[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me decide trying to get back into gaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: confused.jpg (123KB, 1533x961px)
confused.jpg
123KB, 1533x961px
I currently have a standard xbone and considering becoming a sonybro.
I also have a ps3, a wii u, and a 3ds

Should I sell my xbone and put money towards a ps4 slim or just keep the xbone? Some of the ps4 exclusives look like something I might enjoy, but is it worth it?
If not what xbox one game would I enjoy?
I enjoy genres like adventure, action, hack and slash, rpgs, and occasionally open world games.
>>
>>382799341
shameless bump
>>
Build a mid-tier PC, and enjoy tens of thousands of games, for dirt cheap & free, without monthly online payments. Also lets you emulate most console games up to these very days at best; WiiU is already doable with CEMU, 3DS is a no brainer, and PS3 emulator's finally getting to serviceable state.

Xboxes have never ever been worth anything, and 99.9% of their "games" are also on PC. In better form.
>>
File: 1451995684307.jpg (10KB, 200x200px)
1451995684307.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>>382799854
>PC
>gaming
>>
>>382800040
Yes, PC are THE original gaming platform, since mid-Cold War days actually. And still the dominating platform.
>>
>>382800172
quality over quantity, my friend.
>>
>>382800629
When PC has at least access to the huge majority of all the greatest games of ALL time, it ends up packing both quality AND quantity.

Compare that to all the current-gen consoles with literally no gaems, and it becomes more and more obvious why one should finally get a decent PC.
>>
>>382800934
>Compare that to all the current-gen consoles with literally no gaems

c'mon man, if you just take nintendo as an example the announcement of the next mainline monhun finally making it to PC generated tons of hype, and CEMU is getting tons of attention for emulating BotW. kind of embarassing how "superior" pc gamers want console games.
>>
>>382800934

jesus man stop biting
>>
>>382799854
Second this.

All xbone titles featured E3 2016 and 2017 have been confirmed to be also available on Windows. Likewise many newer console games that would have remained console exclusives in previous years are seeing PC releases.

You wont have to pay twice for internet access/online gaming.

Emulation is available for all consoles leading up to the Wii (not sure how ps3/360 is currently). But i know that WiiU is coming along currently.

You could also mod you 3ds and have access to all of its games, though i think the scene has hit a bump with nintendo's newest update (not impossible, just makes it harder to do).

Likewise you can mod your WiiU and play all the games it has available. Then sell it once you're done as a higher price.

I'd sell it all, save the 3DS and WiiU and just get a PC. Can even use your xbone controller on it if you need to.
>>
File: 1472439439489.jpg (30KB, 599x338px)
1472439439489.jpg
30KB, 599x338px
>>382801262
delete this.
>>
>>382801213
>wanting an access to the few potentially good games
>during the age of everything being multiplat
>"embarrassing"
I don't think you get the point, mate.
Never the less, PC gets ALL the games eventually. Excuse me while I buy the latest AAA shit for 1/4th of the console versions' retail prices, day 1, and even cheaper a couple months later. That's assuming I don't pirate my games even earlier.
>>
>>382799341
I don't know why you have an xbone. Just get a pc or ps4
>>
>>382801213
You're just confirming his point
If PC gets a game then it's not a console game anymore
>>
>>382799341
If you are a normie the xbone and ps4 have essentially the same games and you won't get a different experience with a ps4.
>>
>>382801442
>wanting an access to the few potentially good games

bloodborne, BotW, persona 5, yakuza, a whole bunch of couch co op nintendo games, monhun on 3DS, horizon/uncharted/until dawn/other cinematic games, destiny and haloshit, and probably a bunch more i'm forgetting. you might get these games eventually, but you'll never enjoy it when they're relevant. of course, even if they DID come to pc you'd probably be too busy playing mobas anyway.
>>
>>382801549
I gotten the xbone a bought for like $100 from a coworker who was going homeless

>>382801592
Some games like gravity rush and the yakuza series interest me, but I just don't know if it's worth it.
>>
>>382801896
>but you'll never enjoy it when they're relevant
>BotW, Persona 5, Monhun...
been doable for a long while, mate. And they're still very recent as far as I'm concerned.

>bunch of couch co-op Nintendo games
I can run almost all Mario Party, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, etc games right this instant if I want.

>the "cinematic games"
literal trash to be honest, and there's no shortage of those even on PC.

>every PC owner plays MOBAs!
wew lad.
I can proudly and honestly say that I've never ever touched a single MOBA nor MMO game, nor do I have intentions to.

tl;dr: you love wasting money on one or two mediocre games on underpowered, locked systems, rather than doing wiser, much more versatile investment by purchasing a good PC.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.