[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one of them is the iconic face of tf2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

Which one of them is the iconic face of tf2?
>>
soldier
>>
>>382788059
Spy
>>
Heavy and Spy, I'd say.
>>
>>382788059
All of the classes seem pretty iconic to me, which is pretty impressive.
>>
>>382788059
Mostly Heavy, for his dialogue.
>>
It's obviously Heavy. It probably should be Scout though because he's the "standard" class.
>>
>>382788059
Heavy then Spy. See pic related.
>>
>>382788763
But spy is much bigger.
>>
>>382788059
>heavy
Old TF2, he was front and center on the art of the Orange Box and TF2 when it wasn't F2P

>soldier
New TF2, since he was the most use for those wacky Gmod vids (Eltoro, Rubberfruit and PAINIS)

>scout
Current TF2, he's the only voice actor that is still active and engaging the community, he still does Twtich streams where he reads lines as scout, including OW lines. Shits great.

I won't like, I like all TF2s.
I know it's an extremely unpopular opinion but the community was always magical and charming to me.
I lost my faith for a while but OW showed how bad things could me, and made me more grateful for what I still have.
>>
>>382788059

b4nny
>>
File: 1479060455690.jpg (816KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1479060455690.jpg
816KB, 2560x1440px
Heavy and Soldier tend to trend the most. Heavy for being on all the promo stuff, and Soldier just in general for all his use in fanstuff, promotional tieins, etc.

That said, all 9 are pretty well-designed. Nothing too over-the-top like if they were designed by Nomura, it's very plain, but it's utilitarian and you could easily pick them out in a crowd shot. That's some master class design work.
>>
>>382788895
The heavy grasps your eye much more.
>>
>>382789304
Someone will inevitably post the all hats silhouette picture, despite that proving this further because it shows its easy to identify each class by nothing but their legs.
>>
>>382789576
Or just general body type and gameplay pose.

Honestly, the biggest sin of cosmetics is how much it obscures color recognition, especially for characters that already have a lot of neutral colors in their base design like Heavy.
>>
>>382788059
>>
>>382788895
Not where it counts. ;)
>>
Hard to say. They are all iconic.
>>
File: 1454092115254.jpg (12KB, 296x296px) Image search: [Google]
1454092115254.jpg
12KB, 296x296px
>>382788895
>Heavy is layered in the front of everybody, making him automatically the first to be notice.
>Also is the only one firing something on screen, let alone a fucking minigun, rather than just posing in the background.
>If you count his minigun and it's shots being fired, it takes up more space on the screen than the spy.
He is just more noticeable and there is nothing to argue against it.
>>
Anyone here played Team Fortress 2 Classic?

Take a look at dis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPdIf1JbvDk
>>
All of them except for demoman
>>
>>382791893
I haven't been on for over a year. I was making a map Runescape theme map called ctf_CastleWars, but I thought people stopped playing TF2C so I never finished it. Are people joining back in?
>>
>>382790072
Fuck off Scout, it's big enough for your mum's enjoyment.
>>
>>382793247
Not really, it's still pretty quiet. We might see more interest when they finish the Espionage game mode and the Pyro update rolls around, though.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.