/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Legend of Legacy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 26

File: legendoflegacy01v2.jpg (1MB, 1920x993px) Image search: [Google]
legendoflegacy01v2.jpg
1MB, 1920x993px
I wish to discuss this game and it's sequel (if it gets localized, hopefully).
>>
>>382840609
>sequel
there is none tho
>>
File: HNI_0042.jpg (34KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0042.jpg
34KB, 400x240px
>>382840609
You won't get much, OP, considering how virtually unknown it is here, but
>sequel
I'll tell you from my own experiences that the Alliance Alive BTFOs tLoL in every way and is my GOTY of this year
holy shit it was so good
>>
File: AllianceAlivebox.jpg (259KB, 1000x915px) Image search: [Google]
AllianceAlivebox.jpg
259KB, 1000x915px
>>382841216
The Alliance Alive isn't a sequel in regards to the setting but it's supposedly a greatly improved game with the same artstyle and similar gameplay.
>>382841567
Well that's good then, considering how good I thought TLoL was. Really nice little game, what changes did they make?
>>
>>382840609
Isn't this that SaGa game in disguise with Chrono Trigger's composer?
>>
>>382840609
Pretty meh.

Too light on the story side of the house.
>>
>>382841758
It's basically a lighter, not as full SaGa title. Not as good as a full, actual SaGa but it's great for bringing around on 3DS and the map screen is nice to have, so it's really up there with my favorite 3DS games. Good combat.
>>
>>382840609
It's one of those games that sounds fun but I have no interest in it because
>240p
>handhelds
>>
File: HNI_0034.jpg (33KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0034.jpg
33KB, 400x240px
>>382841758
Masashi Hamauzu isn't Chrono Trigger's composer, no
but yes to being the SaGa clone attempt

>>382841740
Well, you probably already know most of it, like the less obnoxious magic system, party size of 5 and formations that come with it, much more party members to choose from, etc.
There are actually 12 party members this time, and 3 are technically optional but not too difficult to discover, and the rest you get in standard JRPG style as the plot plays out, because the plot plays out as a standard JRPG to begin with and doesn't try to copy SaGa's "you can do whatever you want" style as much

About halfway through, the game turns into Skies of Arcadia and you collect NPCs to be crew members on your bigass ship, and also put an entire guild on there with 5 different specialties that you can assign them to
And from there, you can build towers of those guilds at certain points on the world map (some have to be purified by going through mini-dungeons first, in which you can find equipment and MORE crew members) which will give you buffs and do cool shit like stun enemies in combat if you're near them when you initiate battles

Besides the ship, you have multiple different vehicles you can ride on the world map too, all of which more-or-less stay useful all the way to the end because of certain places you can reach, and the game encourages funky combinations like landing your airship on a certain otherwise-unreachable peak so you can get in your ornithopter to fly around a mountain and land inside a cave that you can't get inside with anything else
You also get a dragon late in the game that changes up the battle system and is basically like the Byunei fight from Romancing SaGa 3 (in how the dragon gets its own attacks just aided by the rider's stats), but as a whole thing now with its own dungeons
Honestly if given the opportunity I could go on forever about it, I'm still reeling from how unexpectedly godlike it turned out to be
>>
File: rage1.jpg (43KB, 341x204px) Image search: [Google]
rage1.jpg
43KB, 341x204px
>>382840609
This game is so fucking slow! WHY IS THIS GAME SO FUCKING SLOW?! I've been playing for 30 hours and just now made it to the hot springs map. The art is really bland and the world has zero personality. SaGa 2 on the DS entertained me more than this trash.
>>
>>382842897
>30 hours
>only to boiling sea
Sounds like you're just bad at the game son. By 30 hours you should have already raised the continent and get fucked by that stupid sea turtle.
>>382842840
The magic system in TLoL was excellent though, elaborate on TAA's because I want to know. Kind of not liking it being more plot heavy as one of the things I loved about TLoL was the obtuse and lacking plot, but the rest of it seems way better than TLoL, especially the ships part.
>>
File: HNI_0040.jpg (24KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0040.jpg
24KB, 400x240px
>>382843723
Yeah, I'm a SaGafag and fucking love the series' way of letting you do anything myself, but tLoL just didn't have that same... spark to it, if that makes any sense
It was cool in concept but with the infinitely fewer characters there just weren't as many crazy discoveries you could make, and pretty much 95% of SaGafags you could ask would say it fell flat in its attempt to copy what the series did best

