[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathologic. Arguably a shit game with horrid graphics. Why is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 73.jpg (157KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
73.jpg
157KB, 900x720px
Pathologic. Arguably a shit game with horrid graphics. Why is it so comfy to play then?
>>
>>382803986
> Pathologic
> Comfy

There's something wrong with you
>>
>>382803986
>Arguably a shit game
If you're an underage faggot with ADD then it might be shit to you

>horrid graphics
There's no such thing as horrid graphics in video games. You're a fucking faggot
>>
I didn't really like the conclusion of the game was being essentially told that nothing matters and it's all a video game where the developers put the characters into the setting for the player to play around with.

It smelled of artsy-fartsy bullshit, but I can definitely commend the game for having an impeccable atmosphere and a great writing style. The gameplay mechanics are also pretty stellar, if a bit shitty from the engine side

I'm 75% sure the remake will fix most problems that the original had, while polishing up the strengths like the plague itself, the survival elements, and the inclusion of different factions into the setting.
>>
>>382803986
Because games are much more than satisfying combat. They're about immersing yourselves into interesting and reactive worlds. Interactivity, and that's what Pathologic does. Bonus is that it's one of the few games that actually has fantastic writing and a interesting story. I'm hoping the sequel fixes up the clunky movement and combat however. Game has the possibility of being a 10/10 then.
>>
>>382806637
That's not the point of Pathologic though. At least not the main one.
>>
>>382806637
Well the whole game is built around the classic "All the world's a stage" theme. You even get to watch a small play in the beginning of every new day.
>>
>buy DA:O on GOG
>drop it before I finish the tutorial
>buy Pathologic on GOG
>drop it before the end of the first day
What the fuck is wrong with me
>>
>>382807869
Take a break from videogames
Did you at least start DA:O with a dorf?
>>
>>382807869
>>buy DA:O on GOG
>>drop it before I finish the tutorial
There's nothing wrong with you, m8. If you have played ANY RPG at all in your life, you have already played DA:O.
>>
>>382808012
Yeah I started as a dwarf commoner. I don't feel like I need to take a break because I can play other games from steam just fine. I don't know why I have this weird mental block for GOG games
>>
>>382807453
What is, then? It wouldn't be far off if I said that I didn't think nearly enough about some of the things in the game.
>>
>>382807869
Pathologic doesn't really start until the second or third days, the biggest, most immediate "fun" of the game that you'll get lies in the survival and planning your day around the plague/quests.
>>
Haruspex>Bachelor>Changeling
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.