[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you still fans of Digimon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: fei.jpg (45KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
fei.jpg
45KB, 500x281px
Are you still fans of Digimon?
>>
File: 1455061233447.jpg (266KB, 1134x1587px) Image search: [Google]
1455061233447.jpg
266KB, 1134x1587px
>>382703476
Only played Cybersluts the start of the year and was surprised by how interesting the horrible translation was.

Other than that bought the Blu Ray of the recent Movie/Miniseries (Vague Naming) and haven't finished it despite waiting for months and getting on release.

So no not a fan just a nostalgic asswipe
>>
>>382704090
Picked up Cyber Sleuth too, but it didn't keep me playing until the end.
>>
>>382705209
I actually got interested in 100%ing it until I found out the collectables disappear after the chapters and you can't replay chapters so fuck that waste of time.
>>
>>382703476
I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I enjoyed Cyber Sleuth. Every time I boot it up I can't help but think of all the problems it has though.
Like pokemon, all the on-hit sound effects sound like your slapping someone with a wet pool noodle rather than striking them with a dangerous object. It really takes you out of the fights.
The translation was poor and any digimon game where you're stuck in the real world the entire time is going to be boring.
They tried to remedy this by taking a hint from Megaman Battle Network and have you "jack in" to electronic appliances and roam the net but it's not the same. I would rather explore the actual world digimon come from with a character-based plot.
>>
>>382705364
You can do a New Game +
>>
File: [Eurobeat stops].gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
[Eurobeat stops].gif
2MB, 400x300px
>let's keep digimon (and gundam and jojo, but unimportant to the thread) on consoles because they're niche
>but lets bring literally who, the anime (lwa) to PC

Bravo Bamco.
>>
File: panchi.png (1MB, 1098x1269px) Image search: [Google]
panchi.png
1MB, 1098x1269px
>>382705443
I agree with you about how lacklustre moving between EDEN and the real world is, but I really enjoyed the concept of a manmade digital world and what digimon interactions with our world would be like now that technology and society have come so far. Some of the best moments come from the games' side quests dealing with just that. I might go back to it so I can find out where the main story goes with the hints about everything having roots in a series-like adventure that happened years ago. All I thought at the first brief flashback was that I'd play that.

Apart from the flaws, which I agree with you about, it's more or less where I hoped Digimon would be in the present day, still drawing on the well of technological progress - how we've gone from dial-up and floppy disks being the norm to roaming internet and cloud storage. I like how the game treats Digimon as phenomena too, after the two other takes on that I've seen.

>>382706830
At least they're finally releasing another Ace Combat, right?
>>
>>382703476
Yeah. If they did some experimental (but still decent) games on the PS1, I have high hopes for the future games.

I actually prefer Digimon over Pokemon. Both in terms of games and the world itself.
>>
>Lucario vs Renamon's the next Death Battle
>>
I finally completed Cyber Slut the other day.
How is Next Order?
>>
>>382703476
Never watched it or played any of the games but I want to get into it.
>>
>>382703476

More like Durarararamon now
>>
File: sIaanFu.png (60KB, 277x322px) Image search: [Google]
sIaanFu.png
60KB, 277x322px
>>382703476
>>
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.