[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Realistically, how many Wii U ports do you think the Switch will see?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: Nintendo Direct Surprise.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo Direct Surprise.gif
4MB, 480x270px
Realistically, how many Wii U ports do you think the Switch will see?
>>
Whats a wii u? all im seeing is the switch getting a ton of original content.
>>
quite a few throughout 2018 at least

I'm sure Nintendo realizes the market for people who didn't buy the Wii U but already bought a Switch and are hungry

looks like Bayo1 and 2 are on the way, if not 3 already
just gimme Tropical Freeze, W101, Mario Marker (if not a sequel) and DKC Tropical Freeze (if not a collection with Returns on the Wii coupled in too)
I'd be satisfied after that
>>
Quite a lot.
I'm also expecting some Wii titles pop up in the eshop.
>>
All 5 of the games the WiiU had should cover it
>>
They'll probably leave a couple so that the Wii U has "its own games" and pretend it was relevant. Nintendo are pretty careful with their brand image.
>>
I pretty much just want Mario Maker and I'm good.
>>
>>382711547
I have my fingers crossed everyday for Metroid Prime Trilogy and Zack & Wiki
>>
File: Lauging Whore.jpg (98KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Lauging Whore.jpg
98KB, 640x360px
>>382711127
I don't really consider BotW a port, given that it released on both systems at the same time.

However, I'd say the most likely are:
>Bayonetta 2 (only because of Sega's tease)
>Xenoblade Chronicles X
>Sm4sh (unless they announce a new one soon)

Every DX game so far, and to be fair there's only been two, has had a pretty healthy amount of DLC to begin with and multiplayer heavy. Nintendo straight up said Pokken DX was happening because they believed there was a long life ahead of it that just wasn't possible with the Wii U's install base.

Some games like Mario Maker and Star Fox Zero just don't seem likely to me given their controls. I feel like 3D World would take away from Odyssey and Splatoon DX would take away from Splatoon 2.

To be honest family, I just don't see that many Wii U DX versions happening. Would love to see Wonderful 101 again though.
>>
>>382711127
every single first and third party Wii U games are gonna be ported to switch.
>>
Given their policy of having to add content in order to port it, I can really only see Smash and Mario Maker getting ports.
>>
Pikmin 3 would be nice, even better would be a pikmin collection with all 3 games.
>>
>>382711127
What the fuck, is that gif real?
>>
>>382712849
No, it isn't.
>>
>>382711127
I'd love a chance to play Wonderful 101 again, but the only things I see possible are Smash, maybe Mario Maker with some added content/features, and maybe Bayonetta.
A lot of people say Maker wouldn't work because of controls, but I kind of just get a crackpot idea in my head of it being played with a mouse a la Mario Paint, since the game is already taking so much from Paint anyway. Since the Switch has USB ports in the dock they don't really need to make any new peripherals for it, either.
>>
>>382711127
Wii U games with DLC
>Smash 4
>Mario Kart 8
>Pikmin 3
>XCX
>NSMB U
>Hyrule Warriors
>Splatoon
>Pokken (the content was there on arcades anyway)

Two of these games already got the DX version. These are definitely the most likely candidates.
>>
>>382713098
or you'd just have to undock the switch to create levels
>>
>>382713953
>Removing the ability to make levels unless you're playing in handheld mode, and therefore killing the battery
I doubt Nintendo is that retarded.
>>
Mario Maker, Xenoblade X, Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 will definitely get ported. Maybe Pikmin 3 eventually.
>>
>Wonderful 101
Please.
Just make it happen.
>>
>>382713937
Splatoon, Pikmin, and Xenoblade aren't getting ports because they have successors on the Switch, so you can take those out. I'd actually go as far as to say that applied to Hyrule Warriors as well.
>>
>>382713098
>A lot of people say Maker wouldn't work because of controls
It's a fucking grid.
You don't draw, you just place items on a grid. Why do idiots think you need touch controls for Mario Maker?
>>
>>382714287
Xenoblade 2 is not a successor to X.
>>
>>382712328
Xenoblade X isn't happening, it would compete with Xenoblade 2
>>
>>382714390
No one's saying it would come out soon. They could easily put out X two years from now.
>>
>>382714171
Wonderful 101 is not getting ported. They only ported the high selling games.
>>
>>382714540
I genuinely think they will port everything but Splatoon (because we already have 2) and Smash 4 (because they will just make a new Smash). Everything else is coming eventually.
>>
>>382714752
You're just delusional anon
>>
>>382714287
Pikmin 4 exists in name only, the only new one on the horizon is that 3ds one.
>>
>>382714874
Why wouldn't they? They're not gonna make 12 hit games a year, any month where they don't have a Switch game ready just shit out a Wii U port. Even if the Switch only sells 3DS numbers (it will probably sell a lot more) that's eventually 50 million more customers to sell these games to.
>>
>>382715328
They won't port the Wonderful 101 just so it can flop again
>>
>>382712741
I hope before Pikmin 4 and Metroid Prime 4 they make HD trilogies for both first 3 games
>>
>>382714351
I could ask why idiots think it'd be enjoyable to build a Mario level, brick by brick on a grid, using a normal controller, too.
>>
File: Wonder Red No More!.jpg (1MB, 830x1260px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder Red No More!.jpg
1MB, 830x1260px
>>382715373
tfw you literally bought a Wii U just to play Wonderful 101
>>
>>382711127
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Metroid Prime 4
Bayonetta 2
SMT HD
>>
>>382711127
wtf who took the time to make this?
>>
>>382711127
I wish the Switch got an enhanced 1080p version of DKCTF

Also Super Mario Maker with a comfy winter/snow and desert theme and a few more objects and stuff to place as well as slopes.

God this would be so great. Two fantastic games.
>>
>>382712962
Well, the Bayonetta games got confirmed for the Switch today, anyways, so it's close enough.
>>
>>382715992
Neogaf.

I don't know why /v/ thinks they're Sony central.
>>
>>382716236
>Well, the Bayonetta games got confirmed for the Switch today,
source
>>
>>382716372
Not confirmed, but heavily rumored.

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/07/03/platinum-games-possibly-teasing-bayonetta-for-nintendo-switch/
>>
>>382716372
https://twitter.com/platinumgames_j/status/881710210166824960
>>
>>382716492
>Not confirmed
so you lied
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.