[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black Desert Online

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

So, how is it?

Last mmorpg I played was GW2 a few years ago and I couldn't get into it.
Is it anything like it?

Is it heavy p2w?

If it's decent, which pack should I buy on Steam?
>>
Well it's a Korean mmo so I'm gonna guess it's shit, also isn't the anti cheat they use super shit?
>>
>Korean MMO
>P2W

Pick two
>>
>>382768609

I read that it's basically a rootkit.
The game looks great and all, but don't know if it's worth it.
>>
you can play it just fine without paying, most if not all of the stuff in the shop is cosmetic
>>
>>382768487
>Not free to play
>likely p2w since its a korean MMO
>poorly optimized

Not worth getting into imo.
>>
>>382768687
I pick the first twice
>>
>>382768487
>Install spyware recording everything you do and sending it to chinks

No.
>>
>>382768609
>>382768805
>>382769367
I kind of wanted to get it just to fuck around with the character creator but this is the main thing putting me off
>>
>>382769367

Hope you never installed a ubisoft and/or EA game in recent years.

I doubt it's that much of a big deal when the game is being sold on steam.
They would never take the risk of a lawsuit of epic proportions because some gooks fucked up.
>>
>>382768487
>Is it heavy p2w?

Yes. At the bare minimum you're going to need pets that loot for you. So about $100.
>>
Ignore the normies.

The game is pretty good for an MMO. No different to how WoW sells their shit but without a sub required.
>>
>>382770702
No, but would anticheat fuckry matter for pirated games? I doubt it would function properly, or at all.
>>
>>382770795
lol no it isn't. All the good looking armor is locked behind cash shop, hell basic gameplay features are locked behind cash shop.
>>
>>382769367
Lol.

Even steam is one huge spyware, that records everything you do. Hell, they even mentioned CS VAC tries to take a record on what websites you visit in the name of "seeing if you have visited cheat loading sites".
>>
>>382768487
No it's fucking awful, just buy legion.
>>
>>382768487

It has some of it's content locked behind paywalls. Namely, a big part of the game is centered around grinding mobs, and looting them takes A LOT of time. Pets loot for you, but you gotta shell out ameribucks to get them.

Also most of the cool armours are worth 20 euro.

Also you'll be grinding A LOT to be competitive in any form.

The combat is still fun as fuck though. I'm 2 months in and enjoying it.
>>
>>382770904
Yeah. Which is why I don't have Steam either.
>>
Combat is good, aesthetic is nice, nothing that special though.
>>
>>382771138
Ok. If I buy the explorer package on steam, will I be good to go?
>>
Played over 4k hours objective opinions incoming.

The only reason I still play this shit p2w garbage is because I have played it enough that I have permavirgin gear and every time I go to nodewars get to 1shot holocaust 1000 nogear steamusers and its fun.

If you pay 8$ and only 8$ and have fun exploring the world (which is fun to explore for the first time) it can be worth it. It is an absolute soulless grindfest full of autism and NEETs on disability but if you ignore them you can get a weeks worth of entertainment out of it.

DO NOT I repeat DO NOT SPEND ANY MORE THAN THAT AND GET SUCKED IN. The game is a giant life ruining korean grindfest moneysink and after 4 months and 400$ you will be like "Yes! I finally have enough gear to sort of compete against long term players!" (but not really they will still rape you) and then want to kill yourself when you finally realize what you have done.

Yes it's pay2win and HEAVILY "pay2convenience" aka pay2progressfasterandeasierandmorecomfortably. The PvP is extremely gear based and non-combat activities are really boring and basically require you to go afk.

Just play wow or xiv or gw2 or something it is not worth seriously investing time into as a new player the only people who have fun are people who have played for a long time and spend all their money.
>>
>>382771443
Yes and no. You get one pet, which will help, for sure. But in theory, you need 4 pets so that you don't miss any loot and can just keep grinding.

(Mind, you can always stop to loot, but that just slows you down in the long run.)
>>
>>382771483
>>382771718

Ok, thanks for the eye-opening info.
Any other game with good graphics, story and character creator you could recommend?
I mainly looked at the game because of these factors, but I am in no mood for an autismal grindfest desu.
>>
>>382771937
To be honest, 7-9 euro is still a good price IMO.

You don't NEED to be competitive in this game. The combat by itself will keep you entertained for a fair amount of time.
>>
30 bucks for the top package is a pretty sick deal. 60 days value pack, horse flute, pet and 2 extra char slots is shit you want eventually anyway.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.