[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Had SOE not fucked it up, do you think you would still be playing it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: swg.jpg (65KB, 650x511px) Image search: [Google]
swg.jpg
65KB, 650x511px
Had SOE not fucked it up, do you think you would still be playing it?
>>
Absolutely, was just thinking about it earlier this morning and how much I miss it.

Game was magic.
>>
>>382803980
Yes, I miss it
>>
>>382804059

It was buggy but that could have been sorted out. To be honest I could live without the Jump to Light Speed Expansion. There was always plenty of cool shit throughout the original game considering how many planets we had and territory to explore.
>>
>>382803980
I never played it, only found out about it once it was dead. It was everything I wanted in a Star Wars MMO
>>
NGE > pre-CU > CU

don't be deceived by nostalgic faggots who won't ever take their nostalgia goggles off
>>
>>382803980
Good question op. Unfortunately the answer would be no. I played swgEMU and my goodness gracious, the combat is beyond boring and slow. Tab target MMO combat is never good, but swg's is particularly horrible.

Also the terrible lack of weapon/armor variety is another reason to not play pre-cu.
>>
>>382804435
>NGE
>good
my sides
>>
>>382804539
I should also add that I played SWG back when it first released in Summer of 2003. Nostalgia goggles had me focusing exlusivley on exploration and the depth of the various upgrade paths while ignoring its problems.
>>
I remember playing pre CU with my old ass eMachines PC at 4fps with a nVidia FX 5200. Still loved every second of it.
>>
>>382804435
The skill system alone is enough reason to toss NGE in the dumpster. SWG wasn't about everyone being a superhero and the NGE was exactly that.
>>
SWG had a great foundation. A lot of things needed fixing, but continuous content and fixing of some things (namely combat) I'm positive I'd still be playing it.
>>
>your game will never have a dope ass crafting system or an expansion that adds SPACE
>>
>>382803980
Do you guys not play the private server(s)?
I tried it out not too long ago. Forgot which server but it had an active community and very helpful one as well.
>>
Yes. One of the best games I've ever played and I loved it dearly. Hell, even after NGE and CU I still played and enjoyed it.
>>
File: screenShot0079.jpg (600KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
screenShot0079.jpg
600KB, 1024x768px
Yeah I would be off and on. Crafting/ shooting the shit in your town or a cantina was too much fun. There was always something else to collect, another furniture item to place, or another rare resource to track down.
>>
>>382804435
They all were horrible in their own fucked up way. SWG was a game of it's time, nobody really knew any better, hell i would say SOE did its best to sell to target audience of the time, just target audience was a bunch of UO refugees wanting something that doesn't look like top down 2d with fucked up perspective.

Ascherons Call was a better game in pretty much all regards, down to developers not being complete asshats and remembering what fun was.
>>
File: 1455596140833.jpg (52KB, 615x580px) Image search: [Google]
1455596140833.jpg
52KB, 615x580px
Probably not; I had a great time with it pre NGE but like most MMOs eventually I just got burnout and quit for good.

Imiss my hunting buddies in Dantooine though.
>>
I miss social interaction in MMOs. Why play otherwise?
>>
File: oh no.jpg (7KB, 219x138px) Image search: [Google]
oh no.jpg
7KB, 219x138px
>>382803980
>literally building cities and trading empires from scratch, relying on a living market for materials and property deeds
>that class progression
>bretty good graphics for the time, especially for an MMO

Yea SOE and their extended family should be sent to labor camps until dead
>>
>>382806014
The other shit is so cool that I almost forgot to mention

>expansion that added fucking space travel with customized ships you can walk around in and play dress-up with
>that player housing
>Sarlaccs
>>
Is SWGEmu still around?
>>
>>382806443
Yea, though it's not as active as it used to be. A lot of people are waiting for jedi to come out.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.