[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was in the right here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

File: 1499091133578.jpg (60KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
1499091133578.jpg
60KB, 500x411px
Who was in the right here?
>>
Be more original faggot, we had this thread yesterday

No upboats here my friend, it's of no use to you to restart old threads
>>
>>382775693
Potion seller

any good RPGs where you have to argue your way into getting good stock to buy?
>>
The knight was wrong. He was clearly not powerful enough for the potions he was asking for
>>
>>382775894
Who are you to decide that?
Obviously the potion seller was wrong, why the does he care about the strength of the traveler? Maybe the traveler had other intentions for those potions? It's not even his responsibility to worry about what happens to the traveler.
>>
>>382776167
Right. His job was to sell potions. Nothing more nothing less
>>
>>382776167
Imagine if you went to the doctor and demanded their strongest medicine. Do you think the doctor would put you into chemotherapy because you said you wanted strong medicine?
>>
>>382775693
It's clear the warrior's attack range was baby shit because he's unfunded so a high attack potion like that would be wasted on him. Doesn't even have a party set up, either.
>>
>>382776317
If the knight took a potion he was too weak for and died, he'd have 1 less customer. If got around, people would blame him for selling things to someone that couldn't handle it and he may lose more customers since there's this thing called accountability
>>
me
>>
>>382776167
The knight will die upon consumption of potion seller's strongest potions. Having a reputation of having your products kill the consumer rather than helping is bad for business and potion seller understands this.

It's unfortunate for the knight that he has no idea of the type of potion he is fit for, otherwise potion seller would probably be a very reasonable man.
>>
>>382775693
I don't know who those are.
>>
>>382776564
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_FQU4KzN7A
>>
>>382776515
It's the potion seller's job to know potions, not the knight's. Instead of insulting the knight, he should have made recommendations. OBVIOUSLY the knight shouldn't be given something strong enough to kill a dragon, it's the potion seller's job to sell him something suited for a knight.
>>
A common knight is still in probably pretty good shape, and these potions would fucking kill him.

Who the fuck is potion seller's clientele? There can't be enough 'strongest warriors in the land' to keep him in business. Potion Seller should have a side business for regular fags like the knight.
>>
>>382776592
Why was this guy unable to do this without laughing? What's the joke?
>>
>>382776763
muscle wizards
>>
>>382776662
That may be, but the potion seller had repeatedly told the knight that the strongest potions he had available would kill him, but the knight had persisted on asking potion seller for the strongest potion. Perhaps potion seller had become irritable after having the same question asked of him several times, of which he had to give the same answer.

The knight should invest some of his gold into an alchemy book to have a better idea of what he needs, it will save him money, time, and embarrassment in the future.
>>
>>382775693
The potion seller was exercising his third amendment rights. DON'T TREAD ON ME
>>
>>382776564
lurk moar
>>
>>382776460
He wasn't willing to sell him the potions in the first place, so he wasn't even a customer.

I guess he was afraid of the knight making a bad rep by dying to his potion, but then again he could've capitalized on the thing with "Prepare to Die" style marketing to the hardcore audience.
>>
>>382776662
>It's the potion seller's job to know potions, not the knight's
>walk into doctor
>GIVE ME YOUR STRONGEST DRUGS
>well sir what do you need the drugs for-
>YOUR STRONGEST DRUGS, DRUG SELLER
>I mean what do you want treated, these things can be dangero-
>I WON'T ACCEPT ANYTHING LESS THAN YOUR STRONGEST DRUGS. IT IS YOUR JOB TO KNOW DRUGS, NOT MINE

This is how ridiculous you sound. I really wish the KIDF would just fuck off
>>
>>382776763
Maybe the knight is actually some weak-ass bitch that couldn't handle even weak potions, but who thinks he's the hottest shit around.

The potion seller saw through this facade instantly, and refuses to be even partially responsible for the guys death, so refuses to sell him potions.
>>
>>382776792
Well, the camera effect that he has allows him to make some pretty goofy faces. Probably upon seeing himself in the feedback of the camera he saw how fucking silly his face looked and couldn't help but chuckle and laugh, that combined with him having fun recording it turned the whole performance into a powerful video in which we see a knight get his hopes and dreams crushed by a potion seller who is trying to explain to this dense man that he is too weak, and his potions are too strong.

