[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

(0.0)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: WHATshouldIplay.png (645KB, 1251x774px) Image search: [Google]
WHATshouldIplay.png
645KB, 1251x774px
hi /v/! Does anyone else collect an endless amount of steam games but still cant decide what to play?

I just finished a website to help that

WhatShouldiSteam.com

If my very minimal ads bug you, please use adblocker, Have fun anons, let me know what you think
>>
>>382739305
OP here I am legit not a bot, just want to share my website but it's hard to get people to check it out.
>>
File: 1494761264176.jpg (79KB, 485x371px) Image search: [Google]
1494761264176.jpg
79KB, 485x371px
>>382739305
Huh, actually kinda cool
>>
>>382739571
Thanks man, just trying to make helpful site. I made it for myself, then decided to spend time and make it better so others could use.

Tell people about it if you like it and get a chance, otherwise enjoy!
>>
>>382739863
Add a filter for local co-op vs online or number of players in a multiplayer game would be pretty sweet, but steam doesnt really tag those things, so good luck on that
or make it so you can punch in multiple steam accounts and pick a multiplayer for a group to play, and its instantly 10/10
>>
>>382740405
Oh shit the multiple accounts might be a great idea holy cow, I'll work on that in a couple days.

Yeah the other shit is almost impossible because of how bad steam's API is and how inconsistent their tagging is. I already put so much effort into an algorithm that doesn't suck ass without making a billion API requests.
>>
I like this idea a lot and just wanted to say nice work! Bookmarked and will definitely use.
>>
>>382741603
Thanks a lot anon! I am so happy to see the response this has gotten so far. Tell your steam friends about it if you get the chance!
>>
File: 46211402.jpg (34KB, 293x223px) Image search: [Google]
46211402.jpg
34KB, 293x223px
nice website anon
>>
>>382741958
thnx senpai
>>
today op was not a faggot gj
>>
>>382742180
Yeah it's not easy to convince a messageboard that you aren't a robot when you're shamelessly posting a link to an unknown website. At least my website is clean and HTTPS
>>
>>382742284
Just don't backstab us like the .io games did
>>
Bump for OP being useful for once.
>>
>>382742319
Im not a microtransaction whore. The number of ads you see on the site currently (which desu is probably zero because adblocker ftw) is a good representation of the most ads it will ever have. I'm a programmer and a gamer, I make features, not money :D
>>
>>382742516
It's not about the ads, The guy that made agar.io came here to show his game and we gave him feedback non-stop, it was our game for a week, we helped the guy fix the game and balanced it.
After that he backstabed us and ran to reddit to show his cool game that he made and we only got a shitty clover logo that almost every site has, no mentions/credits or anything.

Some anons liked your site, we are happy to give you feedback, but don't be the .io guy.
>>
>>382742319
When did that happen? I thought .io was the evolution of unity games
>>
>reticulating splines
I never get tired of that meme
>>
>>382742995
I actually didn't know that, thanks for the info! I don't plan on backstabbing anyone, just making a tool that helps people.
>>
>>382743085
Thank you for noticing, I was worried it had grown stale in the last 20 years
>>
File: 1495559056818.jpg (713KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1495559056818.jpg
713KB, 2048x1365px
>>382743035
I don't really remember the date, but that guy sold the game to a large corporation and made the slither.io or some shit like that, and others anons that didn't know of the 10 animes betrayal, helped him again.

>>382743263
It's fine if you go to another site reddit and show your site, but if any of us helped you, give us credit, can be a little text in a about.html page, no matter.
>>
>>382743541
"us" i mean anyone that helped you.
And quoted the wrong post nice.
>>
I think it should have a "random" for every filter.
>>
>>382744334
If you pick a filter you get a random result back always. The only non-random thing that happens is it won't give you the same game twice unless there are no other options.
>>
>>382739305
add multiple category searches. What if I want to play the highest rated RPGs from 5+ years ago with aliens?
>>
>>382745373
I didn't do this because two thing:
1. Server stress due to me having to cache everything in my DB because steam's API limits
2. I thought it wouldn't be used much, because most combos would return *really* limited sets up games the way the algorithm works right now, because I mostly don't include games that don't have good reviews or at least a decent amount of reviews.

I am still working on a way to tackle this though, because there are a few use cases when this would be useful
>>
>>382739305
So the only competent people in /v/ capable of doing something is redditors.

Pathetic
>>
>>382745649
Nah I just have so little social life because of programming shit like this, that I am on literally every social media / messageboard possible.
>>
>>382745986
People hardly follow standards here, it's okay.
>>
>>382739305

Only poorfags can enjoy/decide to play the few games they have
>>
>reticulating splines
I like it already.

Got a couple cool recommendations I'll probably check out later.

Thanks OP.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.