[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Something I never got about GTA IV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: dwayne-forge.jpg (23KB, 450x302px) Image search: [Google]
dwayne-forge.jpg
23KB, 450x302px
Why does this guy call you for no reason? "Hey man, did you just call me? I was in the shower and I thought you musta called..." What was that about?
>>
>>382703867
hes lonely
>>
he was just lonely but didn't want to admit it
>>
Anyone ever use the mod where you can fuck your friends? He was the best lay besides Roman
>>
>>382703867
>Hey dude I am kinda alone and search for some company, but I am to proud to admit that.
>so now that we talk wanna do something?

I liked Dwayne they conveyed a proper lonely person who hinders himself from getting nice things.
>>
>>382703867
I wouldn't know. I may have killed him.
>>
>>382704697
>not killing playboy
>>
I killed Playboy because he was a disrespectful little shithead.
>>
>>382704014
just like you lmao
>>
>>382705340

I never got this. Playboy seemed like a genuinely friendly person to Niko and they seemed to get along. If you kill him the game treats it like some deserved justice, but it didn't feel so great. Would have been cool if Playboy could have been a friend.
>>
>>382705513
don't be a dick anon
>>
>>382704207
He was the best character in the game in terms of dramatic writing. Best arc in general really.
>>
>>382705698
Playboy was friendly only when his gangbanger boys weren't around. Should you choose to kill him, the mission starts with the only cutscene where Playboy is seen with his troopers, and he disrespects Niko in front of them to look tough.
>>
As much as I like GTA IV, the choices weren't real
>make a deal with notorious backstabber for some money or put a bullet into his skull
>murder the lonely ex convict or a poser gangster
>kill the corrupt cop or the jaded freedom fighter/terrorist
>kill a guy or spare a guy and get sidequest later
>>
>>382705698
Dwayne also goes out of his way to fuck with Playboy because he felt 'neglected' the whole time he was in prison, or because he was no longer seen as an equal to Playboy who effectively made it on his own. I don't like that they gave such skewed incentives for picking between the two of them.
>>
File: Blood_Brothers_(GTA4)_(aiming).jpg (161KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Blood_Brothers_(GTA4)_(aiming).jpg
161KB, 1280x1024px
>>382706529

I saved the corrupt cop, because I felt like I was mercy killing the drugged out freedom fighter. Plus at least the corrupt cop had a desire to do good
>>
>>382704158
Excuse me
>>
>>382706674
They're both bad people. Playboy is fake as fuck and Dwayne is unwilling to change at all.
>>
>>382706767
Same. But to refer to this post >>382706529 it always seemed ridiculously stupid to me that Niko absolutely must go through with it, and can't tip off Packie.

Niko comes across as a two faced cunt, especially when he has to fucking drive the funeral casket the next mission, and while still being buddy-buddy with Packie/Kate.
>>
>>382706767
Derrick was a rat, also. You can also call Francis back before the hit for additional dialogue/money.
>>
>>382707254
Packie was the one true bro in the entire game aside from cousin.
>>
>>382706529

The motivation for doing the Deal was 1) you wouldn't want to go against Pegorino, and he would probably kill you and 2) to get a lot of money for Roman. I'd say it was a pretty tough choice. Realistically, doing the Deal seems like the safer option, as totally screwing over Pegorino seems very dangerous.

I almost feel like Rockstar wanted you to choose Deal, because Roman texts you twice saying "come on man, do this for me, I'm your cousin"
>>
>>382710691
You had already robbed a bank by that point. Money was not an issue.
>>
Oh wow I had totally forgotten how boring all the characters in GTA IV were. What a pile of shit, worst game in the series like a mahfucka.
>>
>>382706529
I dream for the day where these choices actually result in different story paths and/or affect the world in some meaningful way.

I mean, Rockstar definitely has the budget for it.
>>
>>382710691
Man, how many times do you have to be told that Pegorino was shit compared to Niko? He's supposed to be the head of the Jersey mob, not exactly a force to be reckoned with. If you even took two seconds to read into his character you'd see how pathetic he is. Hell, if you just paid attention while playing the game it should have been blatant.
>>
>>382710691
The Revenge ending is canon, and in my opinion it's the more tasteful choice. The tragedy is more potent, even if Roman's death is sad. It just fits the game better. The real climax is on The Platypus, everything after is just filler, just a way to cement the game's themes of anti-rewarding situations.
>>
>>382703867

People get lonely and they sometimes want to hang out with other people, at least that's what I've heard.
>>
>>382713660
I go to bars alone because because even the bartender interaction and just being near other patrons is better than being home alone.
>>
>>382703867
How autistic are you, he literally has no friends and wants company. Though Dwayne was on the weird side of friendship needs.
>>
>>382714374
You tend to be socially autistic after doing time.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.