[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /v/ think of the Dead Space trilogy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: ds_pack.jpg (81KB, 380x509px) Image search: [Google]
ds_pack.jpg
81KB, 380x509px
What does /v/ think of the Dead Space trilogy?
>>
1 set the standard, 2 built off of it, 3 flopped because of resident evil 5/6 syndrome. Games were good but 3 could have been a lot better.
>>
Extraction is an underrated gem.
Too bad the DLC for 2 never got released on PC.

>captcha: drive faggoters
>>
I liked the first two Dead Space games. I tried playing the third but the opening of the game was some pretty mediocre cover based shooting against human enemies and so I dropped it almost immediately and never went back.
>>
There's no dead space 3
>>
>>382786005
The first two are very fun third-person shooter murder romps with excellent atmosphere and art direction, the third one on the other hand is a key example of how executive meddling can ruin games that already had a solid formula
>>
>>382786231
This is exactly what happened to me as well.
>>
The first two games are amazing and classics.

I hope they remaster them soon.
>>
>>382788923
It's a terrible dead space game, but if you think of it as a spin-off co-op shooter, it can be pretty fun.
>>
its dead and a waste of space
>>
>DS3 is a bad game, and not just a bad DS game

I'm constantly baffled by this opinion. Anyone who thinks this probably has such unrealistic standards, they should probably find a different hobby.
>>
>>382787196
my nigga

dead space 3 doesnt exist in my eyes
>>
File: neverforget.jpg (132KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
neverforget.jpg
132KB, 1024x576px
>>382786005
>2 months later and it's still funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDTY9T6HqNY
>>
I hope everyone from EA gets killed
>>
>>382787196
/thread
>>
File: Ellie.jpg (94KB, 740x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ellie.jpg
94KB, 740x600px
>>
>>382786005
The dark souls of sci-fi horror
>>
File: Brethren_moons_arrive_on_Earth.png (503KB, 998x504px) Image search: [Google]
Brethren_moons_arrive_on_Earth.png
503KB, 998x504px
>>382786005
I really absolutely love how they essentially torched the setting with the Awakened DLC. A few hours of nonstop mind rape and BAM, here's the extinction of humanity and all the previous games might as well not have happened.

Seems like Visceral's final middle finger against EA for killing off the franchise with their idiotic microtransactions and forced multiplayer nonsense and unrealistic sales expectations.
>>
>that ishimura section in dead space 2
>>
>>382791624
>The dark souls of sci-fi horror
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>382793560
I doubt that anon has even played dark souls or dead space so I'm sure he doesn't know what the fuck he means.
>>
1 and 2 are great single player games, 3 is the best coop game to exist
>>
File: pCsGXYc.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
pCsGXYc.gif
2MB, 640x360px
Not even joking when I say Dead Space 1 and 2 are the greatest games ever made.
Nothing can compare in terms of quality.
Dead Space 3 was a fucking disaster though
>>
>>382786005
1. Horror done right
2. Got infected due to the coop and too many action scenes
3. The infection fuck everything up giving us a piece of crap diseased 3rd person generic shooter.
4. Extraction is that child who carried his father's memory while his old man degenerated into madness.

PS: Lexine Murdoch is waifu tier
>>
mediocre
>>
>>382786005
It's good, it deserved a 4th game.
>>
Best missions
DS1 : The Valor ship and the twitchers
DS2: Return to the Ishimura ship
DS3 : eh?
>>
File: 1498165306593.jpg (18KB, 451x451px) Image search: [Google]
1498165306593.jpg
18KB, 451x451px
>>382791467
>Take a great cool character then turn her into a useless bimbo.
Is this that sexism thing feminists wont shut up about?
>>
>>382786005
Dead Space told an excellent story, had great tension, flipped the idea of who the main character was supposed to be (engineer vs space marine #675) and brought 3rd person shooters back from the dead.
Dead Space 2 expanded the scope of the games from the first while losing some tension but gaining more action in exchange.
Fuck EA.
>>
1 is great.
2 is great enough.
Extraction is the only rail shooter I ever enjoyed. 3 is an abortion. Especially once you get on the planet.
>>
>>382794724
>DS3

Ironically, the DLC.
>>
>>382791467
What's wrong with your FAAAAAAAAACE
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.