[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, did this become the new "Codename S.T.E.A.M."?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_3921.jpg (781KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3921.jpg
781KB, 2000x1000px
So, did this become the new "Codename S.T.E.A.M."?
>>
File: 1488947810255.jpg (245KB, 425x600px) Image search: [Google]
1488947810255.jpg
245KB, 425x600px
most likely
>>
>>382840284
>buy it
>expect it to be more ARPG with town sim elements
>it's actually more Farming sim with ARPG elements

Guess I should have looked up more on this game.
>>
i want to fuck those lil qt animals
>>
Is it any good though
>>
>>382840284
I don't know what you mean since I haven't played or know anything about that game but Ever Oasis was fun but flawed little action adventure game.
>>
>>382840769
Codename steam was a fun, but flawed little strategy rpg game.
Ruh roh.
>>
>>382840284
I'm having fun with it, I'm maxing out the shops before the shit inevitably hits the fan.
>>
File: 1479769888971.png (495KB, 693x1025px) Image search: [Google]
1479769888971.png
495KB, 693x1025px
>Why is U. S. STILL NOT ON FREESHOP?!!!
>>
>>382841718
Download the USA CIA and install with FBI you dumb fuck.
>>
>>382841018
Well yeah that sounds about right.

In Ever Oasis the small things drove me nuts quickly like having to constantly go back to town to swap the right skills to be able to get shit done in the dungeons. It was so retarded that the main character being a seedling didn't get the different skills the seedlings had. There were literally places where you needed skills from 3 different characters but could only fit 2 in your party so you had to do one, go back to town and come back with different party members.
>>
>>382840284
>>382840769
By "the new Codename S.T.E.A.M." I mean:
>New IP
>Launches near the release date from other new IP
>Gets completely overshadowed by the other new IP.
>Sells poorly and gets completely forgotten despite being decent.
>>
>>382842052
What's the other IP?
>>
Both Codename S.T.E.A.M and Ever Oasis are great, by the way.
>>
So is there a reason Codename Steam sold like shit? Like it seems like it has everything /v/ would love

>made by Intelligent system
>Batman cartoon tier artwork/cell shaded design
>set in cyberpunk area
>quarky story
>lovecraft tier alien design

Like just typing that out made me want it
>>
>>382842052
Hold on there, Codename Steam was fucking terrible when it first released because it took fucking hours for enemy turns to complete.

After about 3 months, we finally got a patch that sped up the gameplay significantly, and the game's pretty good because of it, but 3 months after the fact is a bit too late.

Ever Oasis is basically Fantasy Life, in that the overall idea is good but a whole bunch of little grievances add up and drag it down a bit.
>>
>>382844293
People were pissed that it wasn't Majora's Mask 3D.

Yes, that's the actual reason why /v/ shit on it so much.
>>
>>382844293
nobody care about american characters
>>
>>382844293
Meh Marketing and ridiculously slow turns.

I'm legit talking 60-90 seconds of waiting for enemy turns, and the maps aren't even that big.

The patch they released fixed it, but it was released far too late into the game's release (it should have been out the first week, but it took over a month)
>>
>>382844293
>cyberpunk
It's steam punk. But people either didn't like the difficulty, the art style, or the enemy phase length. I wish more people gave it a shot but what are you going to do?
>>
>>382844293
The game look too murican to care.
>>
>>382842906
Splatoon
>>
Kill your self namefag

Codename S.T.E.A.M. had an awful demo, that at least in my case, completely killed it off

And i was actually looking forward to getting it on release
>>
>>382844293
Fuck the uploader, but slow-ass turns are legit why it sold like shit and turned so many people off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT4jDEpHvJc
>>
>>382844515
>It took hours for the enemy's turn to complete

Bwahahaha. It's cute how people still pretend that that ruined the game for them.

For those who aren't aware, this is pretty much the eqivalent of saying that Kid Icarus Uprising was terrible because the the dialogue is too distracting.
>>
>>382845004
>>382845004
You obviously didn't play it at launch.

