[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The RPG redpill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: unnamed.png (88KB, 241x245px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
88KB, 241x245px
So I recently started playing Fallout new Vegas after having played Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Fallout 4.

Enjoyed the whole 80 hrs of my playtime through and through.

But a realisation has hit me and has been bothering me all day long. Looking at how absolutely fantastic New Vegas is in terms of RPG elements, I feel like I've been deceived into calling Skyrim and FO3/4 RPGs. I was blinded and now this redpill awakened me- these games aren't even close to being RPGs. They're merely disguised as one.

I'm in a state of emotional turmoil and have been thinking about it all day.

So what do you think /v/ is Todd Howard a fucking hack filled with corporate greed and laziness or is there something more to this that I'm missing?
>>
File: toddamania.jpg (27KB, 468x388px) Image search: [Google]
toddamania.jpg
27KB, 468x388px
Can't say I agree with you, brother.
>>
>>382803943
Fuck off Todd. I know you've been lurking and shitposting on here since the Starfield post.
>>
>>382803801
You obviously have put a great deal of thought and concern into what you consider a RPG to be.

Now for the red pill
Nobody cares.
>>
Everyone is aware they are soulless loot hunts, but that doesn't stop them from distracting you from reality so the games still sell well. There is no need for a well crafted role for you to play in a complex story and creating that feeling requires a lot of effort.
>>
>>382805260
>Nobody cares
Spoken like a true casual scum. Please leave.
>>382805742
Allowing the quality of such games to degrade to appeal to the dumb masses isn't okay. It is perfectly possible to create complex and intricate RPGs. Obsidian made Fallout New Vegas in a year, while Bethesda had more resources, time and manpower and still couldn't do shit with Fallout 4. Skyrim was purpose fully dumbed down. It all just points to a lack of actual passion in the people leading these game devs. Some indie studios who are not corrupted by this greed still do produce great RPGs
>>
>>382803801
Modern Bethesda games are designed to have every thing available to everyone. That means no important npcs dying and you can join multiple guilds and factions at ease. Leaves very little room for role playing
>>
>>382806838
Sure it's not ok but a single individual is powerless when it comes to corporate greed. All you can do is either fund the indies or start making them yourself, the corporate shit games will probably never die. Global CEO massacre when?
>>
File: 1442705568803.jpg (28KB, 504x415px) Image search: [Google]
1442705568803.jpg
28KB, 504x415px
>>382803801
who cares about definitions as long as you enjoy what you are doing? Stop putting games into categories and just enjoy them
>>
>I just realized I'm a normie and now I'm mad!
Wow lad good job
>>
>>382808118
This
/thread
>>
>>382803801
>Nu Vegas
>RPG

lmao go play Baldur's Gate child
>>
File: 064.gif (93KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
064.gif
93KB, 500x447px
>>382808118
fixed
>>
>>382807995
Fucking this. We need to lead our own movement against those rich fuckers in their ivory towers feeding us their cyber shit we bought from our hard earned money just like /pol/ does against Jews.
>>382808118
I don't know man, random stuff like this gets stuck in my head and keeps buzzing in the back until my head hurts for answers. That's a nice picture btw. I'm saving it
>>382808350
Fuck no. Baldurs gate isn't nearly as RPG as new vegas and certainly doesn't have gameplay mechanics as great.
>>
File: New Vegas Fags.png (132KB, 1086x1006px) Image search: [Google]
New Vegas Fags.png
132KB, 1086x1006px
Nobody cares.

If you consider fallout new Vegas to be on a whole other level of rpg capabilities compared to fallout 3 or skyrim/oblivion, you know absolutely nothing about the genre and are merely buying into the "New Vegas is one of the best RPGs" meme.

Tldr; if New Vegas is a go to example of what you thing a great rpg looks like, you're a fucking idiot or a child with his head so far up his ass in order to blend in around here.
>>
>>382809426
Oh okay, care to cite some examples on how a RPG should really be or some games you consider to be better than even new vegas instead of just insulting me like a fagg?
>>
>>382809426
Holy shit I read that comic you posted and things seem a bit more clearer now. After reading that I would definitely put Fallout 3 and New Vegas to equal standards.
>>
>>382806838
Give me a reason why I should care about your opinion.
Are you the King of RPGs?
Do you have a job with the Dept of RPGs?

No just like me you are a random asshole with an opinion that nobody cares about but we love to share anyway.

The difference is
>>
>>382803801
>They're merely disguised as one
They are action adventure games. That's about it.
>>
>>382810238
No, fag, you can't just define something as an entity when it isnt. Genres and words have specific meanings and characteristics that make them what they are. The disturbing lack of these characteristics or elements in Skyrim and FO4 disqualify them from being classified as RPGs. They are action-adventure games. Are they good games? Certainly. But are they RPGs? Nope.

You spout similar dumb shit as liberals who think male and female are meaningless words.

What I say is Fact not opinion. It just shakes your world, kiddo.
>>
File: Todd wojack.png (88KB, 200x239px) Image search: [Google]
Todd wojack.png
88KB, 200x239px
How do we know if Todd Howard is his real name, or if the man on stage is the real Todd?
>>
i've come to the conclusion I never liked RPGs in the first place. I just like building characters and exploring.
>>
>>382810165
Fallout 3 is still uglier and has worse progression though. Plus I cut myself when I think about making a fresh character and going through that hour long tutorial.
>>
>>382811423
It is RPG enough for me.
They didn't call it a RPG then make it a racing game now did they?

They made a RPG that wasn't RPG enough for you.
To my earlier point nobody cares that you were not pleased.
>>
>>382803801
Stop being a faggot who just listens to what /v/ says. Play/judge games based on their own merits rather than what some losers on a 4chan board tell you. THINK FOR YOURSELF AND STOP TRYING TO WIN THE APPROVAL OF A BUNCH OF /V/IRGINS
>>
File: 1499080420739m.jpg (101KB, 544x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1499080420739m.jpg
101KB, 544x1024px
>>382809426
>>
File: 1493578749614.png (103KB, 842x633px) Image search: [Google]
1493578749614.png
103KB, 842x633px
>>382808118
True, having super-high standards is for only contrarian neckbeards. True gamers like whatever the market gives them.
>>
>>382811773
Does he even have a mother?
>>
Why do people praise New Vegas when I has the same garbage (actually genuinely) 0/10 gameplay, physics and visuals.
>>
>>382809426
New Vegas isn't "on a whole other level" but it's still an improvement on 3 and 4.
>>
>>382812548
i hope the guy who made that comic was aware of the irony of it
>>
>>382812768
wacky game > autism game
>>
>>382812768
Cause its a game people play and enjoy.
I mean you're a fucking retard, but your whore of a mother still loves you, right?
>>
>>382812768
Because it was a Bethesda game made by Not Bethesda.
>>
>>382812241
I guess you are right. FO 4 and Skyrim do still have some rpg elements most definitely.
>>382812401
It wasn't based off /pol/. But the general opinion on YouTube is what convinced me. Looking back, I enjoyed all of the fallout and elder scrolls games including the latest ones desu
>>
>>382812667
You speak like a cuckold. How does Elite dick taste in your mouth? You sure seem like a bitch to your masters.
>>
>>382808615
Neat gif thanks for posting but I doubt those terminals have a mouse
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.