[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Video Game Developer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

File: Meeting.png (432KB, 584x596px) Image search: [Google]
Meeting.png
432KB, 584x596px
Does Kojima even work on his games? All he ever seems to do is have meetings, eat, and watch movies. I get the feeling he deosn't really know anything about making games, and it's his team who do all the work.
>>
>>382769928
It looks like that, yeah, but given his position in the company, all he really does is say what he wants to have in the game and how.

Devs do it, bring it to him, he says whether it is good or not. That's game development, Anon.

He also has to handle the funding side of it, and show PlayStation the advancements the studio is making with the money and time they've been given.
>>
>>382769928
you're one of those retards who keeps pestering him about the game on twitter aren't you?
>>
>expecting anything after the trainwreck of mgs5

lol
>>
He's settling into the new office and going to meetings
>>
So is Kojima literally the "Ideas Guy" on the company?
>>
>>382770096
Nope, I've never said a word to him on twitter
>>
>>382770240
Pretty much. Ideas Guy that meets with PlayStation to show how others have made his ideas into an eventual product.
>>
>>382769928
>Blossom & Bouquet Sandwich
>It's clearly a coffee cup
Even his fucking food is a fraud.
>>
>>382769928
what do you think happens at meetings, anon?
>>
>>382770526
There must be some deeper meaning in the photograph
>>
>Video Game Director

Do you know what a Director is? They provide vision and tell other people to make the games.

He outlines what he wants Death Stranding to be, then ensures other people code it as he wants it.
>>
>>382770628
Dont
>>
>>382769928
Hes the founder of the company. everything and everyone including the progress of his game steps to his fiddle. senior developers and leads usually hold lots of meetings.
>>
>>382769928
Caramel conspiracy posting about phantom sandwiches in 3...2...1...
>>
>>382769928
>All he ever seems to do is have meetings
anon do you know what work is?
>>
>>382769928
>All he ever seems to do is have meetings, eat, and watch movies

Congratulations
You discovered what being a CEO is about
>>
>>382769928
So what kinds of jobs have you had anon, because if its a job with structure even remotely similar to a video game dev, you should understand what Kojima does and why you're a retard.
>>
>>382769928
>work as a cleaner
>six week job
>do it in two
>sit around and play games for four weeks
Too bad Kojima can do it without evading his employers.
>>
>>382769928
>5 lights
>Blossom and Bouquet
>1 coffee and 2 SANDWICHES
Who eat 2nd sandwich?
>>
Wait till the game comes out you morons, we can't get hyped or dissapointed this time
>>
>>382769928
It probably is his team.

I'm willing to bet that Kojima fucking around explains where half the budget and dev time for TPP went.
>>
So. Kojima is really just figurehead, and doesn't do shit. Some fags think he's a god, Hahahahaha
>>
>>382769928
Maybe because all the info you have on him are shit he tweets.
>>
>>382769928
>I get the feeling he deosn't really know anything about making games, and it's his team who do all the work.
No fucking shit, he's the director.
You think the director of a game is supposed to start coding like the hundreds of code monkeys they hire?
Which is funny, because Kojima has actually done some of this work too, he worked on the AI of soldiers in MGS1-3, he worked on modelling the levels of MGS1 and 2, and he was constantly tuning the gameplay of MGSV.
He also made his own scripting engine for Snatcher because the team didn't do exactly what he asked.
Then again, /v/eddit has absolutely no idea of how videogame development works, so this post is pointless.

Kojima is still a talentless hack that has never made a good videogame, though.
>>
It's so stupid how the world kisses Kojima's ass when he's just a retarded fraud
>>
File: 1471674425257.png (949KB, 1656x915px) Image search: [Google]
1471674425257.png
949KB, 1656x915px
Kojima is there so people buy garbage his studio shits out
>>
>>382769928
He is not some programming loser, this nigga work is walking all day and imagenin' shit.
>>
That's what directors and software engineers get to do. Kojima did his time back when he was making Snatcher, Policenauts, and MG1/2.

/v/ has this horrible habit of assuming everyone who isn't a code monkey is just an "ideas guy." Kojima and other seniors have enough experience to plan out extremely important implementation details and keep development running that your average programmer wouldn't know how to approach. The biggest problem with Kojima is that he seems to let the scope of his projects get way out of hand -- back in the PS1/PS2 era that was fine, they had more than enough time to polish the fuck out of games with AI quirks, tight controls, etc. Then MGS4 came up and Kojima just lost his fucking mind trying to cram EVERYTHING into one game.
>>
hes a better programmer than all /v/ combined

>It was hugely frustrating making games at that time for me. I wanted to control everything. So, after the second Metal Gear launched, I developed my own scripting engine and decided to work on adventure games so that I could have complete control over when the animation played or when the music triggered. That's when I developed Snatcher and Policenauts.

