[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whatever happened to this thing? was it cancelled?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

File: resident-evil-2-remake.jpg (37KB, 695x365px) Image search: [Google]
resident-evil-2-remake.jpg
37KB, 695x365px
whatever happened to this thing? was it cancelled?
>>
Still work in progress.
People just think that games are made overnight, just because EA and Ubisoft are able to shell out 1-2 games a year with their multiple 100-man underling studios. RE7 just came out, and Crapcom's busy making and shilling DLC for it.
>>
File: 1492137153229.jpg (164KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1492137153229.jpg
164KB, 960x960px
>>382794495
>WE DON'T DO IT!
>>
They're still thinking about how to make it more action packed.
>>
>>382794495
Totally new VAs for the cast were just announced.
You gotta remember that they are REMAKING the game form scratch; NOT just "remastering" the PS1 original and throwing it on store shelves.

It'll be the same kind of complete overhaul and rebuild as the first REmake was, which is said to be roughly 70% brand new game compared to RE1.
>>
>>382794881
Just set it in Detroit instead of Raccoon City.
>>
>>382794495
Just wait for TGS.
>>
>>382794770
>adding cut content takes years to implement
sure thing shill
>>
>>382794495
Daily reminder that we didn't hear a peep about RE7 until it was basically done, to the point that people started asking whether it was being made at all. Capcom often waits until they have stuff to market before they start marketing.
>>
>>382795406
>>382794495
>it takes a LOT of work guys
>they're not EA or Ubisoft haha

It was announced over 2 years ago and there hasn't even been so much as a shitty work in progress shot, concept art or any meaningful news about how it's going to differ or improve on the original game. Nothing. Remake was made and released within the same timeframe 15 fucking years ago.
>>
>>382795791
Don't hold your breath, there's still 2 story DLCs for RE7 being made and I don't think they'll announce anything about RE2 remake until those are out.
>>
>>382795987
>It was announced over 2 years ago and there hasn't even been so much as a shitty work in progress shot, concept art or any meaningful news about how it's going to differ or improve on the original game. Nothing. Remake was made and released within the same timeframe 15 fucking years ago.
We recently found out that Alyson Court won't be voicing Claire.
>>
>>382796361
>still no Not A Hero
>still no "additional story episode"

Not groovy.
>>
>>382796440
Wasn't that just from her personally responding to fan questions though? Don't think Capcom said anything official.
>>
>>382796594
>Wasn't that just from her personally responding to fan questions though?
Yes, but she explained everything.
>>
Last news we got about it was from Leon and Claire's VA saying that they're not reprising their roles cause of that whole strike bullshit.
>>
>>382794495
They haven't figured out how to approach the gameplay. Action always sells but horror+puzzles has made a comeback so they probably scrapped the game at least once in the last 2 years.
>>
>>382796762
>>382796768
This doesn't count as news. It wasn't from Capcom and they were just confirming what everyone already knew anyway. Claire's VA has been dropped since they turned her manface in Revelations 2
>>
>>382797154
>This doesn't count as news.
Okay but it does though.
>>
Wouldn't a remake be easy to make? I mean you already have the plot and everything, soundtrack is also really easy to remaster, most effort would be creating new assets but that couldn't take too long.
>>
>>382797357
>game was announced 2 years ago
>we haven't heard any news from Capcom whatsoever about what the game looks like, what's changed or how far long it's in development
>yeah bro but Claire's old VA who's not affiliated with Capcom in any way said she hasn't been hired for it

Okay
>>
>>382797552
Glad we agree.
>>
>>382797438
According to Wikipedia, Remake 1 began development in 2001 at the start of a new console generation and released in 2002. Capcom must just be really committed in pumping out shit DLC for the exercise in mediocrity that was Resi 7.
>>382797990
I wasn't hired to voice act any characters in Remake 2 either, anon. Is this news? Retard
>>
>>382794495
After they saw how well RE7 did they cancelled it and are remaking it in the style of 7, probably with VR too.

