[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With Pikmin and Metroid coming to the 3DS, every big Nintendo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

File: DSCF6667.0.jpg (272KB, 2040x1360px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF6667.0.jpg
272KB, 2040x1360px
With Pikmin and Metroid coming to the 3DS, every big Nintendo franchise besides Wario Ware has a game on it.

3DS has such a fantastic library.
>>
Oh, and Splatoon of course.
>>
Probably gonna get one next week for my birthday
Should I?
>>
>>382774176
Sure, what games are you interested in?
>>
>>382773926
What are the best 2D games on the 3DS? Not counting VC releases
>>
>>382773926
Library is very mediocre concerning the quality of most individual games. IPs hardly matter when most of the games are not even worth touching.
>>
>>382774302
Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World
Kirby Planet Robobot
Donkey Kong Country Returns
New Super Mario Bros. 2

The demo for Hey Pikmin was pretty fun too.
>>
>>382774251
It's my first Nintendo console., not counting bootleg NES, so I'll get a bunch of Mario, Zelda, Pokémon and other exclusive stuff. Really looking forward to Metroid Samus returns. Other than that a bunch of older DS games I never had the chance to play like Mega Man ZX, and probably emulators.
>>
>>382774483
Yeah returned all of those.

This is more what I'm looking for:
Aliens Infestation
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow(& OoE/PoR)
Contra 4
Radiant Historia
>>
>>382774664
I'd say it's definitely worth getting then. You'll have a lot of great DS and VC games to catch up on too.
>>
>>382774719
Shantae and the Pirates Curse
Shovel Knight
>>
>>382774664
Wait until the 2ds xl is released, that is by far the better console.
>>
Lots of mainstream IP but the quality isn't too hot. DS was still a better console.
>>
>>382774838
>DS was still a better console.

nah. way more quality games on 3DS than DS which consisted of 99% shovelware.
>>
>>382774734
Neato vegito then.
Sadly however I'll have to pirate most if not all of those, money's running tight here and the 3DS itself is already a godsend on its own. Hope I don't fuck it up

>>382774719
>Castlevania DS games
I like you

>>382774819
The New 2DS XL is cheaper, but I think I'd rather keep the 3D functions
>>
>>382774918
Just because it has all the brand name games doesn't mean they're "quality" games.
>>
>>382775049
I hope you at least plan on buying Samus Returns anon
>>
>>382775063
even taking out the shitty 3DS games, it still has a better library than the DS.
>>
>>382775123
Hopefully, I do get that buying new Metroid releases is important to tell Nintendo we want more. Also it'd be nice to have official physical Metroid media
>>
>>382775182
I dont think so officer.
>DQ4,5,6
>Rocket Slime
>Twewy
>Hotel Dusk+Last Window
>EBA
>999
>Okamiden
>Ace Attorney
>Ghost Trick
>PMD Explorers of Sky
>Kirby SSU
>M&L: BiS
>Infinite Space
>FF Tactics A2
Then there's all the Atlus DS games that Atlus literally rehashed over.
>>
>>382774838
This. Funny how if it wasn't for the SMT and EO games I would see no point in keeping my 3DS since I mostly play DS games anyway.
>>
>>382775724
yes, all good games. 3DS just has more and better ones.
>>
>>382773926
Most of the 3DS entries for those series are amongst the worst though.
>>
>>382776313
only Paper Mario SS
>>
>>382776107
Again, disagree. You do have some good sequels like Monhun4U and Animal Crossing NL, but there's alot of sequels that have already been outdone on another console.There are better FE experiences elsewhere, better Pokemon elsewhere, better mario, yoshi, metroid, star fox,DK......

I mean, if you like the series thats great, but you'd be hard pressed to see these on somebody's top 10 unless the 3ds was their first vidya exposure.
>>
>>382773926
Advance Wars
>>
>>382776548
>There are better FE experiences elsewhere, better Pokemon elsewhere, better mario, yoshi, metroid, star fox,DK......

maybe so, but they are all better here than they were on DS.