The magic system though, basically you don't have to do anything mid-combat for it anymore and it's just standard light/dark spell groups, the former of which humans can learn and the latter is reserved for the furries and catgirls
Interestingly enough, dark magic can be used innately, but light requires a focus like a staff or certain accessories, which I noted as being fairly rare
Truth be told I couldn't tell you too much about it because I didn't make as much use of magic as I feel like I should've when I played it, but the acquisition of it at least is just "you buy it in shops" and that's it- you level up their attack/defense/support levels like every other move
Some you have to research in guilds before you can learn them, but a lot of them are taught to you by NPCs hiding in certain towns, or more often, houses in the middle of fucking nowhere you have to fly to

There are a couple unique gimmick characters who join your party, like token loli Tiggy who is the only one who can use guns (but can't use other weapon types), and a talking penguin who can't equip weapons AT ALL, instead having his own personal martial arts waza and being a pretty good magic user
From my own experiences and the last time I checked the JP wiki, Tiggy's gun waza are all single-target only, making her even more gimmick, and she has 'modes' she can switch to that alter her stats temporarily and grant access to special waza that differ from gun to gun which can't be used otherwise, so that's a thing

The plot doesn't get in the way though, so I really prefer it like this
>>
I hope TAA is better, LoL disappointed me as a SaGa homage.
>>
File: HNI_0037.jpg (24KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0037.jpg
24KB, 320x240px
>>382845050
Oh right also, wall-hugging to complete maps is gone and you have to buy maps from NPCs, find them, or have them given to you by the plot
Truly for the better on that one
>>
>>382845050
Ah, I see. I could never get into SaGa myself, Idk. This game pretty much had the perfect balance for me, and I know I'm more or less the only person outside of Japan that enjoyed it this much. I was kind of just wondering if anyone on /v/ cared about it but it's largely the same here.
Anyway it sounds interesting to finally be able to use shadow magic, and it sounds like the game is way bigger, which is great. How does NG+ work? Is there any reason to try and get rare equips for it or does your whole inventory just carry over anyway? Do you have pics of the whole roster of characters?
>>382845359
This I fucking hate more than anything else in games with maps though, premade maps are stage 4 cancer. Instantly makes me think less of it there.
>>
>>382840609
That is such a stupidly translated name
>>
>>382840609
>>382841740
I liked Legend of Legacy quite a bit. I didn't think that Alliance Alive was related at all outside the artstyle, though. What does it keep that's similar to Legend of Legacy?
>>
File: HNI_0062.jpg (34KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0062.jpg
34KB, 400x240px
>>382845828
>not a SaGafag
Oh, that explains your unique taste then
Pretty neat that you can like tLoL so much in a world where hardly anybody else does, but the fact is, it's just inferior to SaGa in everything it does- I'd recommend attempting to get into it again sometime really, because many potential SaGafriends tend to suffer from the experience of having a bad first run and stopping prematurely

>Do you have pics of the whole roster of characters?
Sure, if you can forgive Barbarosa, Rachel, and Gene's faces being covered
And also the horrible quality from using the ingame screenshot function, but that one couldn't be helped because this game really doesn't like to work with NTR and Luma's built-in screenshot function is godawful

>How does NG+ work?
There are two types, adorably named "NEW GAME+" and "EX NEW GAME," and I didn't try either myself yet
But according to the JP wiki, the former is the traditional kind that lets you carry over stats, waza, and equipment, and the latter is just a new game where you keep your point-bought talents - like 'decrease [weapon type] SP cost' and 'increased waza learning rate,' did tLoL have those? - and get bonus points for more of those but start from scratch elsewise
Both seem to be an attempt to fish for replay value because from what I've seen there are no SUPER hidden superbosses or anything and the optional bosses are pretty easy if you take them on lategame anyway
>>
>>382846954
Yeah I don't even remember which one it was, I picked some girl and it ended up not really being that fun. It's not really "hardly anyone else" I've actually never seen someone who didn't regret buying it outside of this thread. Doesn't help that whatever SaGa it was that I had I had to emulate because I'm a turbo poorfag who only has a laptop and 3DS. Not really super interested in playing with the other SaGa titles.

