[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You ever get mentally stuck on what game you want to play?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 1498909923433.jpg (473KB, 793x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1498909923433.jpg
473KB, 793x1200px
You ever get mentally stuck on what game you want to play?
>>
yep
>>
I have a backlog of 800+ games. You better goddamn believe it.

I've spent the better part of a year deciding what to play next.
>>
>>382736103
Yes actually, I have over 30 games that're unfinished by a large margin.
I'm mostly debating on whether I should practice for ranked in one game or just say fuck it and finish the games I paid for.
>>
when I was a kid, I would lay all my games in a line on the carpet. then, starting with the first one, I would compare it to the second. "which of these two games would I rather play?" I'd say to myself. the victor would proceed to the next game in the line and I'd repeat the process until I reached the very end and one game would be crowned champion. then I'd play that game.
>>
>>382737802
I did this with game carts back when I had the genesis and later on with the N64

back then physical carts meant something, I didn't get the same vibe from discs although they were cool looking because "optical media"
>>
>>382736103
I haven't played a game in a month because I have no clue which one I want to play and I feel like shit for it
>>
>>382738187
>and I feel like shit for it
really.. you too? I thought I was the only one.

Unfortunately I only buy games with a huge multiplayer component to them to gain as much replay value as possible.

Last year was BF1, Overwatch, Titanfall 2.

This year it will be Destiny 2. Some of my taste in vidya has become shit, I know. I'm seeking an adrenaline junkie high from shooters, helps me take the pressure off of life.
>>
Yes, right now i don't know if i play the extra modes from re4, dark souls, dragon's dogma, AM2R, dark souls 2 or half life 2.
cute boi btw
>>
>>382739005
I know myself and that's why I don't buy dlc because I'll never get to it. None of the games these days carries a passion I had since 10 years ago.

I'm trying to support devs (if it can be helped) with a free dlc model. That way there's little dilemma involved
>>
>>382736103
Yes, although I think it has more to do with my severe depression making it difficult for me to get interested in doing anything at all besides compulsive eating and sleeping to escape existence. I bought a ton of games in the recent GOG sale and was actually kind of feeling enthusiastic about playing through them and using them to fix my diet (i.e. focus on the games instead of food). Then I had some really bad pain in my eyes for about four days that really pissed me off and drove me back into the depression, and I haven't been able to get the enthusiasm back.

Then there's the problem of my low faith in an afterlife. Atheists like to say that thinking there's no afterlife makes you do more in this life, but that's not true for me it all. All it did was leave me paralyzed with indecision about what I should do with my pathetically short existence. Then I realized that no matter what I did, I would end up regretting not doing one of the other things I could have done.

Yeah, I'm in a pretty bad place.
>>
>>382739616
One can't live on strength alone.

I'm depressed often but it helps to have faith regardless. When there is a break in my depression even a few moments of bliss leaves me wanting to live for more.

Right now I'm trying to not think so much. It really is the main cause for my sadness because I become more aware of the grim reality of the way the world operates. I was much happier being ignorant but finding a way to adapt is the only path available to me.
>>
File: 1495170324729-b.gif (2MB, 290x162px) Image search: [Google]
1495170324729-b.gif
2MB, 290x162px
>just getting back into SMT 4 to finish it
>I have Witcher 3 and FFX remaster on the backburner
How fucking long is this game?! It's not even that fun anymore
>>
>>382736103
Right now my dude.
>>
>>382738050
I liked discs.

If you ask me, physical copies didn't stop meaning something until the seventh generation. Before then, a lot of games had decent manuals and stuff, and some PC games still included extra stuff in the box. Now you're lucky to get a manual at all, and on PC, even a physical copy will make you use Steam anyway.
>>
In the middle of one of those right now, thanks to crippling depression and the annual summer game drought. Fucked that the start of this year was so overloaded with great shit, Yakuza 0, Nioh, Nier, Persona 5, and now we're stuck with basically nothing for months and months.

I tried to fight off the malaise by finding combinations of games with the same theme or setting that I hadn't played and doing them at the same time to try and get in the mood, but I've run out and nothing feels good.
>>
>>382737594
Post it
>>
>>382739616
>>382740093
Just go out in the fresh air for a jog or something.
Jesus, stop with that autism.
>>
>>382736103
All the damn time.
>>
>>382741636
"I'll go get some fresh air!"
>jogs
"Now I still don't know what to play, and I'm sweaty!"
>>
Rarely these days. I just pick a game series that I want to play and go through it beginning to end. That takes a lot of the thinking during downtime out of the equation. If I feel some burnout from that series then I'll just play a shorter game like a rogue-lite or a shmup.
>>
>>382741636
>Just go out in the fresh air for a jog or something.
Oh, believe me, I tried exercise. I also tried school, working quite a bit, all the things people tell you will improve your mood. None of it worked.
>>
>>382736103
I wish I could play her.
>>
>>382742425
I'm not entirely sure that is a "her".
>>
>>382742492
Just because she's flat and has short hair, that doesn't make her any less feminine. Look at her facial structure.
>>
>>382742601
To be honest, I probably wouldn't be having doubts if this wasn't 4chan, but it is.
>>
File: ywn_feel_this.gif (609KB, 211x320px) Image search: [Google]
ywn_feel_this.gif
609KB, 211x320px
>>382742367
You know what you need anon?
A qt gf
>>
>>382743606
delete this
>>
>>382743606
Actually I think I need a succubus to rape me into submission until I break down and let all my emotions out, then hold me close and promise that she'll make sure I never have to suffer like that again, and then follow through on that promise.

So I guess I agree, just with a different tone than you were probably going for.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.