[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a censor thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: LowViolence.jpg (237KB, 920x777px) Image search: [Google]
LowViolence.jpg
237KB, 920x777px
Can we have a censor thread?
>>
did you mean plagiarism?
>>
File: wraith-king.png (69KB, 256x144px) Image search: [Google]
wraith-king.png
69KB, 256x144px
> skeleton king died and never came back for this
>>
>>382751490
XD
>>
I still don't understand the night stalker '""censor""" and why it exists
>>
I understand censorship as the disruption and suppression of creative endeavors (among others). But, what if Dota 2 is not such a thing?

Not meaning to start the discussion of whether video games are art or not. But I'm wondering if you could really say the original models created for the west were Valve's creative objective.

Maybe they were just a collection of ideas and clichés carefully designed to appeal to a majority of westerners, within the limitations of our legal system. And maybe the models for China are also designed to appeal to them, within the limitations of their legal system.

Can you really say it's censorship? It's not like an author that has written a book and it will never be published because the government fears the political implications or whatever. It's just a brand appealing to different consumers.

Would you say newer Pokémon games are censored because their new Pokémon designs are carefully designed to be easily transferable into plushies? Are they auto-censoring? Or have they just always tried to make designs that made them money?
>>
>>382751814
The picture doesn't show it off but at night time, you know how he opens his head and lower jaw? It now acts as a normal mouth and the "split" is just part of this face.
>>
File: CensoredAbilities.png (618KB, 781x524px) Image search: [Google]
CensoredAbilities.png
618KB, 781x524px
>>382752457
These are literally the models in the "low violence" version of DOTA so yes, it is censorship.

Same with these.
>>
>>382752625
What if Valve prefers that version and the "high violence" version is something they had to do to appeal to westerners? How do you know what truly fulfills the creators?
>>
File: LV-nightstalker-prev2.jpg (305KB, 600x527px) Image search: [Google]
LV-nightstalker-prev2.jpg
305KB, 600x527px
>>382752491
What? No, that's wrong

They removed the red marks from the top of his head and nothing else
>>
>>382752796
Well look at that.
>>
>>382752796
Oh I guess they removed it from his arms, too

Maybe they're supposed to be muscles or something I dunno
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.