I love that penguin and the girl with the monocle, do you get those from the start? I'm glad that the screenshot thing is returning though.
TLoL NG+ only carried money and some very rare items, usually weapons, with boosts to item drops, rare enemies, and such activating upon release. Stats were reset and inventory was wiped otherwise. Weapon types simply had changed range effectiveness vs shields and there was no "waza" rate unless you mean skill learning, which was random.
>>
>>382841567
>Alliance Alive
does it btfo tLoL even in the music department?
>>
File: HNI_0022.jpg (26KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0022.jpg
26KB, 400x240px
>>382846931
The battle system and the composer, and that's basically it

>>382847883
>I picked some girl
OH
You may not believe me, but that's actually your problem
Aisha from RomaSaGa1 is the worst example of this, but the whole SaGa series has this silly trend of female characters - especially young, cute ones - having strange starting locations/plots, quests that seem random and make no sense like Asellus' in Frontier, or otherwise are really underpowered and make the beginning difficult for a newcomer

>I love that penguin and the girl with the monocle
Those are the two gimmick characters mentioned earlier, Robbins and Tiggy
Tiggy is one of the first party members, yeah, but Robbins is an optional one you can only access past the halfway point

>unless you mean skill learning
Yeah, sorry, habit
SaGa liked to refer to skills as "waza" even in the translation so I'm used to calling them that
Of course it's always random, but tAA lets you take talents to increase the % rate a little bit- through using those I've had characters spark like 20+ in a row with no lulls, which felt pretty cool

>Not really super interested in playing with the other SaGa titles.
Bit of a shame there, but understandable
If you ever change your mind, emulate Frontier on the PS1 and start as Blue- that's the route with no forced plot direction but also shows you how cool magic is
Alternatively Frontier 2, which has the same composer as this series and generally the mood that it was trying to emulate, very comfy game (though hard as balls if you don't know exactly what you're doing)

>>382848154
I personally preferred a lot of the tracks yeah, but looking at it objectively they're about the same
Hamauzu is a cool guy
>>
Bianca I guess
>>
>>382848817
Is it? Idk, she was cute I guess.
Definitely bringing Tiggy and Robbins then, adorable as fuck. I like the guy with the hair-ears too, he looks important.

As for skills, TLoL had hidden "proficiencies" which made it so characters could easily awaken several skills if they had the right ones. For example, Bianca had a predisposition to be able to easily learn any skill or charm, but less of an ability to gain stats.
It's not really because I didn't like the presentation, but rather because I dislike how games feel when playing them on an emulator (at least when they were originally made for consoles like the PS1, SNES, etc.).
>>
File: HNI_0052.jpg (38KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0052.jpg
38KB, 400x240px
>>382851042
>hidden "proficiencies"
yeah, that's SaGa standard too
those are popular and have autistic japs as their fans so you can find "spark tables" around the internet, which these just sort of followed the trend of

>the guy with the hair-ears
Ignace?
he's best girl's butler
>>
>>382851383
Who is best girl
>>
File: ADVENTURE.png (296KB, 582x432px) Image search: [Google]
ADVENTURE.png
296KB, 582x432px
>>382851517
Viviana
>>
>>382851619
She's adorable
Man I'm hyped as fuck for this game, you have no idea. Everything looks amazing except for that retarded premade map thing, I love the skyships idea.
Is everything hand drawn like TLoL?
>tfw EOP
>>
File: HNI_0012.jpg (23KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0012.jpg
23KB, 400x240px
>>382851951
I couldn't say for 100% but I'll stick on the safe side and say "no"
tLoL's defining aspect was looking pretty, but this time they wanted to put that aside and just focus on making a game that's really good
Granted it doesn't look awful, but it doesn't have the pop-up book looking thing anymore