You know, the most important sales period for any game.
>>
>>382844515
>Ever Oasis is basically Fantasy Life
The game is literally nothing similar in any aspect other than maybe the art style to fantasy life, it is actually more similar to Rune factory.
>>
File: 1499216789745.jpg (2MB, 1984x4320px) Image search: [Google]
1499216789745.jpg
2MB, 1984x4320px
>>382845225
Ignore him
>>
Kill yourself namefag

The voices and dialogue where the worst i have ever listened to in a localized first party Nintendo game
>>
File: scarecrow.png (122KB, 278x511px) Image search: [Google]
scarecrow.png
122KB, 278x511px
Don't mind me, just posting the funnest character to use.
>>
>>382845256
I explicitly stated how it was like Fantasy Life, in that, and I quote, "the overall idea is good but a whole bunch of little grievances add up and drag it down a bit".
>>
>>382845367
You could have compared it to any other RPG game and it will be the same tho.
>>
>>382845332
>The voices and dialogue where the worst i have ever listened to in a localized first party Nintendo game

So, not to give Codename steam any credit (you're right it's dub is fucking terrible), but Fates, Bravely Default 2nd, and Tokyo#SMT are WAY worse.
>>
>>382845225
I played that shit day one, finished it before the patch even came out. I know what I'm talking about.

Look at it this way: Would ''''''slow''''' turns REALLY make people ignore everything about the game that was really cool and exciting? It was amazing how desperately /v/ and the gaming media tried to write this game off, the way they do with every single Nintendo game that isn't a new Mario or Zelda game.

Personally, I would suggest that the vast majority of the people who complain about the 'turn times' never actually played it since complaints never got any more sophisticated than that.

Fucking Pretendos.
>>
>>382844293
The 3DS didn't do the Silver Age/Mignola hybrid style justice.
That and Will Wheaton
>>
>>382844991
>>382844795
>>382844515
>>382844515
>After about 3 months, we finally got a patch that sped up the gameplay significantly
it took them 3 months to add a fucking "Fast foward" option? jesus christ
>>
>>382845547
And I picked that one, and you misread it.

And most other RPG's actually botch up one or more things majorly, have conflicting mechanics that don't make for a great overall game, or just end up fantastic. There's not too many that are great on the surface but have a whole bunch of little niggles that actually drag it far below where it should have been.

Ever Oasis (and Fantasy Life) are some of them.
>>
>>382845583
It's not good for a new IP to be ridden with third rate voice actors, at least those other games you mentioned can sell off of their name alone
>>
>>382845661
The game overall wasn't terribly amazing, it was basically a XCom rip-off with a focus on shared resources.

The slow turns fucked it up hard though, and that was not just the number one complaint about it but most review sites bumped up their score of the game after the patch, which took too long to come out.
>>
>>382845332
He's been at it for more than a year.
In due time he'll regret the fact that he wasted his youth bootlicking a company that doesn't know he exists.
He has no future, let him rot
>>
>>382840284

if by that you mean an underrated good game that people ignore because it's not bacterial marketed all day on social media, then yes.
>>
>>382845861
That's a fair point. It really didn't make a good first impression.
>>
>>382845914
See >>382845313
He's not worth arguing with
He's not worth anything
>>
This game had no marketing, is doomed.
>>
>>382844293
Its art style wasn't either anime or realistic enough, the art style wasn't rendered as well as it could've been by being on 3DS, weak advertising, and everyone was expecting Majora 3D to be announced when it was because ???

People complain about the turn length but I beat the whole game before that patch came out and had no problem with it.
>>
>>382844293
Everything you just wrote turned me off
Even spelling quirky as "quarky"
>>
>>382845967
>underrated

I dunno.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/ever-oasis

It seems to be rated about right. It's not a perfect game by any means, but it's pretty good.

