[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fall/War of Cybertron

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

What does /v/ think of these TranformerKINOs? Are they worth buying now?
>>
>>382769798
They're solid 8/10 romps, deffo some of the best games to come out of the west in the last generation.
>>
>>382769798

Played them both and really liked them both.
Got the feeling of classic Transformers with a nice modern touch and a darker tone, without the ridiculous michael bay bullshit.

I wanted to get into Devastation as well but not being able to play as a Decepticon is a real downer for me.
Still, it's currently on sale so i'm thinking of buying it anyway.
>>
Wish the online was still active
>>
War and Fall + the Prime cartoon (which is officially the canon follow-up) is the best G1 reboot with adult fans in mind we'll ever get I think. It's all very good. Fall of Cybertron especially is really great.
>>
>>382773808
>Fall of Cybertron is especially great
"Heed the call of the last prime!" Was pure kino.
>>
>>382773808
The cartoon people kinda threw all the continuity stuff out the window.
>>
There's a lot of talk about the plot, but I also need to mention how GOOD the gameplay is. Transforming feels seamless and is actually useful in combat. I wish FOC kept WFC's lost viking gimmick in the campaign, but it did have improved multiplayer.
>>
>>382775284
Not all. But some, yeah. It was two completely separate teams following the same bible hasbro provided. It would have been nice if everything was tied together super neatly, but at the end of the day I can live with loose continuity when both the games and the show turned out as well as they did.
>>
>>382774634
what about the final mission where you constantly shift between Autobot and Decepticon characters?
>>
>>382775880
not to mention the designs are also pretty damn good

it managed to be grittier while still remaining true to the series (eat shit Bay, this is what your movies should have been)
>>
>>382773515
You should, it's a fantastic game. Annoying you can't play as Starscream or Megs or something, but still fantastic gameplay

If you liked Bayo/MGR then get it
>>
File: Transformers.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Transformers.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>382769798
I must be in the minority, but I thought these games were really mediocre. Besides >>382776146 I can't really say I like anything too much. The combat is serviceable, but the corridor level design just drags down the transformation stuff. It feels like you have points where you shoot and points where you drive, and very little between. They both act like sidegrades to each other, because War has co-op and, in my opinion better levels, while Fall has more variety and a better story. Both have repetitive combat and shit CoD style multiplayer leveling, and Fall commits the cardinal sin of making the Dinobots DLC for Multiplayer. I say you should get them for $20 complete together, no more.

Conversely, my dick was rock hard almost the entirety of Devastation. It's one of the most beautiful games I've ever played and combines transformation, shooting, and melee flawlessly. The combat is almost entirely Bayonetta down to the witch time, but it has a greater emphasis on guns and light crafting elements. It also comes with all the little details and tech like pic related, which just makes it so much fun to replay. It is very short, even for platinum standards, and does the occasional gameplay shift into something lame, but it was never enough to ruin the whole experience. Plus you can play as Nemesis Prime with unique lines. I can't recommend this game enough
>>
>no local co-op
I never got around to actually playing Fall but from what I've seen it's also singleplayer only.

Devastation is great but the loot-grinding really kills it for me. Still the best TF games to ever be made however.
>>
>>382776146
Let me be the first to say that the FoC art book is really really good. Such excellent illustrations and a good handful of designs for characters not even in the games.
>>
>>382777375
FOC had online multiplayer deathmatch and escalation(those L4D survival modes popular back then), but it omitted the drop-in-drop-out co-op WFC had.
>>
Played the hell out of both of them. My only complaint in FoC was that there wasn't an escalation mode where you could play as all the dinobots and duke it out against waves of insecticons.
>>
>>382779290
The lack of local co-op in WfC and it's removal entirely in FoC was disappointing
>>
>>382775880
>lost viking gimmick
Explain?
>>
>>382769798
They're fun, but the singleplayer is really, really fucking short.

Don't know if multiplayer on PC is still active for either one or not, but if not, I wouldn't buy buy fall for $10 US. War for $5 US is acceptable pricepoint though.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.