If a localization never gets announced I'd want to translate it myself, but I'm sure it will... eventually

That said,
>Man I'm hyped as fuck for this game, you have no idea.
Looks like my job here is done then
Keep on praying, anon
>>
>>382852619
Aw, well it looks good enough from what you posted. Did the eyepatch kid die?
Good luck with the translation too. I'll keep hoping FuRyu can convince Atlus to do so, but it's easy to lose hope after how long it took for EOV.
Looks like you're going to go, but can you post one last screenshot to give me a rough look at what the average environment looks like?
>>
File: HNI_0036.jpg (29KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0036.jpg
29KB, 400x240px
>>382853041
>Did the eyepatch kid die?
Fairly sure that's young(er) Tiggy but I might've missed something

>screenshot to give me a rough look at what the average environment looks like
Try this one I guess
A few places look REALLY pretty but I didn't snap those because I prioritized gameplay shots more

Not going anywhere really; I'm just being humble about having hijacked your thread with my fanboyism
>>
>>382853964
Oh, well that looks pretty, reminds me of the Wind Flute Terrace. Young Tiggy is cute, is Tiggy short for something or is that her real name?

It's welcome fanboyism anon, I've been excited for this game ever since I saw the announcement for it. Any screenshots are appreciated.
>>
>>382855089
Tiggy Alshtein(sic?), yeah

There are much worse names to give your loli

... Also before I forget about it, Robbins is optional, but once you recruit him he shows up and does wacky antics in the middle of otherwise-serious cutscenes without disturbing the scene that's already going on, just pranking NPCs and dancing in the background and shit
it's wonderful
probably the best handling of an optional character i've seen in anything
>>
>>382855731
The more I hear about this game the better it gets. I'm kind of glad it has it's own identity rather than just trying to be a straight sequel to TLoL.
That little lolibot plane mech looks great. I do want to know now though, is Robbins a hidden character? I don't want to miss him.
>>
File: top_0005 (2).png (140KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
top_0005 (2).png
140KB, 400x240px
>>382856327
>little lolibot plane mech
See, that's about what I thought too, but look behind her
The mech is opened halfway, and that's a duck head in the back of it
You can see the whole mech as it appears ingame in the background of >>382851383 actually if you look closely, because that was my final boss party

>is Robbins a hidden character?
I'll be real with you, I actually did miss him in the first possible chance you can get him
As soon as you get a ship there's a cave full of penguins you can get to, and there's an unpurified evil zone island next to it, where an event with him triggers and he joins your party
I planned to eventually purify all of those (there are a bunch) but wanted to progress the plot first, so I got him a bit late
Shame too, because that means I got him after the part where you split your entire party into three groups to defend a castle and then have all three of those groups fight the main antagonist in succession, Luca Blight-style

But honestly the "hidden" characters aren't really difficult to get unless you rush through the game without going anywhere on the map that isn't plot-required and never return to towns, which frankly is pretty dumb anyway
>>
>>382857114
Ah, so she pilots a transforming mecha?
I don't think that will be a problem for me getting Robbins then, I don't think I could leave that area without helping all the penguins.
Is that "adventure" girl?
>>
File: top_0001 (2).png (64KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
top_0001 (2).png
64KB, 400x240px
>>382857724
Yes, I kept Viviana as my onscreen at all times

Weird too, I went into the game for Tiggy but Viviana is so mind-numbingly lovable in her actions she became my favorite fast
Trivia: By how it's written in kana her name is actually 'Vivian,' meaning the name the official website gives her is a typo, but I find Viviana a lot cuter- not like there's voice acting in this game anyway

