[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>This thing actually came out >No one on /v/ talked about it Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: Hotpinkshorts.jpg (87KB, 190x218px) Image search: [Google]
Hotpinkshorts.jpg
87KB, 190x218px
>This thing actually came out
>No one on /v/ talked about it
Why
>>
we did for a while

also the servers were down for the first 2 months or something so it didn't do very well
>>
Twisted Metal for the PS3 has got to be one of the biggest tragedies in gaming ever. The single player was decent enough (even though they gutted the entire roster) but the multiplayer was so fucking botched due to the netcode that the game didn't get off the ground
>>
I wanted black but better

I got something with barely any characters at all
>>
Was it really something people wanted? I don't remember anyone being hyped.
>>
The car physics were to realistic, so it didn't feel like fast pace arcade crazy action. The severs were dead on arrival. Fun enough story but the roster was like two people, then you choose what car they use. Lead to an overall less interesting story because unless you main Sweet Tooth or Dollface is your waifu it isn't that drawing.

I've never played the game, I'm just repeating what /v/ says about it because the game does it talked about.
>>
>>382682202
This, Black was great and had everything

One of the best parts about twisted metal was the story and characters

Every character had their own motivation and vehicle which complemented their character as well

Twisted metal ps3 only has 3 characters and everybody can use all the vehicles so it felt really lame, black had LOTS off characters

The whole thing about fighting gangs was a very lame direction as well, everything just felt gimped in comparison to black
>>
Nuked mode was some of the most fun I've had in a multiplayer game. I sure hope they make another one. They even said they would at the end of the credits, not that that neans much.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
I am Calypso. I saw some shitty fan arts of me on Google.
>>
>>382683985
ass
>>
One of the best local multiplayer experiences i had on the ps3
>>
I am Calypso!
>>
I am Calypso
>>
>>382681345
this game is a great example of why single player will always be better than multiplayer.
>>
>>382684965
>>382684965
the single player was kinda shit though, comparative to black

although I did appreciate how they tried to change the gameplay a little bit, like with the bomb races and boss battles

I will say that it actually feels like a video game which is pretty different from the movie shit we get nowadays
>>
>>382684106
Same, holy shit. Me and a friend played couch coop campaign on twisted. Some of the best moments of my life, sadly enough
>>
>>382681345
It was inferior to Black and TM2 that's why. Factions bullshit instead of actual characters was a mistake.
>>
File: tm4ad.png (600KB, 500x639px) Image search: [Google]
tm4ad.png
600KB, 500x639px
>>382685325
yeah, thats what i was alluding to. they should have focused on making the single player good because now we are left with a dead mp and a mediocre sp campaign
>>
File: 1498682005310.jpg (20KB, 513x399px) Image search: [Google]
1498682005310.jpg
20KB, 513x399px
>>382682081
this

did the game even get a patch?
>>
twisted metal on ps4 when? we are so close to getting a sony ip on all four playstation consoles.
>>
>>382685630
H how dead is it?
How many online right now
>>
>>382685778
never considering the last one didnt do well
>>
>>382681345

>he didn't play TM2012 with /v/
>>
>>382681345
it did get talked about, it's just that people dropped it because no one could play with anyone. The online was fucked on release and I don't think it ever got fixed.
>>
>>382681345
The single player in this game was actually pretty damn fun, although I never had much fun with the multiplayer. It was fun to do co-op though with some other people.
>>
>>382685884
no idea, havent played the game years.
>>
File: insanity.jpg (188KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
insanity.jpg
188KB, 960x960px
>>382681345
if that game would get a few more characters, more vehicles and a fixed netcode for multiplayer while getting a ps4 port it would be good enough for me to replace vigilante 8.

also, bike is best vehicle.
>>
>>382685778
Not very likely, TM underperformed so much that Sony pulled the plug on updates very quickly, they even had Twister in the ready but never put in the game, then Jaffe went on to make this Drawn Together game that got zero advertising and no one gave two shits about it when it was released.
>>
>racing
>in a twisted metal game
dropped.
>>
>>382684965
Glad that /v/ didn't cause its online only trash
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.