Steam was actually just pretty meh.
>>
>>382845917
/v/ has gotten soft
If people started fucking around with these name and trip fags like we used to, i bet fewer of them would think twice about making threads or derailing them

Kill yourself namefag
Fuck off back to your ghost thread
>>
>>382845759
I think Ever Oasis is overall okay. It could be a lot more in-depth in just about every department, but what is there works well together as it is and creates a good general gameflow. Fantasy Life is just shallow in every facet and only good as a braindead timesink, and there's much better you could go for with that. At least some other recent Level-5 games which become that in the postgame have fun gameplay to begin with.
>>
>>382846273
>>382845917
I make more money than you pussy bitches.
>>
File: 1469990178122.png (397KB, 1364x1592px) Image search: [Google]
1469990178122.png
397KB, 1364x1592px
>>382846273
>fucking around
He had his Youtube channel, Miiverse, twitter, Instagram (deleted), Metacritc, Disqus, and Fanfiction found out because he was stupid enough to actually post his own Miiverse screencaps repeatedly.
PlayerEssence, r/Nintendo, Nichegamer, and /v/ see him as pathetic
People have reported him numerous times yet he still isn't range banned
All he has are his safe spaces that is Miiverse which is ins't being supported on the Switch and his bubble of pals on Disqus who agree with him 100%
Anyone else is "Pretendo" to him.
Despite all the crap that has happened, he hasn't fucked off yet
>>
>>382846273
You're right, I have no idea why people don't fuck around with name fags as much anymore.

It probably started happening around the time that /v/ collectively forgot gaia was a thing and leddit took over.
>>
>>382846726
My pussy makes more bitches than your money.
>>
File: borb.png (17KB, 200x183px) Image search: [Google]
borb.png
17KB, 200x183px
what must be done
>>
>>382846540
Come the fuck on Fantasy life is a hidden gem, it is just that playing with non combat classes make the game way better, specially when you are a woodcutter and listen to that heroic as fuck music while cutting down a fucking tree.
>>
>>382846540
Level 5 games (outside of Layton thankfully) also all have their weird grind quirk.

Every. Fucking. One.

Even Dragon Quest VIII an IX.
>>
I hope you die in a fire while gang of niggers rape everyone you care for, you pathetic namefag
>>
>>382847109
It's OK.

Having to change classes fucking CONSTANTLY makes it insanely annoying, and they totally dropped the ball on Multiplayer.
>>
I was hoping the game would be an ARPG with some light town building. At the moment it feels more like Animal Crossing with some light action elements. Does this situation improve?
>>
>>382847139
I care about you.
>>
>>382847395
Not particularly?

Puzzles get a bit better, and the dungeons get a bit more challenging, but the town building portion doesn't really pick up, and the combat is dragged down slightly by the need to constantly return to town to change out skills.
>>
>>382847317
Yeah the multiplayer thing was fucking retarded.

I didn't really switched classes that much, I focused on woodcutting and tailor, I was forced to become a fucking angler tho but I end up enjoying it.
>>
File: IMG_2042.png (131KB, 496x496px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2042.png
131KB, 496x496px
>>382842052
>Ever Oasis looks like a cute fun RPG farm sim
>Arms looks like faux-Dreamworks shovelware only fun for about 10 minutes
>Arms will get the sequel while EO won't
I don't want to lose another game I like because of Nintendo's inability to think.
>>
>>382844293
Character design and difficulty.

The characters look like crap and, despite a lot of posturing from FFT and NuFE fans, most people don't want punishing tactics games.
>>
So, this morning i woke up with a dick in my mouth, anyone had anything similar happen to them?
>>
>>382847701
Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoyed the game overall too. I just wish that a sequel would be released that fixes all the issues regarding multiplayer and class swapping, as well as the inability to do quests when working on the storyline quest.
>>
>>382844538
Nintendo was pretty dumb showing it off behind close doors. Guess they learned their lesson since ever since than they showed off the game at the treehouse stream.
>>
>>382847953
There will be a sequel and it will be mobile shit.
>>
>>382847395
It's kind of cumbersome in the beginning but as you go along you start to get functions that allow you to automate things so it's not so tedious. Like being able to view all your shops at once from a menu and give materials that way instead of going to said shop one by one. You can even set up automated restock. Then you can get people to farm for you and later even gather materials as well. So it lightens the load on you more as the town gets bigger.
>>
>>382845583
>Tokyo#SMT.
TMS#FE didin't have a dub.
>>
File: overdesigned.jpg (73KB, 487x488px) Image search: [Google]
overdesigned.jpg
73KB, 487x488px
>>382847728
I dunno about the characters looking terrible - definitely over-designed though.

