[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the point of this twist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: metal gear solid v.png (424KB, 836x428px) Image search: [Google]
metal gear solid v.png
424KB, 836x428px
What was the point of this twist?
>>
big boss is a cunt and we had to cut a bunch of the story out in order to meet the deadline
>>
to make sense out of big boss dying twice in the entire series
>>
YOU're the phantom of Big Boss
thanks to the players, MGS is where it is now
The one who's working behind the scene
Big Boss passed the title to Venom just as Kojima let go the series to the players and future generation
>>
>>382678990
Was that something that really needed such an elaborate explanation though? The Metal Gear series revolves around asspulls, retcons, and people inexplicably surviving ridiculous things. I never had any problem accepting that Big Boss somehow found a way of surviving that first encounter. Besides, the original Metal Gear is 30 years old and most Metal Gear fans don't give a shit about it at this point - I never once saw anyone lose sleep over any plot details from the MSX games.
>>
>>382678658
it is what Kojima does, a ruined handjob, just like MGS2, you play as Snake and then you play as Raiden.
>>
>>382679428
Kojima betrays the audience just like Big Boss betrays Venom by sending Solid Snake to kill him
>>
>>382679475
>did we really need an asspull retcon
>Metal Gear series revolves around asspulls, retcons
Did you really need to answer your own question?
>>
>>382679428
Basically this. It's meta because Kojima loves to be meta. There's more stuff like this going on that ties into the phantom pain being something you feel irl

The game is still grossly unfinished though so his tru vision for it will never been experienced. What really has me intrigued now is what meta craziness is going on now with Death Stranding, and no I don't mean ruse cruise
>>
>>382679475
>>382679475
>Was that something that really needed such an elaborate explanation though?
Kojima gives no fucks, anything to serve his own inflated ego.
>>
>>382678658
the point is to tell the player that you are the true big boss and not that faggot with mommy issues.
>>
>>382680998
That's dumb. I'm not a fictional character
>>
>>382681908
to each his own. i loved the idea of the whole game being a huge 4th wall break and kojima thanking us and telling us that we are the real hero. plus i hate naked snake. he is beyond retarded. so double win for me
>>
>Kojima's message

You, having been a fan of the series for years, are Big Boss. All of Boss' biggest adventures and exploits are down to you, you are just as much a soldier and hero as he is.

>Continuity

Oh wait, how are we going to explain Boss surviving in MG1 if Snake killed him? Oh yeah lol, two Bosses, that'll do it
>>
Fuck that, what was the point of making the player go through the whole intro sequence again?
>>
>>382678658
connecting the metal gera solid games with the 32 bit metal gear games.
i'm not kidding, kojima just wanted his very first games to be canon, because in metal gear you infiltrate outer haven and destroy the metal gear from mgsv, you also kill big boss, but in metal gear 2 it is revealed that you didn't kill big boss, you killed some doppleganger.

you basically killed venom snake in metal gear
>>
File: THE TRUTH.jpg (889KB, 1000x4554px) Image search: [Google]
THE TRUTH.jpg
889KB, 1000x4554px
Daily reminder that Big Medic was never working with Big Boss. That was just Kojima fucking with you. All the John tapes and the "true" ending is actually something that Venom hallucinated in his mind, just like Paz and her tapes. Ocelot was task by Zero to make new Big Boss. Zero didn't know if John would ever wake up so he made Big Medic. Zero always wanted to make BB into an icon. Ocelot did this but being the double agent also protected John. The real reason why Grey Fox was captured in MG1 was because Venom didn't know who he was and was sent by the real Big Boss earlier to destroy their metal gear and Outer Heaven. And that's why Solid Snake was sent in because the real Big Boss wanted up get rid of his fake phantom and Grey Fox failed. The Big boss on your codec is John and the final boss fight Boss was Venom. Venom Snake in his crazy brain thought he was just doing what BB wanted but really Big Boss gave no shits about him and just used him until he was ready to get rid of him.
>>
>>382678658
There is no point. It's all about the ruse.
>>
File: original.jpg (33KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
33KB, 480x640px
The point of the twist is to subvert expectations of revenge and what it means to become a villain.

MGSV is basically doing the complete opposite of what a "satisfying" revenge story would do. Venom Snake is not some kind of unhinged devil, Skullface is not a satisfying villain and dies like a bitch, nothing gets fixed after he's dead and Diamond Dogs gets fucked over even more. The kicker is of course that you weren't Big Boss at all, he fucks off and leaves you the dirty work. Venom Snake (and by extension the player) gets fucking played.

Basically, it's another Metal Gear Solid 2 switch and bait. Kojima knew exactly what you expected and gave you the opposite.
>>
Big boss is just fucking crazy.
>>
>>382678658
Venom Snake is more handsome than BB tbqh.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.