In other words, RIP REmake 2
>>
>>382798091
>I wasn't hired to voice act any characters in Remake 2 either, anon. Is this news? Retard
No, because you're a nobody.
>>
>>382798091
stop shitposting
>>
>>382798229
And you're also a nobody but with a considerably smaller IQ
>>
>>382797438
Only if you use the same engine, code and logic as in the original, which Capcom is NOT doing. They're literally doing everything from scratch, and also most likely expanding & changing bits and pieces there and here, just like in case of REmake.

We're talking about Black Mesa -level re-creating a classic title here, not a Halo-remaster type HD re-release.
>>
>>382798338
I have a bigger dick though.
>>
>>382798353
>being this much a Capcom apologist

They must be sweating from all of those updated pre-rendered backgrounds they have to reproduce. It'll take them another 5 years at least!
>>
>>382798537
I doubt they would be using pre-rendered backgrounds in the new game though, back then it looked impressing but these days any decent 3D model will look just as good by a fraction of the price.
>>
File: re zero hd 1.jpg (417KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
re zero hd 1.jpg
417KB, 1920x1080px
>>382798537
>stating facts makes me an apologist
Yeah, you kids have seriously too used to ready-made world these days.

Still, you just named one of the many challenges they are facing now. Not only will they have to re-model, texture and even animate 100s of original areas again, but potentially another hundred or two brand new sections + the FMVs as well. Then there's the real-time models and effects, all the audio, etc.

If you only got a small skeleton team to work on a project of such magnitude, it will take some time. No matter if you have a pre-made game to work as an example and inspiration.

>>382798793
I wholeheartedly disagree. RE0 HD is a fine example of pre-rendered still working great if you do it right.
>>
>>382799040
>RE0 HD is a fine example of pre-rendered still working great if you do it right

I don't think you understand what I said, pre-rendered stuff is expensive to make because they have to make each frame individually, they could make a single decent 3D model with some different camera positions and achieve the same with less money, they did this back then because it looked a lot better but nowadays there's hardly any difference in visuals, RE0 HD had the original pre-rendered background upped in resolution, they didn't make those from scratch.
>>
>>382795987
>It was announced over 2 years ago and there hasn't even been so much as a shitty work in progress shot, concept art or any meaningful news about how it's going to differ or improve on the original game. Nothing.
Literally means absolutely nothing. It was a game filled with pre-rendered backgrounds, and technically very simplistic compared to modern games.
>>
I got the two HD remakes in this steam sale and I love them both, I already own 4, 5 and 6. Would you guys recommend Revelations? What kind of player does it cater to?
>>
>>382799040
>Yeah, you kids have seriously too used to ready-made world these days.

No, making disingenuous comparisons to fanmade projects like Black Mesa and trying to make it out to be some gargantuan project that'll have to be worked on for 5 years minimum by a full team at Capcom before we even hear a word about it is what makes you look like an apologist.

Resi 2 can be beaten in an hour and a half if you know what you're doing. They're not remaking fucking FFVII or building an entirely new game out of nothing. The environments are small and cramped, the framework for the game has already been there for decades. Monsters, characters, what order the game progresses. Everything. And like what's already been discussed, Remake was conceived and produced in 2 years at the start of a console generation 15 years ago. What's their excuse now?
>>
>>382799383
>pre-rendered stuff is expensive to make because they have to make each frame individually
Have you ever even opened a 3D modeling and animating program? Jesus fuck, it's not 1990 anymore.
>>
Good riddance
>>
>capcom
>>
File: 1482938258344.gif (401KB, 336x256px) Image search: [Google]
1482938258344.gif
401KB, 336x256px
>No RE2 Remake.
>No No a Hero.
>No RE7 DLC.
>No RE Outbreak Remaster
>The shitty RE movies are getting rebooted.
>RE will probably go back to being horrible shit action games.