What you should really worry about is the recruitable guild members, because it's actually possible to kill one of those and miss out on a chunk
let's just say I regret some of my actions
>>
I liked the frog
>>
>>382858814
Me too
>>
>>382840609
I dropped it but I found the idea interesting.
>>
>>382858093
What do you mean? Pls no kill
>>382859583
Try SaGa then, I hear it's good
>>
>>382840609
>>382841740
When it comes to jrpgs, I can't stick around long enough unless the story and soundtrack are good enough to carry me through the typically repetitive jrpg gameplay. I had my eye on this game when it first launched but decided against picking it up for a couple of reasons.
I was reading through >>382842840 but I'm not sure what to think. Comparing it to Skies of Arcadia is a positive for me since I love SoA, but calling the plot "standard jrpg plot" just makes me fear it'll be another generic game I'd drop after a few hours. And then complaints like >>382842897 seem to keep pulling me back, since it's not the first time I've heard it.

tl;dr The games seem pretty dull, never bothered picking them up and probably never will
>>
File: HNI_0030.jpg (18KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0030.jpg
18KB, 400x240px
>>382860184
"Standard JRPG plot" as in, "there actually is a linear plot compared to most SaGa games and tLoL where it throws you into the world with no direction and expects you to figure it out yourself"
Though I was talking about the sequel, the Alliance Alive, which just came out in Japan about two weeks ago, and the Skies-like aspect is just that you LITERALLY traverse the world recruiting people to do stuff on your ship
And some of the maps remind me of it, technically, but I doubt that was intentional
Otherwise the two games are pretty vastly different

>>382860180
Kill
>>
>>382860184
These really aren't the kind of games if you want fast gameplay and an engrossing story. TLoL itself isn't as slow as that one anon is thinking, he's just shit at the game, but it lacks a deliberate plot and relies almost entirely on item giving stones for that (the basic gist if you don't want to piece it together is that long ago a man and his wife harnessed the power of elements with devices that attracted elemental spirits, but the King (the man) became obsessed with immortality, creating a massive machine that granted the power of eternal life and created an artificial breed of spirit. The machine unfortunately, came with a few drawbacks aside from healing, immortality, and control over the elements, namely that the people he exposed to its power would turn into mindless "shadow giants" locked within statues for all of eternity. The queen rebelled against the king and sealed them away along with the continent, dragging them beneath the waves and deactivating all the machines across the continent. She dies with the spirits by her side, secure in the knowledge that she stopped the mad king's rampage of "immortality." Some of his servants remained on the small portion of land remaining, a series of female robots.
One day, a man who was banished from his homeland set sail and found the remains of the island, hearing the seal upon it calling to him. He touched the seal, not realizing that he would partially undo it and raise the continent from the depths. He begins his own town as the ruler of the island and then that's where the player starts off.
>>
>>382860693
Pls tell me who not to kill
>>
>>382862439
Her name's Freya, she's in a forest at the very beginning
Just a wandering NPC minding her own business that appears after an early plot event

One of the dialogue options prompts an "are you sure?," which makes it pretty obvious you shouldn't do it, but I expected an endgame-level boss fight that would fuck my ass so I just checked out of curiosity and it turned out it was perfectly doable, and gave some pretty sick rewards at the time
20 hours later I learned how hard I fucked up and that she had an entire island of her own with a populace that turned hostile as soon as I landed on it, all of which were supposedly recruitable guild members (and Freya herself a guild master, which are pretty scarce)

Still felt kinda cool beating an optional boss in the first hour, at least
>>
>>382863039
Anon why would you kill a friendly npc in a forest
>>
>>382860184
I take it you aren't a huge fan of EO
>>
>>382863260
In my defense literally every single optional boss in the game after that point were basically "friendly duels" that give you cool shit when you beat them, instead of... you know, dying

That's a SaGa series thing too
But then again, I guess you can kill friendly, important NPCs in a lot of the SaGas also

I never claimed to not be fucking stupid
>>
>>382863445
Reminds me of Ultima in that way.
Is Freya a good girl? Did you regret killing her on a replay where you didn't? Pic?
>>
>>382863445
Feel the keen edge of justice.
>>
File: 森の主.jpg (28KB, 401x240px) Image search: [Google]
森の主.jpg
28KB, 401x240px
>>382864010
>implying I'd replay that quickly

