[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Splatoon 2 Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

We're getting another testfire, aren't we?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ffK1_X160DA
>>
hopefully
>>
i hope so. just got my switch at nintendo ny about 2 weeks ago and wanna play a test fir
>>
Possibly this weekend I would assume

I pray for regional match making
>>
bump
Leaked Splatfest options
>>
>tfw you put in over 100 hours on the first one
I can't wait for this one.
>>
Who else is looking forward to single player
>>
>>382829447
where did you get that image from
>>
>>382829447
The single player mode was damn good in the first game. Though the meat is still multiplayer. Looking forward to the horde mode as well.
>>
File: 1499065933162.jpg (37KB, 608x608px) Image search: [Google]
1499065933162.jpg
37KB, 608x608px
>>382829447
>Sunken Scrolls are back
>>
>better singleplayer
>co-op horde mode
>local and online multiplayer
can't fucking wait desu

>>382828256
Who would win?
>>
I recently bought a Switch and have all its games, i.e. 3 games. I'm going to be picking up Spla2n on launch, but I never played Splatoon 1.

Get me up to speed. I know it's a sort of arena shooter where you claim territory via paint, but that's it. Could I get a primer hehe?
>>
>>382829576
Someone posted the press images here a few weeks ago.
>>
>>382829771
Are you ready for more D E E P E S T L O R E?
>>
>>382830069
That's pretty much the long and short of it. You can turn into a squid to move faster within ink of your own color. Most of the depth comes from weapon choice - the game has pretty interesting weapon variety, from the traditional snipers/midrange/shortrange automatic weapons to literal paint rollers which cover lots of ground and are devastating up close.

The singleplayer is a good place to get familiar with the movement.
>>
>>382830353
Maybe this is just for the cutscene, but her polycount seems to have been increased by a lot. I remember being able to fucking count the polygons on them in Splatoon 1.
>>
>>382827575
Yep

Direct this late, 2 weeks before Splatoon 2, I know its coming back for one final test
>>
>>382829447
>>382830353
>full 1080p
>no serious aliasing
>DoF
This actually looks really good wtf
>>
>>382831306
Is it confirmed to run at 1080p for everything?
>>
>>382830069
It's 4v4, sort of class-based shooter. There's different loadouts you can buy with in-game money, but you can't mix and match weapons/sub-weapons/specials. They're all preset for balance reasons. There's different gamemodes, but the most common one that gets played in the casual multiplayer is Turf War, where both teams try to win by covering the map with the most amount of their own color ink.

There's other gamemodes as well, but they're restricted to the competitive mode since they're a bit more complicated. There's Splat Zones, which is most similar to Control Points in other shooters. One team has to cover a point in their ink for a certain amount of time to win. There's Tower Control, where there's a tower in the middle of the map that you have to ride to the enemy team's side to win. Basically a 2-sided Payload from other shooters. Last (I think, I may be forgetting one) there's Rainmaker, which is basically one-flag CTF. There's a giant grenade launcher in the middle of the map, and a team has to bring it to the enemy team's side to win. It slows whoever is carrying it down, but it can be charged up to shoot a huge explosion of ink.

There's also a somewhat short singleplayer, which is mostly a glorified tutorial, but it's still great fun and the boss fights are really fun as well.

Also, USE THE GYRO CONTROLS. Even if they feel weird to use at first, they're much more accurate and faster to use than dual sticks. You still use the sticks to control the camera with gyro on, it just helps you line up your shot more accurately and faster. And NEVER play defensive, you ALWAYS want to be making a push. If you play defensive, you're giving the enemy more time to put down more ink and make the area hard for you to get to while making it easier for the enemy to get through. Just always try to make a push.
>>
>>382827575
That would be so dope, I missed the last one.
>>
>>382831647
1080p for docked, I think it's 900-something for handheld. I know digital foundry did a video on it.
>>
>>382831647
I don't know if the testfire was 1080, I don't think it was.

>>382831831
Why would it be higher than 720 for handheld? That's the actual resolution of the screen.
>>
Y'all think they're gonna start the train on maximum and do a exclusive giveaway again for those who get Splatoon on the first week?
>>
>>382830069
Splatoon is a actual kinda great. I wanted to hate it but it won me over. One of it's key hooks is it's accessibility - even if you suck at team based shooters, if you can shoot the floor, you're winning.

Also the single player promises to be even better than the first game, which was a ton of fun.
>>
>>382831647
>>382831831
>>382831961
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pupujCQykg
720 docked, dynamic res down to 544 or so handheld.
>>
>>382832504
That's the testfire. Apparently they upped it since then.
>>
>>382832605
That's great. I can see them upping it to 900 or so for multiplayer.
>>
>>382832735
going to be 720p undocked and 1080p docked
>>
>>382829447
I am. It looks great. Never played the original so I wanna jump into the campaign and learn how to play before multiplayer.
>>
>>382829447
Damn that looks pretty nice by Switch standards.
>>
File: 1403395088513.png (116KB, 539x692px) Image search: [Google]
1403395088513.png
116KB, 539x692px
>US won't get a Splatoon 2 Switch bundle
>>
I held off buying ARMS for this. Better not let me down.
>>
>>382833006
Source?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.