[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I noticed this was on sale in the Steam thing. Is it any good,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (47KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
47KB, 854x480px
I noticed this was on sale in the Steam thing.

Is it any good, particularly if you like Duke 3D?
>>
no sourceport tho
>>
>>382736123
bloodgdx is out now, and thats as close as we're ever going to get to a real sourceport

>>382736087
it's fun. I like it better than Douk, not as well as Shadow Warrior. Get good at dynamite and be prepared to die A LOT.
>>
>>382736087
It is but you can literally find the game for free with a google search and would be right to since the Steam version uses a really old version of DOSbox that runs the game way worse and has difficulties changing resolutions.
>>
>>382736314
Is the version on GOG any better?
>>
this game is great

I'm particularly fond of how this is a good example of when 3d shooters had maps that looked like actual places, instead of bizzare, nonsense geometry that was sort of 'real place kind of' shaped.
>>
>>382737363
I'm pretty sure they are the same (just without the Steam DRM). You could buy it and swap out the version of DOSbox for the latest SVN build but at that point I would just pirate it.
>>
Yes.
>>
>>382737624
Hmm. I've never tried downloading a game like that before. For $1.50 maybe I'll just deal with the Steam version.
>>
Don't suppose theres a way to play this with a controller, is there?
>>
>>382736087
I'm a big fan of duke3d and shadow warrior. But Blood is easily the best build engine shooter easily

Too bad Monolith doesn't make good games anymore :(

>>382737624
There's no Steam DRM on this game. Or any game using dosbox AFAIK
>>
>>382739905
Xpadder allows you to map keyboard keys and mouse button actions to your game controller buttons
Xpadder also allows you to map the mouse pointer to your game controller sticks
Xpadder can also handle combinations, sequences, toggles, triggers, shift sets, multiple controllers and more
Xpadder is designed for Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and XP

But don't do it to yourself.
>>
>>382741105
Don't do what?
>>
>>382736087
Yes, by all means yes. This game will remind you that you know shit about classic FPS games. It doesn't play like Doom, Quake etc. Blood has a unique flavor that is very hard to digest but once you do, there's nothing that compares to it. I'm a big fan of Doom/Quake, but Blood is a whole other thing and it stands above every other in my opinion.

Also, learn to use the fucking dynamite, or you will be sorry.
>>
>>382743334
Is it good enough to deal with the Steam version?

I just know for a fact that if I try to download it somewhere, BAM. Viruses out the ass.
>>
>>382741312
Play the game with a gamepad. It'll be impossible.
>>
>>382743540
Torrent the gog version, it comes with the fourth episode and it's pre-configured with dosbox and all that shit ready to play. Also if when you are done with the base game, get the Death Wish level pack. It will blow your fucking mind.
>>
>>382743650
Hey, Duke is fine with a pad.
>>
>>382743827
Uh, can I just BUY the gog version? Six bucks isn't really gonna brake the bank here.
>>
>>382743859
This game ain't like dook.
>>
>>382743981
Sure, go ahead and buy the gog version. Enjoy it anon.
>>
Yes, imo the best fps ever made. It has a very rough learning curve if you're playing on Well Done however and it can feel very unfair at first, but once you memorize the levels, learn the weapon quirks and how to best use them, start crouching to avoid damage, move fast when appropriate and master dynamite throwing it's unbelievably fun. Even the weird janky physics are a positive.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.