[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain what the appeal of racing games are? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: MarioKart8Boxart.jpg (167KB, 250x353px) Image search: [Google]
MarioKart8Boxart.jpg
167KB, 250x353px
Can someone explain what the appeal of racing games are? I've never bothered playing them before, but Mario Kart 8 came free with my Wii U so I played it for the hell of it.

And I'm confused. I didn't even have to get first place to unlock all the maps, of which there weren't that many. And in a couple of hours, the end credits started rolling. Is this what all racing games are like? Are older ones like Carmageddon for PC or older Mario Kart games better? I'm just completely underwhelmed.
>>
you're supposed to play them with friends
>>
>>382706474
The only good Mario Kart for single player is the DS version, and it's still worse than Crash Team Racing and Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed by a lot.

Mario Kart is good for multiplayer only.
>>
>>382706474
There are racing games and then there are karting games.
Racing: Gran Turismo, Forza, NFS, Dirt 4, etc.
Karting: Mario Kart, Crash Team Racing, Sonic All-stars racing, etc.
Karting games usually feature kiddie graphics and karts/cars, are meant for multiplayer and they tend to have less content than racing games.
Racing have realistic cars and usually have a career mode and plenty of cars to unlock and tweak.
>>
You know you're not supposed to play games just to unlock shit, right?
>>
File: takumiplz.webm (2MB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
takumiplz.webm
2MB, 1080x720px
>>382706474
going fast is fun

its why i take my own car to the touge and listen to yuropbeet
>>
>>382706973
Karting games are also more fun.
>>
>>382706474
>can somebody explain the appeal of [genre]?
>>
>>382707127

But you are supposed to play games to finish them, right?

Starcraft: Brood War is also a game where the multiplayer outshines the single player but even there the single player campaign was worth playing.
>>
>>382706474
I would understand your confusion since your entrance to the genre is a shitty game from a shitty series.
>>
Mario Kart is a casual party racing game with a large following because of its accessible, yet rewarding gameplay.

It's not designed to be a full singleplayer experience. You unlock tracks so you can play with your friends and play online.

You want an actual singleplayer racing game, don't play Mario Kart. Play F-Zero. Play Forza Horizon 3. Play NFS Underground 2. Play Burnout 3.
>>
>>382706474
>>382707415
Do you have 3 stars and gold cup on every single cup of every single CC? Because if not you obviously haven't finished it. The credits rolling doesn't mean shit nowadays.
>>
This but with fighting games. It's just really lazy punching gameplay. Like it's just a tech demo for people to put into real games with actual content.
>>
>>382707156
>that racing line
>>
>buy James Bond: Agent Under Fire
>press credits button on the menu
>credits start rolling

Is this what all games are like? There wasn't even any gameplay.
>>
>>382706474
>I played a multiplayer game single player what am i missing?
----------------------------------------------------------
Anyone above this line was trolled
Anyone below this line was trolled
---------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>382708187
>putting your own message above the troll line and not between them
>>
>>382708459
>getting trolled by an explicit troll post
It's 2012 again boys
>>
>>382706474
I always saw mario kart as a party game more than an actual racing game. That being said actual racing games are fun to play with friends and customizing cars is fun if you're into it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.