Sure this thread is making me want to somewhat, but there's not that much optional shit to do
Not a whole lot of reason to replay unless I were going to NG+ with a self-imposed challenge or something, which isn't my cup of tea

>Pic?
I didn't have one but at least the japs did
>>
>>382864449
Huh, would've thought they had a "clear it a bunch of times for changing clear rewards" thing going on like in TLoL.
Also
>kills the little fairy girl in the woods with an umbrella
Anon you're a monster
>>
File: HNI_0028.jpg (39KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0028.jpg
39KB, 400x240px
>>382864767
THE OPTION THAT MAKES HER FIGHT YOU IS JUST "ASK ABOUT THE TREE PEOPLE"

AND SHE HAS MOVES WHERE SHE SMILES EVILLY AND MAKES IT RAIN BLOOD

I SWEAR I HAD REASON TO BELIEVE SHE MIGHT BE EVIL

and I wanted to spark mid/high-level waza earlygame using the tried & true method

there might be though, but from what i've seen there was just NG+ and EX NG
>>
Kind of offtopic, but somewhat thread relevant.

Got a 3DS, barely touched the JRPGs on the thing outside of a little pokemon, which I guess I'm not that big of a fan. I have no idea where to start- my brother gave me copies of Tales of the Abyss, Bravely Default, and SMT IV. This game sounds pretty interesting. What 3DS JRPGs are must play?
>>
File: police.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
police.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
>>382865090
put yer goddamn penguin flipper wings up you're going to jail anon for killing an innocent little bloody tree fairy

You mean hitting powerful enemies right? The "F.O.E."s of the game, like the Archwings and Bogsaurs? Odd that there isn't a bonus though, have you checked if a prompt appears when you select NG+ or EXNG? It might just be a localization thing, since they improved TLoL greatly from the original JP version (adding endings, letting some items save, giving extra NG+ bonuses, etc.).
>>382865307
Etrian Odyssey titles (and Persona Q) if you have patience and like making maps (more of a crawler though).
The ones you got from your bro are all varying levels of great to good (from what I know).
I liked this one as the OP but I doubt you'd enjoy it the same as I did considering I am its only vocal english fan.
Probably start with BD, I hear it's easy for new players. Never played it myself though.
>>
Bogpill me on this game, are there any character customization
>>
File: 63597328_p0_master1200.jpg (210KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
63597328_p0_master1200.jpg
210KB, 650x650px
>>382865860
Yeah just checked, it just gives a brief description of what the mode does and then throws you straight into a NG
Granted there might be some megabosses only accessible in a NG+ or later, which is why I was waiting a bit to see if the nippons discovered it first
I guess there might be DLC too?

While I was at it I also checked who was most popular on Pixiv, not at all surprised at the results
>>
>>382866425
The only thing you see in battle is the equipped weapon, so no.
Good combat, somewhat difficult, obtuse story that is only there if you make an effort to piece it together (so there's no significant plot for the most part, just a few small cutscenes and stone song text to put together optionally). Bianca and Meurs are the best characters.
>>
>>382866779
No i mean like job system/skill tree etc
>>
>>382866425
Character customization comes through performing actions through battle. You want to get better at hand to hand skills? Use them in combat, and so on.
>>
Is there any localisation in sight for TAA?
>>
File: 1494711891250.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1494711891250.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>pick frog to be my main shield guy since he starts with a shield and has one in his portrait
>frog sucks with shield
>>
File: Countering-Green-Dragon-Attack.jpg (29KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Countering-Green-Dragon-Attack.jpg
29KB, 400x240px
>>382866874
All characters can use any weapon or magic casting item. They learn skills randomly from that weapon mid combat, and they can use 2 at a time, plus fists and accessory items that let them cast charms. Characters have different proficiencies, and can learn some weapons/charms better than others.
>>382866481
Of course it's the cutie with ears. Have you tried starting one temporarily to see if the intro is different?
>>
>>382867189
Filmia has enormous HP growth and he does have proficiency in shields anon. He heals more from water contract as well since it heals based on percentage. The drawback is he seems to take more damage from really strong attacks, like Hellfire.
>>
>>382867174
No one knows, it just came out in Japan
>>
>>382867227
Apparently there's an alternate ending if you beat an "unwinnable" fight at the beginning or the game in NG+