Just fuck me up senpai.
>>
>>382799724
I personally wouldn't recommend Revelations, but do recommend Revelations 2
>>
>>382795987
Eat shit and die you little cock sucking Gen Z toddler son of a whore bastard fagglet.
You subhuman little shits always want everything NOW THIS INSTANT. Subhuman iPhone generation. If you can't wait for a game 3+ years you need to remove yourself from the gene pool.
Do it now. Kill yourself.
>>
>>382794495
>was it cancelled?
god i hope so
>>
>>382795987
That's because the Japanese actually care about the quality of their work.
>>
>>382795987

>It was announced over 2 years ago

They literally announced it the second it was greenlit and they only had a logo and a T-shirt to show.

Stop being a little bitch. Games take years, who would've thunk.
>>
>>382802943
Sure, it's that the japanese care and not that they're forced to work like slaves.
CDPR is the shining beacon of game development in europe, and it's because they work their employees like slaves.
Coincidence? I don't think so. That's why the WORST cultures produce the best vidya.
>>
>>382803770
>They literally announced it the second it was greenlit and they only had a logo and a T-shirt to show.
Weren't they forced to announce it after blocking that fan-made remake? I wouldn't be surprised if they literally started making remake themselves because of it.
>>
>>382795987
REmake was also a much smaller game made on a lower budget. The backgrounds were prerendered static images in the vein of old-school RE games, the RE2 remake will be fully 3D.

So yes, creating interactive landscapes and stages will add a year or two or three onto development time
>>
File: Updated shitpost.png (3MB, 2508x2828px) Image search: [Google]
Updated shitpost.png
3MB, 2508x2828px
>>382801671
Better an action game than a shit horror game that doesn't even feel like Resident Evil
>>
>>382804786
Man its just getting boring now.
I have no idea why anyone is still taken this bait.
>>
>>382804786
I love it when bait calls itself out in its own filename, I really do.
>>
>>382795808
Not him but many expansions/etc are still genuine, it's usually Day One content and smaller add-ons that were sliced out.
>>
>>382802102
t. grandpa
>>
>>382804786
>i agree with most opinions from the main series (besides 5-6
code veroncia its a spinoff you retard
>>
>>382805339
you really think games like battlefield , cod , gears of war , take years to make 4 maps?
or that games that are 20 hours long (lets say witcher for example)
take 2 years to make a fucking 2 hour dlc?
>>
>>382804932
>>382805204
I just call it that because everybody kept calling the original a shitpost. Those are my honest to God thoughts on the series
>>382805582
CVX was a originally meant to be RE3, and has more importance to the plot than RE4, and 5 is a direct sequel to it rather than 4, as 5 continues the story of CVX
>>
>>382805826
so shit taste then, gotcha
>>
>>382806090
Shit taste is thinking VII was a good main series RE game
>>
File: PREV_RECV_1.jpg (259KB, 1108x1400px) Image search: [Google]
PREV_RECV_1.jpg
259KB, 1108x1400px
>>382805826
>CVX was a originally meant to be RE3
dont remember that part (and i got a dreamcast for this page)
i don't disagree , fuck i prefer if CV was mainline and 4 spinoff , maybe we would have been saved from 4-5-6
not that 3 and CV weren't action oriented already
>>
File: Im redfield.png (241KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
Im redfield.png
241KB, 500x283px
God I hope not, I want to see my wiafu again.
>>
>>382806184
>n-no u
>>
>>382806239
The whole deal was Sony wanted 3 main RE games for the Playstation, and CVX was already being developed for better hardware as RE3. Jill was added into RE Nemesis, which got its name changed to RE3 and RE CV became RE CV for the Dreamcast.
>>382806371
You never said anything to refute other than 'shit taste'. You could've been talking about the movies, Outbreak, Gaiden, maybe you didn't like 3 or maybe you thought VII was the best game in the series. You never elaborated
>>
Best RE girl coming through
>>
>>382794495
Wait for the TGS.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.