[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have literally never played a video game in my entire life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: original.jpg (32KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
32KB, 640x360px
I have literally never played a video game in my entire life besides mobile games and Super Mario when I was a kid. My parents were too poor to buy me games and consoles, so I always had to get by with books and TV. And as I got older, I guess I never had too much interest in checking out what I'd been missing. But I do now.

How do I start? What consoles are the best to get? What genres are the best? Which games are classics?
>>
Look at Xbox/PS4/switch exclusives and get the one that has the most appeal to you. Or, build a PC and get the widest library possible. IMO the best setup right now is PC (gets most games, power to emulate anything from any gen besides the last two) and a Switch.
>>
>>382710891
http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki//v/%27s_Recommended_Games_Wiki
Go gen by gen and emulate them. I suggest starting with gen 3 and working your way up but that's probably because it was my first gen. In the end it's up to you how far back you can tolerate going.
>>
>>382710891
You should play a bunch of old games first and work your way forward. Get an emulator and play some NES games. Then Super NES and Genesis, and so on.
>>
Buy or build a PC. You get all the newest games (besides exclusives) and the power of emulation which allows you to play older games too.
>>
Buy a Super NES Classic if you can't figure out how to use emulators.
>>
>Which games are classics?

Super Mario 64
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Tetris
Doom (1993)

These are pretty good entry level games, general starting points for determining what kind of games you like.
>>
File: 1495320308988.jpg (27KB, 318x307px) Image search: [Google]
1495320308988.jpg
27KB, 318x307px
Get yourself a PS4, a copy of the newest Call of Duty, Fifa, and your set
>>
>>382713530
>Nintenbro
>>
Yeah, if you can get your hands on the new Super Nintendo Classic that seems like a good place to start. Super Nintendo in general has some of the freatest games ever made. They may be a bit challenging for a beginner though.

Super Mario World
A Link to the Past
Donkey Kong Country
Super Metroid
Earthbound
etc.
>>
>>382710891
Stay away from nintendo shit. Pokemon is a meme the games are garbage and no provide no satisfying challenge. Avoid the wii and wii u and get a switch since all the decent games they had on wii u are being ported over to it. Xbox dosen't offer anything except some fake ass 4k and most of their shit is on pc. PS4 gots a couple of exclusive gems but thats about it.
>>
>>382714851
Name a better entry-level 3D platformer on Sony platforms than Super Mario 64.
Crash 2? Not nearly as inventive or diverse.
There may be "better" games out there in some cases, but the design of Nintendo's n64 games was in an era where the transition to 3D required games to be especially intuitive and enjoyable to play. This makes them incredibly easy for people who have never played a videogame before to get into, as they don't assume any prior mechanical knowledge.

Plus, SM64 deserves a lot of the praise it gets anyway, in my opinion. OOT is overrated for the most part, but it's still an excellent introduction to 3D action/adventure games.
>>
>>382714389
This.

You basically have no taste. Start with that casual shit.
>>
>>382714389
basically this

btw where did you get that picture of me?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.