[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do speedrunners play shit games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Thinking_Face_Emoji_grande.png (143KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Thinking_Face_Emoji_grande.png
143KB, 600x600px
All they play is mario and sonic. Im not saying the game is shit, it's just really low quality games and are not visually appealing to watch. I want to see them speedrun more open world games nice games.
>>
There are speedrunners for nearly every game though
>>
They have autism
>>
>>382835694
>I want to see them speedrun more open world games nice games.
You have autism much autism
>>
>>382836243
But he's not the one who's speedrunning.
>>
File: scd-ss-indeximg.png (23KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
scd-ss-indeximg.png
23KB, 320x224px
>>382835694
>not visually appealing
>>
>>382835694
You mean like GTA tort open world speedruny? Shit anon didnt saw a single of them
>>
>>382835694
?
>>
>>382835694
Good question,maybe because fuck all people play that specific game and they want the record for a underplayed game or autism.
>>
>>382835694
This makes no sense, there are speedrunners for open world games
>>
Why are most speedrunners obsessed with Mario and Zelda?
>>
>>382837283
I checked the schedule, 95% of the games are some 2d games from the 90's. I'd rather see a recent game being speedran maybe the game will interest me and I can play it.
>>
Probs cause the games are popular and more researched. Mario Speed runs are gonna bring in more viewers than something like The Club (360) speedrun or something obscure
>>
>>382835694
People find value in things others don't
Someone enjoys doing speed runs of games that you consider shit
They don't do it for anyone's entertainment but their own
>>
>>382837828
>>382837672
Because theres tons of guides on speedrunning these. Most speedrunners you see can't speedrun a game that has no basic guide.
>>
>>382837860
When they speedran Dark Souls 3 or Skyrim or those types of game they got tons of views, more than others. I'd like to see more of those games.
>>382837980
Don't they do it for donations?
>>
>>382835694
maybe its because a lot of open world games have random encouters and lots of rng elements that can fuck over the run
>>
>>382838056
A lot start out dong it as a hobby, as something they enjoy doing
Depending of the amount of support and followers get, it could change from a hobby to an easy cash grab
When it comes to events like SGDQ, they are doing it for charity or any other form of a cause, so they try to make their runs entertaining than they are to help the amount of donations
It really depends on the runners themselves, not everyone goes on Twitch to make bank, some are just bored and want to let people see what they're up to in a game they're playing
>>
>>382837828
>schedule
You can find speedruns outside of that event you know.
>>
>>382837828
GDQ is run by nintentoddlers, so most of the games are nintendo shit
it gets the most nostalgia bux
>>
>>382835694
people speedrun open world games all the time, you just need to find the runs yourself instead of relying on speedrunning marathons like gdq
>>
>>382838519
kys
>>
>>382835694
>play obscure/shit game
>play some arbitrary category no one does (perhaps one made by yourself even)
>???
>get a ""world record""
gee, I wonder
>>
File: 1448547209165.jpg (44KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1448547209165.jpg
44KB, 1024x576px
>Why do speedrunners play shit games?
>Im not saying the game is shit
you have a problem
>>
>>382838017
Welp time to get cracking on practicing to beat that Lament of Innocence WR
>>
>>382835694
>All they play is mario and sonic
The most popular speedrun of all time is metroid.
Retard.
>>
shitty obscure games are golden tickets to getting a WR with no competition

>>382837672
they're games with a lot of well documented tricks that can also be used in casual runs
they're gateway speedgames
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.