[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HD Remakes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: hdremakes.jpg (289KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hdremakes.jpg
289KB, 1920x1080px
Which ones that you've played did you feel had effort put into them instead of a lazy port with lots of technical problems?
>>
>>382811984
MGS, ICO and SoC, ZoE, X/X-2, Okami, Oddworld,
>>
What about
Rayman3
Jak and daxter1/2/3
Ratchet and clank 1/2/3
Kingdom hearts1/2
Prince of Persia
>>
>>382812408
lol ZoE, i thought that was plagued with technical issues.
>>
>>382812621
They patched it I think.
>>
>>382812621
it got patched

>>382811984
the only ps3 remasters I recall being incredibly shitty are monster hunter portable 3rd and the silent hill collection
>>
>>382811984
Kingdom Hearts I.5 and II.5, they did a great job except for the loading times in some of the games.
Shadow of the Colossus.
Okami.
Tales of Symphonia is good, but nothing special.
MGS.
>>
>>382812621
Ps3 version got patched, runs great with a few dips here and there when you blow shit up. Not sure about the 360 one. The original games or at least zoe2 did.
>>
>>382811984
Think I only played Jak remake, seems like it was just a port.

Silent Hill is the only one I've heard complaints about.
>>
>>382812923
Tales of Symphonia on PS3 is shit. It's locked at 30FPS while the Gamecube version ran at 60FPS. It's also missing some graphics features and the load times are worse.
>>
>>382811984
Played both GoW collections. They were perfect remasters. MGS2/3 are good. Jak Trilogy is pretty bad, but playable.
>>
>>382811984
MGS collection had the most effort put into it. They properly ported peacewalker and MGS2&3 to the console in 60FPS.

The one that had the least amount of effort goes to the "PSP REMASTER" titles that were Japan only like Monster Hunter Portable 3rd and that one K-On game. They literally put the PSP iso on a bluray disc and the PS3 uses a PSP emulator to play them.
>>
>>382813202
I think the GoW collection and MGS HD are from the same team Bluepoint games. I've seen people praising the hd remasters they've done.
>>
>>382812923
I played I.5, being able to rotate the camera with the right analogue, the fact that it is the final mix version and the new music, just perfect. I think though the items that the new heartless drop, is a chore to get.
>>
>>382811984
Ico/Shadow of the Colossus, God of War Saga and Metal Gear Solid legacy collection are the best by far
>>
File: image.png (887KB, 1302x863px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
887KB, 1302x863px
>>382811984
>games are HD remasters
>OP uses the term "remake"
>crash bandicoot N'sane trilogy is actually a Remake
>devs and anons call it a "remaster"

NO. FUCK OFF AND FUCK YOU OP. ITS NOT SEMANTICS, ITS LITERALLY INCORRECT. THEY HAVE CLEAR DEFENITIONS. STOP BEING RETARDED.
>>
>>382811984
MGS HD... that's about it.
>>
>>382816775
I'll be sure to not forget it
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.