[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dead Cells

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
Why did nobody tell me about this game? I picked it up during the sale and it's probably one the better roguelikes or roguelights or whatever this fucking wave of games coming out is called.

Few indie games have combat this fluid. Shame it's still on Early Access.
>>
>>382760717

No this
http://store.steampowered.com/app/598700/
>>
>>382760717
It's crazy that this is in early access and I've already played 72 hours. I still need to finish hollow knight and horizon zero dawn but anytime I feel like playing games I just keep going back to dead cells.
>>
>>382760717
I've heard a few things about this game but don't know much about it. How early access is it? I'm not a fan of buying half baked games that get dropped
>>
>>382763561
It's playable from start to finish already, you can't really tell what's missing since it's always completely new stuff that gets added.
I'd still recommend waiting because the progression curve might be a lot different at release with all the items, unless you plan on starting again.
>>
>>382764530
Ah ok then. Are the updates fairly frequent? Like maybe this is something to pick up in he winter sale or something
>>
>>382764645
There's been two content updates since the start of EA, each with a sizeable amount of content.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=588650
>>
One of the few games that actually manages to use procedural generation to its advantage instead of as a crutch.
>>
>>382764778
>16 hours in and haven't seen that rapid fire crossbow or shovel weapon yet
I need to stop dropping blueprints
>>
>>382760717
Looks cool but I don't but early access games. It's for losers who want to pay to beta test games for devs like a good goy. Was exited to try out fortnight but just found it was early access as well. Stop this shit already.
>>
>>382764778
Nice, yeah I'll probably look at this again in the fall or winter sale not that I need any more games in my backlog but whatever
>>
These posts look like absolute shilling
>>
>>382765293
What someone shilling early access trash on /v/?!
IMPOSSIBLE
>>
>>382765939
Except it's the best Castlevania in years.

Hollow Knight feels shilled, this deserves at least some discussion.
>>
>>382760717
Idk, I think it's pretty shit. It's just like Rogue Legacy. You're expected to just die repeatedly until you unlock shit over time and then you just dominate stuff until the next roadblock... It's not even really good for a metroidvania type of design because of the procedural generation. No heart or sense of environment in the world. So yeah, not my thing.
>>
>>382766329
You're talking about the loop but not the gameplay itself, which is miles better than Rogue Legacy.
I'd argue that even the roguelike parts are much better, RL has next to no drops and uninteresting level design, everything is decided by the character you start as.
>>
>>382764834
Is there a way to start a new game after dying outside the cell where you get flushed out of a sewer thing? For some stupid reason autism that annoys me
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.