[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metroid VS Castlevania

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: Metroid-vs-Castlevania-2.jpg (90KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid-vs-Castlevania-2.jpg
90KB, 630x420px
>What does Metroid have over Castlevania?
>What does Castlevania have over Metroid?
>Favorite game from both series?
>Better series overall?
http://www.strawpoll.me/13353628
>>
Slightly better presentation overall and more originality.
More varied combat and good games overall.
Super/Symphony
>Better series overall?
Castlevania
>>
Super Metroid is my favourite Metroid game, which Castlevania should i start with?
>>
>>382782028
Circle of the Moon. It's where I started, and SM is my favorite game too. CotM is fantastic and I thought SoTN level design was poor.
>>
File: 71850_front.jpg (193KB, 640x574px) Image search: [Google]
71850_front.jpg
193KB, 640x574px
Thoughts on pic related?
>>
Platforming
Combats
Super/SOTN
>Better series overall?
None. Taking only 2D Metroids and Igavanias, both series still remained very good.
>>
>>382782674
Combats and soundtrack*
>>
>>382782028
Symphony of the Night
the combat isn't as well balanced as in most other castlevanias, it's either too easy of too hard, but it's probably the best exploration-adventure rpg ever.
>>
File: 1497401581213.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1497401581213.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
In my opinion, better atmosphere and a better sense of accomplishment when getting items/overcoming certain obstacles and better challenge. Also I like Samus more as a character and someone to play as. I love Alucard and the other MCs in Castlevania but Metroid just has a little bit more to it for me. I also feel Metroid has a better sense of control.
Probably more stuff to do in the games as opposed to Metroid, there's RPG mechanics and more abilities that change up the game just a little bit more. Also the setting is somewhat more interesting though that's polarizing for me since I love Metroid's setting as well.
For Metroid that's really difficult since I love a lot of the games. My top 3 are Super, Zero Mission and Prime but if I were to pick one of them I'd have to go with Zero Mission. For Castlevania, if we're talking Classic I'd go with Super Castlevania 4. For Metroidvania I pick either Symphony of the Night or Order of Ecclesia
>Better series overall?
They're both some of my favorite series of games but Metroid wins by a landslide. It's probably because I have more nostalgia for the series but everytime I go back to some of the games it feels like I'm playing it for the first time again. Coupled with how cool I find Samus and how the game feels to me, it just feels perfect.

Off the topic of the questions I'm really looking forward to Samus Returns
>>
I could never really get into the SotN. The RPG mechanics seemed to go against Metroid's progression system and the level design seemed weak in comparison. I love Metroid and I enjoyed the classic Castlevanias a lot, which is why it felt weird that I couldn't enjoy SotN. Are any of the later SotN-style Castlevanias better?
>>
>>382782434
It's the best post-classicvania Castlevania. The reuse of assets might leave a bad taste in your mouth however.
>>
Doesn't rely on RPG elements that are mostly badly implemented.
Better bosses, more gameplay variety.
Super Metroid, either Circle of the Moon or Aria of Sorrow thou I honestly prefer Super CV4
>Better series overall?
Metroid, but both are up there

On a side note, if any of you are into boardgames, that fan made Castlevania one is rather fun.

>>382782434
All 3 DS Castlevanias are phenomenal, PoR is no exception. Can't comment much on it since it has been quite a few years since I last played it.
>>
File: 1498844463710.jpg (809KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1498844463710.jpg
809KB, 900x900px
>>382780106

New games.
>>
File: 3a9.png (141KB, 218x284px) Image search: [Google]
3a9.png
141KB, 218x284px
>>382785667
>yfw we can actually say this now
>>
File: Aliens Infestation NDS.jpg (93KB, 640x579px) Image search: [Google]
Aliens Infestation NDS.jpg
93KB, 640x579px
>>382780106
this is better
>>
Metroid has more memorable bosses, level design, progression and better 3D games. Castlevania, however, has better music, combat, and setting.

Favorite 2D Metroid is Fusion
Favorite Castlekino is SotN
Prime tops both
>>
Which version of SoTN should I emulate?
>>
>>382786407
Fan translated PSX.
>>
>>382786025
Hahahaha, no.
>>
>>382786501
>fan translated
>he doesn't want the original kino voices
FAGGOT
>>
>>382786690
As much as I love the original dub voices, the dialogue is stupidly better with the patch.
>>
I actually love LoD and C64
>>
>>382780106
I see a lot of talk about the 2d Castlevania but basically none about the 3D games. Do they all suck? What do Castlevaniafags consider to be the best 3D Castlevania game?
>>
>>382787514
>tfw there's good chance of LoD being on the N64 classic mini
>>
>>382788038
LoD is the only good 3D Castlevania
>>
>>382788114
speaking of n64 mini, I hope they don't mess up the N64 emulation like on Wii U VC, compared to Wii VC
>>
>>382780106
Translates tp 3D significantly better
More easily reproducable, allows more games to be made while retaining high quality replayability.
Probably Fusion, which I completely admit is NOT the best metroid game (prime is, followed by super) but I just have a soft spot for it personally.
Favorite castlevania is Dracula's Curse, which is at the very least still a top 3 CV.
>Better series overall
Castlevania, but Prime 1 is a better game than anything in the entire castlevania series
>>
>>382788038
Most people seem to hate it, but I actually really enjoyed Curse of Darkness.
>>
File: ds castlevania.png (392KB, 753x224px) Image search: [Google]
ds castlevania.png
392KB, 753x224px
I tried all 3 of these games and they are all dreadful.

However guacamelee and hollow knight are both very good.
>>
>>382789047
>hollow knight
played right now at the SGDQ
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.