pokemon on DS was shit
there was no 3D Mario besides the awful 64 remake
there was no Yoshi
there was no Metroid
there was no Star Fox
there was no Donkey Kong besides that shitty Jungle Climber game

and the franchises that did appear on both (2D Mario, FE, Animal Crossing) were vastly superior on 3DS.
>>
>>382776770
Star Fox Command was on DS
>>
>>382776362
And Yoshi's New Island
And Pokemon XY/SM
And Fire Emblem Awakening
And Mario & Luigi Dream Team/Paper Jam
And New Super Mario Bros 2
And Super Mario 3D Land
And Zelda Triforce Heroes
And Metroid Prime Federation Force
And Pikmin 3DS is looking to be the worst Pikmin game yet
>>
>>382776892
totally forgot about that. that's how much of an impression that game left.
>>
>>382776770
That's the thing though, most 3ds games just feel like the publisher went through an obligatory checklist of big names to put onto the console. It's great for younger kids to get exposure but I sure as hell wouldn't reccomend Federation Force over Prime, or Luigi's Mansion 2 over Luigi's mansion 1, or Wooly World over Yoshi's Island.
>>
>>382777018
>And Yoshi's New Island
Yoshi's Island DS

>And Pokemon XY/SM
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Black/White

>And Fire Emblem Awakening
Fire Emblem GBA

>And Mario & Luigi Dream Team/Paper Jam
Partners in Time

>And New Super Mario Bros 2
New Super Mario Bros DS

>And Super Mario 3D Land
Super Mario 64 and Sunshine

>And Metroid Prime Federation Force
All Prime games are as shitty as eachother

>And Pikmin 3DS is looking to be the worst Pikmin game yet
Pikmin 2
>>
>>382777132
I'll give you wooly world but why does everyone hate Luigi's mansion 2? I just beat the game the other day and thought it was great.
>>
>>382777132
The first 2 I agree with but Woolly World is better than Yoshi's Island in every single possible way.
>>
>>382777253
It's not awful, it's just worse than the original.
>>
>>382777018
I wouldn't really compare spin offs like Triforce Heroes and Federation Force to the main series and you're also completely wrong about Mario & Luigi.
>>
>>382777253
because muh portrait ghosts.
>>
>>382777252
While I would disagree with most of what you said, you can't deny that all those games are amongst the worst in their series (even if you argue that they're not the worst). The only great entries the 3DS added to a Nintendo franchise is ALBW and Kid Icarus Uprising.
>>
>>382773926
Who /playingtheir3DSonemoretimeforMetroidandthenthrowingitinthedumpsterwhereitbelongs/ here?
>>
>>382776770
>there was no Yoshi
The problem is that nintendo keeps shoveling him off to shitty developers so I'd say we really haven't had a great yoshi game in forever
>there was no Metroid
And there still isn't on the 3ds, if we can't include remakes then fed force is the only real metroid game that we've gotten and it's absolute shit. Why even mention metroid when the last 10 years or so we've had nothing? They didn't bother to make a metroid game when the ds was out, or when the 3ds first came out. I'm still fucking pissed with them because of this.
>there was no Star Fox
So? They're not exactly trying to break ground with the series. And we've only had a port.
The few 3ds mainline games we have gotten over the years from nintendo aren't that great and for those that we have gotten they're sparse. Lets look at some of those series:
I won't touch DK because it's not worth looking at, it's pretty much a dead series if not for the success of the wii game, what with the only grace on the 3ds is a fucking port.
Mario will never have a solid (except 3d land) game that isn't casual trash or rehash New Super series. The games have gone through a transitional phase of casual shit to hopefully back into the spotlight of quality with odysseys.
F-zero is dead, pikmin is getting a sidescroller 3d game (why), kirby is kirby- you either like it or hate it, any of the other games like pilotwings or the submarine game for the launch are mostly tech demos with nothing of worth to nintendo after launch.
Notice how the actual mainline good games are all now on the switch. That's how much Nintendo gave a shit over the years of their mainline games over the years.
>>
>>382777518
Animal Crossing New Leaf is the best Animal Crossing
Super Mario 3D Land is the best handheld Mario game and one of the best 3D Mario games ever
Samus Returns is looking to be as good as SM/Fusion/ZM
Mario Kart 7 was the best Mario Kart until 8 came along
Kirby Planet Robobot is one of the greatest Kirby games
Super Smash Bros 4 is the best Smash game
All 3 Fire Emblem games are rock solid.

So no, I can't agree.
>>
>>382777561
My 3DS's circlepad broke when I was playing Shadows of Valentia. It's still usable but occasionally it will lock up and I'll have to jiggle it around a bit before it properly works again. So Metroid is probably the last game I'll play for it.

I'm extremely dissapointed with the 3DS. It's the only Nintendo console I've owned that has broken during its lifetime. I still have a Gameboy Color and GBA that work fine and my DS didn't break until a couple years ago (after Nintendo stopped supporting the DS). It's not like I'm rough with any of my consoles either.
>>
>>382776362
Nintenbro
>>
WAHOO
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.