how many people on /v/ can code a game by themselves?
>>
>>382769928
>I get the feeling he deosn't really know anything about making games
Programming is the easiest fucking thing on the planet. Software development is 40% planning, 55% problem solving, and 5% actual code implementation.
Why do you think engineers, supervisors, and directors make six figures while code monkeys barely push $40k a year?
>>
>>382770240
The Creative Director is the official name for the 'ideas guy'
>>
Everything people are saying to defend Kojima just proves he's full of shit
>>
Kojima is a genius he can do what he wants
>>
>>382769928
>MGSV says DIRECTED BY HIDEO KOJIMA over 20 billion times (I counted)
>Dumb fucks on /v/ still have no idea what his job is
>>
>>382771189
He's the ideas guy...y'all really don't get that idea guys are real huh? Of course you have to work your way up to that position but it is real.
>>
>>382772496
>He's the ideas guy

>>382771969
>>
>>382772545
Look at the credits you'll see his name next to "idea guy"...
>>
>>382769928
I don't care either way, but do you think they dude would post shit that would reveal things about the game he is working on? If he wants to advertise a game he will use another account that some useless fuck runs.
>>
>>382772634
go on and show me proof.
>>
He's a retard that hasn't done a single fucking thing since MGS 2. MGS V was all his fault, it was his own fucking fault for spending 80 million dollars and wasting 5 years without finishing his own game. Konami was right.
>>
>>382772838
MGS2 was his worst game and a spinoff
>>
>>382769928
I don't think he does, Hideo is the one who invests himself in the making of the games, Kojima is the ideas guy
>>
>>382772838
MGS3 and V were both good
>>
>>382771016
Hideo is still alive?
>>
>>382769928
No, he isn't a coder, a graphics artist or anything like that.

All he does is tell others how he wants it to be.

So he tells the designers to make artwork, he picks the ones he likes and those are passed to the developers to make.

When they finish he tells them how to alter it to fit his vision.

That's all he does pretty much.
>>
>>382773193
Wait who Hideo? Isn't that kojima? the fuck is going on???
>>
>>382769928

This is the game engine you fucking idiot, look at the side of the cup where you can see aberrations.
>>
>>382772838
this. Kojimbo probably squandered money and missed deadlines. fuck both of them. kek
>>
File: 1480775017606.png (63KB, 804x404px) Image search: [Google]
1480775017606.png
63KB, 804x404px
>>382771665
As always, pic related applies, because obese Konami shills have no arguments to defend their turd.
>>
>>382773981
I'm looking forward to it, coop and no kojima buttmad pushing credits every 5 seconds sounds good to me.
>>
>>382774412
Too bad it's based on one of the worst Triple As and maybe the worst open world game ever made.
>>
>>382774412
Oh yeah, a shitty game is sure going to be non-shit because of a co-op mode that will get old in no time.
Hope it flops, MGS deserves to die.
>>
>>382770240
Just as much as a director is the ideas guy for movies. They're responsible for fitting all the pieces together and keeping things cohesive.
>>
Once you reach a high enough position in the software department of any corporation your job will be meetings all day every day.
A guy I know used to work as a code monkey for a bank and after a couple years and like three promotions all he does now is run from meeting to meeting and write word documents
>>
File: 1498914424265.jpg (36KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1498914424265.jpg
36KB, 300x300px
>>382773981
I'm in no way interested in MG survive, but holy fuck all these could've been said about MGSV, save for the primitive weaponry.
>>
his western worship is top cringe now

holy shit have some backbone and represent Asians for once Kojima
>>
>>382775029
And MGSV is an awful videogame that /v/ rightfully spent almost 2 years shitting on it.
>>
>>382775161
Why?
>>
>>382769928
are you basing this on the stuff he posts on twitter, or are you stalking him?

Because he might not constantly post 'today I am going to work', but most people don't.
>>
>>382769928
he hasn't been a game developer for ages. his involvement has been sort of a 'sponsorship' type deal since mgs3, where the team can use his name on the product
>>
>>382769928
>it's his team who do all the work.

Are we forgetting that his team is a group of bumbling retards who couldn't make their own game without him and had to be saved by Platinum?
>>
>>382769928
Now that you say this he does seems like the Donald Trump of video games
>>
>>382772838
>Konami was right.

Regardless of whether you think Kojima was right or wrong, Konami was never right.

There's a reason all their other video game properties were killed off before Metal Gear.

It's not like Konami's decline started with firing Kojima, that was just the final step to kill their presence in the video game market. They had been trending that way for a decade beforehand.
>>
>>382769928
ITT: we have no idea what game directors do
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.