[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, /v/. Redpill me.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

I know absolutely nothing about these games. Please explain to me which ones are shit, which ones are kino, and why for each.
>>
Responsible for a fanfiction that is the largest piece of literature ever.
I'm not fucking kidding.
>>
>>382694241
you're kidding
>>
>>382694367
Just google "largest piece of literature"
>>
>>382694003
The key of success is bad hygiene and mental illnesses.
>>
Its just a fighting game series of nintendo characters and a few third party ones. There's nothing different between them aside from adding new characters, taking out a couple characters, new items and new stages and stuff, standard upgrades.
That said, the most current one is the best, though the second game has the best opening. Oh yeah, also there's a fairly kinda large story campaign in the third one.
>>
>>382694241
>>382694367
>>382694463
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4112682/1/The-Subspace-Emissary-s-Worlds-Conquest
>>
>>382694003
64>WiiU/3DS>Brawl>Shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>Melee
>>
>64
Outdated by now in pretty much every single way. Fun, I would never turn down a match of 64, but never chose to play it over the others.
>Melee
People will tell you otherwise, but its actually an insanely deep game, flawed by a short viable roster. But since you are just coming into the game, this does not matter to you. Overall a great game with huge competitive potential.
>Brawl.
Avoid at all costs, even at a casual level.
>Project M
A mod for Brawl that fixes pretty much everything. Great at every level. Might possibly have the most balanced roster of any fighting game. A bitch to set up.
>Sm4sh.
New and shiny. Great fun. Decently balanced (you have pretty much Tier S with like 10 chars, unviable with like 3 chars, and everything in the middle is "good")

Overall, coming in, I would say
>Sm4sh
>Project M
>Melee
>64
>Brawl.
>>
the only person i've ever met that called himself a "melee player" in person was born in 1999
>>
64, Melee, and 4 for WiiU are all kino for varying reasons.

Avoid Brawl and the 3DS version
>>
>>382694809
>A bitch to set up.
t. the most retarded
>>
>>382694887
>Every single other game
>Plug and play
>Project M
>Gotta download rom, tools, put everything together.

I know its pretty fucking easy, but it's comparatively a bitch to set up.
>>
>>382694003
>64
Good for its time, but hasn't aged well in the smash community
>Melee
Broken heap of shit that autists tend to exploit in competitive and pretend that it's the best game in the franchise.
>Brawl
Even with its flaws, it's still a fun party game. don't let melee autists tell you otherwise.
>4
Best version of smash to-date. Speed and physics are balanced and it's incredibly fun. Only downsides are that there are too many Fire Emblem characters and that the 3DS version holds back the Wii U version (hence no Ice Climbers)

>tldr
4 > Brawl > 64 >>>>>>>>>>> Melee
>>
>>382694003
Nice buzzwords, faggot.
>>
>>382694540
>They are not that different
The whole engine and mechanics were completely revamped since Brawl, making both Brawl and Smash 4 the least good ones to play.
>>
>>382696695
>buzzwords
What? Little baby doesn't like the word redpill?
>>
>>382694809
>not mentioning the subspace emissary

i wouldn't play brawl over other smash games either but this shit was fun to play and its not like smash 4 physics are that much better

>>382696029
>fast and exciting mechanics = autism

idk how the fuck someone can be elitist about smash 4 when its engine is catered for children
>>
>>382694003
all of them are kino to varying degrees
play them in release order
>>
>>382696913
>>382696913
>>382697464
I kno, fellow enlightened gentle xirs. You aren't even allowed to L-cuck a mambypamby sharebloo rasen antifa BLM FDAFWP Kamehame rinnesharingan #I'mWithHer Jecht Shot Mark III. It's literally hitlr i cant stahp being triggerd
>>
>64
Decent, but has the least amount of moves, characters, and modes in the series.
>Melee
Deepest Smash so far but over half the roster is a bitch trying to win with. The speed and movement is fast and aggressive.
>Pretty metiocre gameplay, but not as bad as people make it out to be. More characters and best modes make up for it, but it's slow and floaty.
>Project M
Mod of Brawl that brings over the best parts of Melee while keeping the roaster and modes in Brawl.
>Smash 4
Sort of like Brawl, but not much. Way more characters, some bad parts of Brawl taken out but still not as deep as PM and Melee. Hands down the most content but PM is better gameplay wise. Slightly faster than Brawl. Only one with a normal online mode.

Overall it's
Smash 4>PM>>>Melee=Brawl>>>>64

Smash 4 and Melee are mainly the ones with competitiv scenes if you care for that kind of thing.
>>
File: concern.jpg (4KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
concern.jpg
4KB, 226x223px
>>382698206
ok
>>
File: 1496810460714.jpg (19KB, 393x375px) Image search: [Google]
1496810460714.jpg
19KB, 393x375px
>>382694003
If you just want to watch and obsess over top players and follow their drama on social media, get into Melee. If you want to be able to compete in tournaments yourself, then play Smash 4.
>>
>>382694809
thread should have ended here.
>>
>64
Old and small roster of characters, but very solid gameplay. Attacks feel very powerful, and a high amount of hitstun makes this one feel the most like a traditional fighting game.
>Melee
Highest skill ceiling but poor game code has lead to imperfect controller inputs to be discovered making people need a certain modified controller to not be screwed over by RNG. Attacks don't feel as meaty as in 64.
>Brawl
Floaty and a bit clunky. Random tripping was added to make this game more fair for people who aren't good at games. Attacks started to feel meaty again, but the addition of a lagless airdodge makes it risky to chase people in the air.
>Smash 4
The most optimized Smash Brothers game out of them all, but people live up to very high percents, can recover from very close to the bottom blast zones, and attacks are snappy and often don't hang around. A bit of departure from what some people would refer to as a Smash Bros feel.
>PM
A modified version of Brawl that makes the game feel more like Melee. It fixes the controller issues found within Melee but it is only accessible through a modified console and will never be officially recognized by Nintendo themselves.
>Super Smash Flash 2
A fan clone of Super Smash Bros. Brawl that removes much of the clunkiness and adds in several new characters. It isn't taken seriously by many people in the Smash community because it features several anime exclusive characters, it is made in Adobe Flash, runs at only 30 frames per second, and is only on PC.

>tl;dr
64 is the old one.
We need a new Melee-like game to replace the old Melee.
Brawl isn't played by many people.
Smash 4 is the most popular, but decidedly different than the rest.
PM is a good mod but very underground.
Super Smash Flash 2 is the most impressive game created in Adobe Flash.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.