Also, watch the video a couple times and pull out some meaning from it yourself. It's better that way
>>
Can someone give me a quick rundown?
>>
>>382777696
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvCdB5gcmhQ
>>
>>382777114
>own store that sells shit to all manner of beings
>human walks in and says he wants the best thing you have
From here you have two choices:
>assume he meant "the best thing for a human" because he's a fucking human
>interpret him 100% literally and assume he meant the best item you have in stock which literally has 0 use whatsoever human hands

The potion seller is an autist.
>>
>>382777921
>"the best thing for a human"
Yeah but the best thing for doing fucking what?
The knight never actually says what kind of potion he wants. It could be a strength potion or an invisibility potion or a potion of skub resistance.
Is Potion Seller just supposed to read his mind or something?
>>
If you walk into a doctor's office and ask for the strongest pulls he's got the conversation is likely to be very similar. Knight was on the wrong here for being naive and arrogant. Potion seller could have benefited from handling the situation more delicately however his short temper did not cause any real issue.
>>
>>382778095
>t could be a strength potion or an invisibility potion or a potion of skub resistance.
>Is Potion Seller just supposed to read his mind or something?
That wasn't even the problem the potion seller had with the order, so it's not even relevant to the discussion. Regardless, that problem could be solved by simply asking what type of potion he wanted or for what purpose he wished to use it -- something any reasonable shopkeep would have asked right off the bat.
>>
>>382775693
Unfunny Reddit shit.
>>
I think both are to blame. Potion Seller for losing his cool almost instantly, and Knight for being an idiot.
>>
>>382775693
What games let me play as an alchemist
>>
>>382777114
This, the potion seller sounds like a good doctor that's putting the wellbeing of the knight in priority instead of profit.
>>
>>382778625
Atlier Totori series has great alchemy
>>
>>382778625
Literally Skyrim
>>
File: 13642395828.jpg (84KB, 533x700px) Image search: [Google]
13642395828.jpg
84KB, 533x700px
>>
>>382775693
the potion seller doesn't act like he wants to run a business so he's wrong by virtue of being an idiot
>>
I hope Bethesda puts a nod to this in TES VI.
>>
>>382778565
But the potion seller losing his cool didn't do anything. Meanwhile, the foolishness of the knight could get himself killed. As messy as the situation was handled on both sides, the result is that the knight must go to a seller of weaker potions and is thus safer. No real harm as been done, especially no harm done by the potion seller
>>
>>382779046
>VI
Don't you mean the next re-release of Skyrim?

Why would you make a new game when you can just repackage the old one and sell it forever?
>>
why couldnt the potion seller just give him a weak as fuck potion and lie about it's quality to get the knight to fuck off? both parties win in this situation

the knight is just innocently coming up to the potion seller trying to make a purchase but the potion seller has to be a fuck
>>
>>382776494
(You)
>>
>>382775693
What has Andy Murray done wrong now?
>>
>>382779294
I fucking hate the Playstation 4 and Xbox One so much. The amount of remaster is insane and Bethesda isn't likely to put out a new Elder Scrolls until the next generation. We not only have unnecessary remasters of Skyrim, now we'll have another full price rerelease for the VR meme.

FUCK Remasters.
>>
>You're 100% going to die in battle
>May as well go for the strongest potion to try and win, and even if it kills you then you were going to die anyway
>Refuses to sell the Knight the potion
Literally makes no sense. Like refusing to perform risky surgery on someone with terminal cancer.
>>
>>382775693
Realistically, the knight needed the potions for the battle, he was going to die either way if he wasn't strong enough. Why the potion seller wouldn't at least give him a chance is beyond me. Better yet, give him a weak potion and simply pretend it's his strongest.
>>
>>382776320
Doctor's have to swear an oath to do no harm, giving you stronger medicine would break that oath. A potion seller is only in it for money.
Obviously, the potion seller didn't want his reputation tarnished by a lowly knight who killed himself with HIS potions
>>
>>382775693
His other videos are better/more artistic.
>>
>>382779412
>potion fails to help knight sufficiently in battle
>potion sellers reputation for having the strongest potions is trashed
>>
>>382779516
>Bethesda isn't likely to put out a new Elder Scrolls until the next generation.
What makes you say that? Skryim came out 5 years into the console generation, and 2 years before the current one started.
>>
File: janitors_doing_their_job_7.png (302KB, 1080x880px) Image search: [Google]
janitors_doing_their_job_7.png
302KB, 1080x880px
Global Rule 10: No spamming or flooding of any kind. No intentionally evading spam or post filters.

