid is run like shit it may have browned out and that is liquid cancer for advanced electronics. Best of luck
>>
Sonyhu Playbar!
>>
>>382842838
You should take it to the exterminator first.

I had a similar thing happen to me, and it was just some roaches. They'll clean them right out for you, m80
>>
>>382850376
He's in Pakistan not Turkey
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.