[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would /v/ save rhythm games in a Western market?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: ddr_supernova_08.jpg (422KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ddr_supernova_08.jpg
422KB, 640x480px
How would /v/ save rhythm games in a Western market?
>>
Release console versions of the arcade games. I can't live off the ps2 ones forever
>>
>>382784334
I wouldn't. Last time rhythm games becane big in the West we got endless GH and RB rehashes that killed the genre. Keep it in Japanese arcades and just import various machines to Western arcades.
>>
>>382784334
You don't. Bamani games are already fucking great and have a good position in Japan. Enthusiast overseas fans can buy arcade-quality controllers and use them on very good PC simulators with the exact same songs as arcade or even use arcade data itself with the right hookups.

Trying to popularize non-DDR Bemani games in the West would result in a far weaker song selection due to licensing/Westernization and it would also result in Konami going after Bemani aracde data, fan severs, and possibly even simulators and controller sellers.

What Konami should do is license out the Japanese cabs to certain arcades and leave the games as is. They already do it with a few Round 1s in the West but they could expand it even more.
>>
>>382784334

There's no need, there's plenty of Guitar Hero streamers and osu! is pretty much the biggest competitive rhythm game globally
>>
>>382784334
How do normies have fun playing Just Dance? I was at a party and it was on the wii and all I did was wiggle it to the beat without moving my body and got the highest score. There's literally no skill involved with the game.
>>
>>382784952
Osu is great since it acts as a filter for all the Reddit fags and other weeaboo plebs that want to get into rhythm games.
>>
>>382785005
They just like to dance. My girlfriend plays it every day for a "workout". I don't mind watching. But it is incredible how many bitches own a Wii and their entire library consists of dancing games.
>>
>>382785139

>game ran by australian shitposters and funded by player donations is somehow weeaboo

Wew lad

I'd like to see you S-rank anything past 4* fuckboy
>>
>>382785363
I play DDR because I can mix in movements of dancing and it's a game that takes a lot of time and effort to get good at. Whereas Just Dance requires you to vaguely get the gestures of the song right and there's no difficulty options. Why play a rhythm game that doesn't challenge you? I guess it's just extreme casual fun. Sad that Western rhythm games have come to this.
>>
>>382784334
by mixing rhythm into other genres
>>
>>382786058

>that feel when rhythm racing games are a thing
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.