Unfortunate for me, you have to do it in like 3 turns with only the two characters I didn't use very much
maybe next time
>>
>>382868901
Time for cheese strats anon, you can do it, you do have endgame equips right? Awaken some skills on the first two turns and try and nuke it with those on the third.
I knew there'd be something, I suppose one thing is better than having just "run through with OP party" that most games go with.
>>
>>382842840
>About halfway through, the game turns into Skies of Arcadia and you collect NPCs to be crew members on your bigass ship
Sold
>>
>>382869558
I dunno about that man, while it's not unreasonable to use that method to pray for good sparks and pump them out that way, the japs were kind enough to inform that there's 15k HP to burn through in those few turns
These guys barely have midgame stats, so even with good gear it's more plausible to just run through the entire game again to have them ready for it

Defs a thing to keep in mind if it ever comes stateside though, DO NOT drop Galil and Ursula
my role was just to transport this information for the future generation
>>
>>382869992
Damn, 15k? That's around Immortal Mantis level.
Isn't Ursula the front and center girl on the cover?
Your sacrifice will be appreciated soldier.
>>
>>382869992
Oh yeah, can't believe I forgot to ask this though, is there an encyclopedia to fill out? I love filling out encyclopedias.
>>
File: HNI_0066.jpg (15KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0066.jpg
15KB, 400x240px
>>382870275
Yeah, that's her
The boss is the one that blinds her, that's why every other portrayal has her wearing a blindfold

>>382870472
Yep, there's a whole guild for it, the library guild
Not only do you fill it out, but every now and then you'll get telegraphs on the bottom screen telling you that a new page has been added to a character profile or some shit like that

You also get telegraphs that aren't nearly as relevant, like some NPCs using it to shitpost
I definitely had a loli go basically "Wah! What're we gonna do in the telegraph?" at one point
good shit
>>
>>382842840
>About halfway through, the game turns into Skies of Arcadia
PICKED THE FUCK UP
>>
>>382870718
>whole guild for it
Good lord
I can't even play this right now and I know it'll be my favorite game this year/whatever year it gets localized.
Pls FuRyu have mercy
Also I guess that's why it's a different ending, assuming that's the "good end" where she was powerful enough to retain her vision.
You gotta do it man, do it for her
True ending right there.
>>
I'm a big fan of masashi hamauzu. Is it worth me buying this game for other reasons or should I just download the soundtrack?
>>
>>382871115
Try the eshop demo and if you don't like it just get the OST.
Also the best song is "The City of the Unseen"
>>
>>382871364
Ah didn't know there was a demo. Thanks.
>>
>>382873006
What the fuck anon
>>
>>382871472
yw
It stops right before the area where stickbugs start appearing, so be aware there is a big spike in enemy strength in the area after the demo shows (not the valley, the thing beyond it).
>>
File: sleep kirby.jpg (7KB, 203x145px) Image search: [Google]
sleep kirby.jpg
7KB, 203x145px
>>382870718
Well anon, the thread will be dead in the morning but I want to say thanks for taking the time to post this stuff and explain.
Here's to hoping TAA will come over with a proper translation, I'm hyped to hell and back.

Cheers, have a good sleep.
>>
File: HNI_0064.jpg (27KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0064.jpg
27KB, 400x240px
>>382875131
Don't get your hopes up, but I'm happy to share the hype any way I can

Just glad there was somebody willing to listen to it all for once
>>
>>382875367
Always willing to listen for games like this anon.
>>
This thread makes me hope TAA gets brought over even harder than before.
>>
>>382875947
Me too anon, me too. Now I know how some Taiko fans felt.
>>
>>382866481
>that tag
whoa they're fast
>>
>>382880029
For every new game.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.