[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How successful will this game be?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: Dragonball Fighter z.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dragonball Fighter z.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
How successful will this game be?
>>
It's been about 20 years since DBZ started airing on toonami and it's functionally replacing UMvC3. It's got a decent chance.
>>
File: 1499113940966.jpg (120KB, 1003x715px) Image search: [Google]
1499113940966.jpg
120KB, 1003x715px
I imagine Dragon Ball Super's big tournament fight episodes will be near its finale by the time the game's about to release.

Hype levels are going to be off the charts
>>
is it true that there were DBZ fighting games on SNES?

were there tournaments and stuff? lmao
>>
>cashuls will drop it because 2hard
>Fgc will drop it because it isn't Capcom/It's anime
It's dead Jim.
>>
File: 1485266468823.png (157KB, 457x463px) Image search: [Google]
1485266468823.png
157KB, 457x463px
>>382734740
>>382734893
I just want a game where I can find matches on Steam all the time unlike Uniel or BB. I wonder if it can have a bigger playerbase than T7.
>>
>>382734508
It's Arksys, so it's got the weebs looking at it.
It's also Dragonball, so it's got the normalfag FGC looking at it.
I'd say it's got a good chance of taking off, especially seeing how Capcom keeps fucking with with Infinite.
>>
>>382734508
It will sell at least as much as Xenoverse did. How the FGC will take to it, I have no idea.
>>
>>382735835
Super DBZ bombed though compared to tenkaichi and budokai series.
>>
>>382735314
>2hard

Come now. You see some of the move lists? It's just quarter circles with some down down punch punch. On top of that there are auto combos and knowing arcsys there will be a stylish option
>>
>>382734508

Nothing even close to /v/'s predictions which will all be some stupid extreme.
>>
It will be successful since it's Dragon Ball. The real question is, for how long will people play it? Since we got games like Injustice and MK that sell like 5 millions in a month but then die in less than a year.
>>
File: 1498110773702.gif (386KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1498110773702.gif
386KB, 500x281px
>>382736137
What stops this from selling as much as NRS games or even something like Smash? It's Dragonball which has been more successful in the west than any one fighting game or capcom game has ever been, but this time it's a "legit" fighter that captures the pace and spirit of the manga (sorry Super DBZ) and is even noob friendly while appealing to fighting game fans with it's mechanics?
>>
File: panel2.png (218KB, 1656x630px) Image search: [Google]
panel2.png
218KB, 1656x630px
If it bombs the arcade cabinet I'm going to build for it will be a little embarrassing.
>>
>>382734508
It's really hard to tell. The presentation is amazing and DBZ is the most normie anime.

But I don't know how much excitement there really is for the game itself. Are people just happy that this exists, but not willing to buy it? Are people hyping it up to rub it in Capcom's face, but not because they want to play it?

Regardless, it will bring new people into the FGC and that's a good thing.
>>
>>382737541
>it will bring new people into the FGC and that's a good thing
ha

the FGC won't give a shit about it cause they're too busy sucking capcom's dick

FGC is literally the worst vidya fanbase to ever exist
>>
>>382734508
It will not sell a single copy
Screencap this
I mean it
>>
>>382736979
Nah shit looks pretty dope regardless
>>
>all the DBFZ fans switch over
>anyone black in fighting games switches over because they're included in the first group
>ArcSys fans switch over now that GG and BB are on the backburner for a while
>people tired of Mahvel after a few months of being out switch over
>Capcom fatigue in general means SFV players start switching over
>casuals switch over if they promise the quality single-player content they usually do with extra motivation due to every group above switching over
Gee, I don't know. I think it'll be, at minimum, second in EVO entrants next year. There's enough appeal to draw from so many crowds.
>>
>>382734508
If it continues to have good PR and has a roster above 20 characters. It will definitely sell more than SFV.
>>
>>382739381

Unfortunately the only thing I'm worried about is arc sys always lowballing their rosters in the first installments of these games, and that's a HUGE turnoff for casuals, desu anything less than 18 or even 20 is asking for this game to fail in sales.
>>
>>382739670
Wistfully hoping that the base roster is 24 characters. Hopefully Bandai Namco is seeing all the hype DBFZ is generating and sending more resources and manpower to Arcsys.
>>
>>382734508
It won't because few characters.

Normalfags don't like fighting games they just want to bash it out with literally every character in the series as playable and since this game will have a small roster they won't enjoy it.
>>
>>382738551

Thanks brother.
>>
it's a fighting game

fighting game players only care about capcom and have shitty communities, so it's fucked.
>>
First, the move sets need to be varied like your typical hardcore fighting game.

Second, If it has a 35-40 playable roster with all prominent DBZ characters and doesn't add any autismo-cringe Super characters, the game will be wonderful.
>>
>>382734508
Not
>>
>>382744040
>35-40 characters at launch

In a perfect world that'd be the starting roster, but at best we'd have 24 and that's pushing it. Don't want shitty Super characters either, but we're going to get them if not at launch definitely as dlc.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.