[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well, /v/? Which is superior in your eyes? Which timeline is better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (152KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
152KB, 1280x720px
Well, /v/? Which is superior in your eyes? Which timeline is better?
>>
Both shit, ruined by the retarded playerbase
>>
Rs3 is better. More engaging gameplay and content but also less people makes for a tighter community.

Both are still shit tho
>>
>buying gf
>>
>>382833094
OSRS is better to me because of nostalgia. its not fun though anymore.
>>
I think the hate of RS3 came from people growing out of the Runescape formula, but they blamed the updates instead. I liked the community of OSRS back in the day since everyone was forced to interact before the grand exchange, made for more memorable experience.
But it could have just been >muh nostalgia
>>
>>382833587
>engaging gameplay
>afk-bankstanding-furryshit-scape
>engaging
lmao ok kid
>>
when they took away the fundamental need to communicate to trade they ruined osrs. game is p2w or bot to win, and bots are everywhere.

im pretty salty about it but its not like jagex is doing well so i think they are getting theirs
>>
OSRS for PVP
RS3 for PVE, Skilling & Questing

But if you want PVE & single player shit, you might as well play WoW/FF14/BDO etc, while OSRS's PVP is pretty unique & has lots of nostalgia, it's easy to see why it's more popular
>>
Both are shit, at this point. All I wanted was to play 2007 runescape, and when OSRS was launched it was perfect. Then they started listening to a community which had no idea what it actually wanted and no concept of what actually made the game fun, because they're players, not designers. So we ended up with a hodgepodge of retardedly out of place and unbalanced updates that have turned the game into some sort of abomination stuck in limbo between 2007 and 2017.

That, and having devs who are completely incompetent, such as leaving ludicrous training exploits open for 18 months before 'fixing' them means that actually leveling skills feels meaningless.

At this point, both are just as bad. I would say the RS3 community is probably better at this point though. It's mostly parents, where as OSRS is full of kids playing during breaks from college and consider anything but grinding for 17 hrs a day an "xp waste"
>>
>>382833094
RS3 has better and more content.
Most of the hate for it comes from the fact that people were just too damn lazy to learn the new combat system, and it has had a lot of improvements since it was released.

It has a shitload more quests and other shit to do, and has actually interesting PvM verses osrs which is just prayer switching.
Also unlike OSRS it isn't majority bots, you rarely see them, if ever.
>>
>>382833094
Both are shit.
RS3 has more shit, which means you can waste more time doing things, but there's a higher chance the next update will break or obsolete that shit.
OSRS has less shit, which is nice on paper but it still winds up having bloated grindwalls like RS3. The holiday events are still quests instead of grinding all day until you hit an arbitrary cap, but thanks to Jagex being the way it is those quests aren't all that great.

Combat is a nonfactor, in OSRS you click to hit and maybe use your special attack here and there, in RS3 you copy your bar from the wiki and maybe use your ultimate ability here and there. In OSRS, you use the best scimitar/whip you can get, in RS3 you use the highest tier shit you can use regardless of what it is, since balancing translates to everything being a grey mass of indistinguishable equipment.

The only difference between the two outside of the grafix and daily event bullshit is that you'll need to grind/P2W your way to three armor sets in RS3 for each combat style.

In the end, you'll wonder why you spent so much time on it, and come up with a blank.
>>
>>382836931

Afk nmz wasn't shit. Splashing was fucking op though.
>>
>>382838229
>in OSRS you click to hit and maybe use your special attack here and there,

Quite a bit of APM in PVP, so this isn't true

But OSRS is kinda pay2win as well if you want Claws/AGS etc, but Maul/Dragon/Void are cheap & viable, though Void got nerfed recently, probably so people will buy more gold, which im sure Jagex gets a cut of somehow
>>
>>382838798
I didn't mention PvP because I was making the incorrect assumption that this site was populated by people over the age of 18.
There's APM necessary in 3's PvP as well, but neither games focus on it outside of minigames that are deader than the rat pits.

Jagex nerfing things for jewgold is very plausible, though.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.