I'd also say the premise lacked any real hook. It was kind of like the dev team just rolled a bunch of concept dice and decided they couldn't re-roll. I mean:

>Historical Figures
>Comic Books
>Steam Weapons
>Turn Based Squad Combat
>Aliens

There's probably a way to make a cohesive narrative out of that and make all the elements mesh together, but they sure as fuck didn't.

I wouldn't say it was too difficult, but multiple difficulty levels would have helped a lot.

Enemy turn length was fucking terrible too, and was fixed far too late.
>>
>>382848189
I think it was to evaluate whether or not the gaming press was of any value when it came to promoting exciting new projects.

Spoiler alert: They don't.
>>
>>382848541
Lovecraftian horror X Steampunk was a solid thematic combo, people just didn't really care that it was.

It was catering to a slice of gamers that didn't really exist.

I bought it though...
>>
>>382849254
I feel it was a failure on all fronts. One being fans waiting for Zelda MM 3DS. One being the press covering other things. One being Nintendo never really showing it off until months later. One being the demo showed off how slow game turn system was. And another is that Nintendo seem to not know how to sell it. The idea was just really insane which is fun but they seem to not know how to sell it to people.
>>
>>382849254
Nah, they'd been doing that for years.

It was mostly because they didn't have a bunch of confidence in the game, as evidenced by the small budget and the embargo.

Turns out their fears weren't unwarranted.
>>
>>382842052
Are you implying ARMS took attention away from Ever Oasis? I'm sure ARMS is doing well, but it didn't fucking explode like Splatoon did
>>
>>382848541
>Historical figures

There's your problem. Even Americans don't care about American historical figures
>>
>>382850186
Shit, that makes a lot of sense.

It's a classic case of nips weebing out for american culture, while the yanks are wondering what the fuck is wrong with them.
>>
>>382850186
it was more old literature/folklore heroes than historical ones, which is even worse for americans
>>
>>382845759
>(and Fantasy Life)
But Fantasy Life was great.
>>
>>382850389
"Hey play as the lion from Oz and Abe Lincoln" And most Americans pretty much went "...why?"
>>
File: skelebed.png (23KB, 470x320px) Image search: [Google]
skelebed.png
23KB, 470x320px
>>382840284
Is this game like Actraiser and Dark Cloud? Because I love those games and need more.
>>
>>382850165
>ARMS not overshadowing Ever Oasis

Do you even market bro?
>>
>>382850465
No?

Fantasy Life was ok.

The quest system could have used a fair bit of work, the class system needed a fair bit of work to not make it such a hassel, and multiplayer was fucking broken, not to mention how boring combat was.

I enjoyed it, but it could have used a lot of work, or at least a sequel that wasn't destined for mobile.

>>382850513
I'm just going to pull the band-aid off right now and say no. It's more like animal crossing means ys, with small bits of monster hunter.
>>
>>382845751
It might have been a technical challenge to get the game logic to actually run that fast.
>>
>>382850821
I never played multiplayer. It was exactly what I wanted.
>>
>>382851058
Then they should have pushed the release date back.

You only get one chance at releasing a game, and they blew it.
>>
>>382851058
No, it took about a month for them to do it, and then it just took a while to push the update through.

They were honestly just thinking that everyone would be perfectly fine with enemy turns taking literally 3 times as long as your own.
>>
>>382844293
> it seems like it has everything /v/ would love
Almost like v doesn't determine the purchasing of the general populace
>>
>>382851474
>implying /v/ hasn't been infested with normies and namefags
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.