I was banned once for "spamming/flooding" when I posted an image 25 days after the last time it had been posted. If that qualifies as "spamming/flooding", then posting an image every day certainly also qualifies.
>>
>>382775693
easy, it's just like when you try to buy consumables you're too low level to use in an MMO. Potion Seller was in the right.
>>
>>382779942
>HURR DON'T HAVE FUN!!!
Go away
>>
The potion seller was in the wrong.

As a salesman, part of the potion seller's job is present a product that is fitting for the customer, which the potion seller failed to do. While the potion seller as a salesman has every right to deny anyone to purchase his goods if he so desires, the potion seller behaved unprofessionally and had an unnecessarily rude demeanor towards the traveller. The traveller held the belief that the potion seller's strongest potions would be the ideal purchase for him and he was outright denied purchase based on sight alone, which made the traveller reasonably upset. And although it can be argued that the traveller should have asked why he was being denied, the potion seller should have been much more assertive and given the traveller more insight as to why the potions were too strong for him. Had the potion seller been more clear about this, the argument would have ended much sooner and both of them could have carried on with their respective business.
>>
He's going into battle, and knows that the potion seller's product will kill him. Despite this, he continues to ask for the potions. The only explanation for this is that the Knight wishes to kill himself as he believes that the battle is for naught. The Knight is a coward.

The potion seller realizes this and is disgusted. He holds Knights to a higher standard, and besides, if he knowingly passed on, in any way and for any reason, an item which would kill a warrior of the realm, the seller would be tried and hanged.
>>
>>382776460
>people would blame him for selling things to someone that couldn't handle it and he may lose more customers since there's this thing called accountability

nope. Look at barmen, liquor store owners, gun store owners. They remain in business and look at what they're products do.

Theres this thing called personal responsibility
>>
File: 1492460840169.jpg (16KB, 370x427px) Image search: [Google]
1492460840169.jpg
16KB, 370x427px
>>382780220
You go away, OP. Stop shitting up the board with these threads
>>
File: right to refuse service.jpg (260KB, 1024x744px) Image search: [Google]
right to refuse service.jpg
260KB, 1024x744px
The Potion seller can do whatever he wants he has the right to refuse service.
>>
>>382780508
This.
>>
>>382780220
>don't have fun
>fun
>sitting at a computer arguing with random people over whether two fictional characters in a shitty 3 minute video were right or wrong
>fun

I love this le generation
>>
>>382776662

He fuckin' DID make recommendations; go somewhere else.
>>
File: 1498658116789.png (11KB, 393x314px) Image search: [Google]
1498658116789.png
11KB, 393x314px
>>382780540
>>382780667
>STOP HAVING FUNNN!!!1 ONLY I AM ALLOWED TO HAVE FUNNN!!!!!!!11
kys
>>
>>382780821
again
>fun

I think YOU need to kys you gay mong
>implying this gay shit is fun
fuckin idiot
>>
File: 1498334267478.jpg (85KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1498334267478.jpg
85KB, 640x640px
>>382781158
>I DECIDE WHAT'S FUN AND WHAT'S NOTTT!!1
>>
>>382780821
to-NIIIIIIIIGHHHHHHHHHHH-IIGGHHHHHH-IIGGHHHH

YOOOUUUU
ARE
GAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY-AAAYYYYY
>>
>>382781385
>I THINK ITS FUN THEREFORE EVERYONE HAS TO ENJOY IT

no
>>
File: 1488473492539.jpg (11KB, 247x249px) Image search: [Google]
1488473492539.jpg
11KB, 247x249px
>>382781594
>37 POSTERS
>EVERYONE IS HAVING FUN EXCEPT TWO WHINY FAGGOTS
>>
File: it's the conway boy.png (840KB, 1358x662px) Image search: [Google]
it's the conway boy.png
840KB, 1358x662px
>>382780540
ah yes, let's have more generals instead!!!!!
think before you type next time
>>
>>382775868
mick and ralphs in new vegas
>>
>>382781686
how do you know they're having fun?
>>
>>382781686
>>382781986
>needs me to bump his shit boring thread
so much for fun anon :/
>>
>>382778625

Grimrock 2
>>
>>382779790
agreed; his stuff is actually pretty genius.
he uses the camera filters to sell the character more and I think that's incredible.

Even though we've got a baby....
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.