[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternative control-schemes for vidya

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: best controls.jpg (259KB, 1296x856px) Image search: [Google]
best controls.jpg
259KB, 1296x856px
So I've recently adobted a new style of gameplay for specifically FPS and TPS games.

Anyone else ever try to hold a controller in your left hand and mouse in right? I've been playing overwatch and feel like i've improved drastically because of the free movement.

I also have a razer naga mouse so i have multiple keybinds available under my thumb (12).
Pic is my control-scheme.

Anyone else play with interesting or different ways? We all play with our dicks sometimes, don't post that, it's not even remotely funny, it was never funny.
>>
I play with my dick
>>
I play with my dick
>>
>>382819125
i play with my dick
>>
File: padball.jpg (72KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
padball.jpg
72KB, 1024x768px
>>382818453
Can I post if I play with balls?
I have M570 thumbball and it's actually really good for non-twitchy FPS and very comfy for rpgs, strategies etc.
Really want to try something like pic but those are impossible to get now.
inb4 touchpad emulation on steam controller, it feels totally different.
>>
>>382818453
Sup Woolie
>>
>>382818453
Didn't the console mouses do something like this? I don't think they ever got popular and I don't know how was the support for the mouse movement on consoles but it was a neat idea.

I have a naga aswell and I usually bind a couple buttons to it especially if it's a more button intensive game but I gotta say I feel like I've never used it to it's full potential. Back in the day when I still played WoW a friend also had a naga and he had all his 12 buttons set up for his warlock keybinds.
>>
>>382818453
>free movement
This fucking meme again.
The thumbstick's inability to instantly change direction is more hindering than being able to move at 53° (which is often a setback in itself because you cannot snap to 45° angles which means more geometry collision)

There's a reason there's no fucking thumbsticks at quake tournaments.
>>
>>382820408
people use kbm on xbone all the time, siege multiplayer is borderline unplayable with controller
>>
File: 1494360971458.jpg (27KB, 277x404px) Image search: [Google]
1494360971458.jpg
27KB, 277x404px
>>382818453
>Game doesn't allow input from mouse and controller at the same time.

I feel like I run into problems like this far more than I should. I'm not even trying to do anything fancy like OP, but just using the steam controller with part of it mapped to the mouse can be frustrating.
>>
>>382821730
More games than you'd expect actually support a controller and a mouse at the same time. I've tried with GTA5, No man's sky, CS:GO (tricky keymapping, but workable, not recommended), Borderlands 1 and 2, overwatch of course, mass effect 2 and 3, don't know about the first one. Just to name a few.

also league of legends was quite comfy too, but i'm not high elo, so the success rate of weird playstyles is higher.

>>382820408
Wish I knew. I just happened to come across a free, unused ps3 controller and decided to try this out. Always been a kb+m fag so this is pretty much my first time ever holding a console controller.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.